Live Update Bugs 03/13/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Baldur Augur

They turned on tell windows if you had them turned off. Go to options and uncheck the Use Tell Windows box.
  2. Lianeb Augur

While using Chat windows which creates new tabs. If you are typing to someone in a tab and another person sends you a tell the new tell tab gains typing focus so your message gets split across two separate chat tabs in the tell window
  3. Lianeb Augur

Tell Windows:
    Setting chat font size is not maintained when new tabs pop up, font size has to be set for each tab that opens.
  4. Forcallen Augur

Was the "You twincast XXX" when casting purposely removed?

For example:
    [Thu Mar 07 19:50:04 2019] You twincast Dissident Paroxysm 6.

Was used for quite a bit for tracking purposes for dots at least.
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. Muffinstalker President Rivervale Bakers Union, Local 571

I have no bar in which to type my chat at the bottom of any of my windows.

Additionally when i attempt to type things I crash to desktop

Attempting to access the scrollbar causes a crash to desktop.
  6. niente Developer

Yes it was intentional.
    The regular twincast message was removed. Instead you only see (Twincast) at the end of the damage reported.
  7. Forcallen Augur

But that only occurs after a tic so there is a delay of up to 6 seconds. And how many different twincast messages are there now? (Twincast) (Critical Twincast) (Lucky Critical Twincast) so that now means I need to create and search 3 lines for every single dot in order to be able to track which dot was twincasted.

Can you just restore it for dots?
    Elzer likes this.
  8. Megashir New Member

is the even smaller warder for vahshir and ogre on TLP servers intentional?
  9. niente Developer

Can you give a better argument for why you need the DoT twincast message - what is it used for?
    Can you use a GINA trigger like "X has taken Y damage from your <spellname>\..*Twincast\)"?
  10. WorriedinNorrath Elder

/airlute is showing the guitar animation not the flute playing animation like I am assuming it should be by the name.
  11. Defjam1 Journeyman

It's. Air Lute. A lute is a small stringed instrument. Your adding a f that isn't there
  12. strongbus Augur

currently we use the dot twincast message to use gina to set a timer so we know how long the dot got left on it. The idea is we don't want to recast that dot till after the the twincast one is worn off(as the twincast one is doing double the damage as a normal one). setting a trigger like you said would reset the time each time the dot ticks. which wouldn't let us keep track of it.
    PathToEternity and Elzer like this.
  13. MelediWeaver Journeyman

Lag on the T3 Mearatas event was worse than usual. It affected several players. In my case, I have done everything recommended on every thread I can find to reduce lag and the event was still unplayable in one out of six tries. The other five were fine, but others in the raid got randomly afflicted. I do not mind an event that is hard intentionally. I do mind one that is hard due to bugs.
  14. Forcallen Augur

To real time track twincasted dot durations with external timers. A generic one size fits all trigger won't work because we use so many dots of varying base durations. Necros have multiple dots in use that run 30s, 42s, 54s, 60s, 84s, 96s before focus effects. So this change takes what was one trigger and search per dot timer to 3 triggers and 3 searches per dot timer. And worse than that since the message only occurs on a dot tic and not a cast it just will keep resetting the trigger and timer so in reality we can't track dot duration at all anymore. When juggling multiple dots and/or multiple targets or in raids its basically impossible to track this manually.

When a dot twincasts either passively or intentionally it does double its base damage for its duration. So you don't want to overwrite that twincasted dot until the last possible second. If I twincast a dot that will last 60s with focus effects I don't want to mistakenly reapply that dot 45s later because I forgot which dot it was that I twinned or forgot which mob of say 2-3 that I had the twincasted dot on.
  15. Sostenes Augur

Is there a way to disable:

- Updated various character models to better reflect lighting and detailing.

It is really hurting my eyes, my Metamorph Totem: White Werewolf looks like a chrome platted werewolf, my Anizok's Steam Escalator blinks on and off ever second, its really annoying...

Please let us know if there is a way to diable.

Thank you,
    Sostenes
  16. RainbowTest Augur

The /rps emote is a social aggro message and sorted that way instead of an emote. Not entirely against this staying as it is.
  17. svann Augur

If you are using Gina you can set the timer to Do Nothing if the timer is already running from a previous trigger. That way the original timer keeps going and doesnt start over.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Forcallen Augur

That doesn't solve the problems. If you refreshed the dot again with 2 seconds left on the original timer and it twincasted again no new timer would start. Or if you're dotting up multiple mobs at once and you twincast the same dot on on different mobs you only get a timer for the first twincast.

I don't see away around real time tracking twincasted dots with the current changes. Only hodge podge estimates that won't work always and will end up costing performance in game. Would have spoken up earlier but when I read direct damage in the notes I assumed that meant only direct damage.
    svann likes this.
  19. Moosey New Member

Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended but I've noticed a huge increase in GPU usage by each client since the patch.
  20. Zunar Augur

Npc charm ability now seems to be insta death to players. We had a death occur the instant someone got charmed in Empyr.
    We get charmed..sent to attack a groupmate and they riposte us to death? Is this result of tampering with Hdex/riposte and/or strikethrough?