20th Anniversary Cake Achievement - Help required

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not seeing getting any info from mechanical fortuneteller with regard to anything to do with this achievement, have run round PoK and have found no other information.

No mention of what cake, only cake I can find on the anniverary vendors is party cake, someone mentioned Platinum Cake no idea where they got that clue from.

Don't need the answers to the clues, just how to start this pigging quest.
  2. Spellfire Augur

3. Barton The Mischievous

check the dbg store seems they are selling the cake and banners not sure if you can get it somewhere else or not
  4. Diani Augur

Well, I bought a celebration pack of contentment from the DB store.It contained green banners for your house and a cake summoning thingy.
    Eating the cake at the right locations updates the achievement (confirmed).
    I think that the kind of yellow message you get will tell you whether you were in the right spot.

I think (not 100% sure)
    - Yum, that is a tasty slice of cake. Your tast bugs tingle (Not the right spot)
    - Yum, that is a tasty slice of cake. Your tast bugs tingle and you sigh in contentment (Right Spot, first time)
    - Yum, that is a tasty slice of cake. You remember a sense of contentment (Right spot, but already done before)
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

(There is another way to get this cake :) )
    eepok and Thunderkiks like this.
  6. smash Augur

And which way is that ? Not interested in spending my coins on it, for achievement without any reward
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Ah. I missed that you saw the book. You can get the book in the DB store as part of the banner packs, or anniversary vendor for 1 coin
  8. Omegga Elder

Also:
    Yum, that is a tasty slice of cake. with nothing after it. I think that means there are no locations in that zone.
  9. Feona The Red Monk New Member

Any hints where one could find "dinner plates" ?
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Dread Spire Keep?
  11. McDougal Augur

When I click the cake it says you may start more parties at home and you do not have sufficient focus to maintain that ability. Do I need TBL to do this quest? Because it doesnt say that when you buy the cake.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Make sure you do not have any auras running as the cake effect is an aura.
  13. Zvenn Just an old monk

any hints on making/finding dinner plates and plates? just about every combination of pottery i can think of are coming up short on making these
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm stuck on the same thing.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

I made "plain dining plate(s)," but I'm not sure that those are right. If they are, I haven't figured out how to work them into the recipe properly (and/or maybe I'm missing an intermediary step with the hickory stick).
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just came to post the same thing lol
    Not sure if we are missing a plate as one is to go on a plate and the other is to go on a dinning plate
    Not sure if we need to do anythng with the staff to break it, have tried whitling tool and planar tool in the recipe but no joy.
    Not sure if I need more frosting! LOL can never have too much.

Too many questions and getting no where with the cake.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

I'm assuming this book is a recipe for Slice of Platinum Anniversary Cake. Is it available for players on the Phinigel server? I purchased one of the banner celebration packs but it did not include any book. I also ran all around PoK and did not see "a jubilant merchant" so I can't obtain it through that method either.
  18. Hickers Elder

I'm wondering, what is the point of trying to make the final cake (with the plates and legs that no one can figure out), when the small and large cake rounds you make beforehand seem to have the exact same click effect as the cake purchased from the store?
  19. DCPD158 Elder

Is the cake you buy from the DB store a one shot item? I keep getting the message "You may start more parties at home" anywhere I try. No auras are up
  20. Diani Augur

In your house you can use it again to get 2 stacks of cake and when those run out again and again and...