Old World Evolution Nerfed - All mobs in TBL Enabled?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smokezz, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Since you silently nerfed old world evolution of the chase items... did you think to enable all mobs in TBL to evolve the chase items? It would seem the reason things like spiders, golems, armours weren't enabled to evolve the items in the first place was the fact people would have gone to places like Frontier Mountains, Chardok, etc and destroyed humanoid mobs...

The mobs strikethrough seems to have been raised as well... is this going to cause problems with lower level players playing there? (Mobs can hit everyone now).
    Xeladom, Yinla and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yeah, it'd be nice if everything in TBL worked for evolving items. And, maybe GMM? That'd be cool, too. It wouldn't be so annoying trying to evolve in TBL if we didn't have to cherry pick what mobs to kill.
    Xeladom, Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Doh :( That's too bad. I really wish they didn't do this. I'm sure a lot of people are either still trying to acquire all 4 items and/or are working on old content to even be able to evolve these. What are we to do it's their world (the Devs). We just pay rent to be here.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Pirlo like this.
  4. Raynrace Augur

So are you going to take away everyones evolving items that did it the unintended way? YOU BETTER! You have made this 10 times harder for anyone who wasn't done or has a hard time getting groups. Lets not even begin to discuss what is fair for all players.

Do you even consider the reaction from the player base? Does it even cross your mind? Or do you just not care at all and wonder why people get mad and leave?

Wasn't it challenging enough to have all collections, all traveler, all hunter for 4 expansions and all challenger for 3? Then we have to camp named that are very hard to kill to get type 18 augs that never drop, then we have to go kill mobs in raid zones to get type 19 augs with stupid raid lockouts. The time sink was already WAY too high.

This... this type of stupidity without a simple thought process on consequences is why you make so many people mad.
  5. Sancus Augur

Not really sure why they didn't make a version of Fragments of Legendary Alaran History for these items that only dropped in TBL (or came from TBL tasks or w/e). That would get around some TBL mobs not giving XP and incentivize XPing in TBL.
    Warpeace, Nniki, Allayna and 6 others like this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It really is my least favorite design decision they've made in recent memory. It's pure timesink, that's all it is. There's nothing fun or engaging about the gameplay; it's just monotony piled on top of monotony.
  7. Dewey Augur

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Do it before it's nerfed. Every expansion they make the really cool stuff really easy. If you do it early then you'll have it, if not then you'll get it next expansion after it's not so cool (or you will work hard to get it)

It does no good to complain. If you don't believe me go back and look at caktus threads and know that it will remain harder than tbl missions.
  8. Axxius Augur

Not always. Tear of Alaris before the nerf? :eek:
    Jhenna_BB and Pirlo like this.
  9. Cadira Augur

I'm totally down with all mobs in TBL counting. Not sure why they would not honestly. It just funnels all the people wanting to grind into one or two good camps and the rest of tbl becomes useless so you don't see much variety in your grinding (unless you want to sacrifice tons of evo xp)

What I'm not ok with is people feeling entitled to some easy mode to getting the BiS (Which, other than the last iteration of each piece, is also acquirable by casual players). Everyone knew it was never intended to be leveled easily outside tbl.

The level of commitment required to acquire and level up these items was set forth, deal with it. Either you do what is required or you don't. Hell, they even conceded and made the gloves way easier than they originally intended.

If you can't get a group together to do like minded accomplishments, maybe you are surrounded by the wrong people. We have groups going for grinding all the time, they exist. If you don't want to put in the time to do FF a million times and do the related achievements to level them, don't. You don't deserve the BiS piece.

They're not taking people's items who did TT, you'll have to accept it. Move forward and put in the work OR DON'T and you'll still survive in most situations :)
  10. Hickers Elder

Evolving items - A Timeline:

1: Dev decides some arbitrary rules about how the evolution will work.

2: Intelligent player base discovers an efficient method to evolve the items within said rule set.

3: Dev tries to intimate that such a method is exploitative.

4: Player base proves Dev wrong.

5: Stealth nerf comes in a couple of patches later.

Sad. Petty. Pathetic. This has really infuriated me. The lack of regard for the players is truly staggering on occasion.

We aren’t all Orbital101, getting all 4 chase items and levelling them to max in the first week. Personally, my play time is most days, but not usually at busy times, and not for long stretches, so getting a group is rare. I can just about molo in TBL, but it’s terribly slow and inefficient. Yes it was boring and repetitive, but TT at least gave me (and others like me) some way to make progress under my own steam. I was investing my time, which is all anyone does with this game. We invest our damn time, but then get told we are investing it wrongly, you must do it this way!
    Mintalie and Claan like this.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

Your holier than thou stance might work except the person who created the items said he intended for them to also be evolved in old world content. He just reneged on this now because he wasn't happy with people realizing they could solo or duo it much easier at their leisure, not faster, in TT. The fastest way is and always has been a full group grinding in TBL its just TT was very good when that wasn't available.

Its a piss poor change considering how long he let it go on and since he said it was intended multiple times in multiple threads that old world stuff worked.
  12. Cadira Augur

Idk man, I've been in groups with Sk's that pull an entire ETW of mobs that level chase in TBL, with two necros in the group, monk, and zerker all doing ae damage. Monk/SK claim TT is (was) still slightly better xp than the group we were in.
  13. Raynrace Augur

Really Cadira? You have 3 of the 4 done so maybe it doesn't get on your nerves...

My statement has nothing to do with entitlement or not having the willingness to get a best in slot item.

It is a simple statement of what is fair to all players.

Commitment required to take advantage of something is encouraging to you or fair? So you think its ok for those who had the time to get easy mode but those that had other things to get done and hadn't leveled them or looted them because RNG sucks are unwilling to work for something or just **** out of luck?

Casual players is who I was speaking up for on groups, now this is much harder for them. TBL isn't easy even in the group game.

Daybreak screwed up on this, its been this way for 4 months, NOW because the players weren't doing it the way they wanted it done they are going to screw over anyone that wasn't finished but everyone who did it fastest gets a bone. NOTHING fair about that.

The whole point of saying take them away is a simple way to relate the unfairness of the decision. Believe it not, getting groups isn't easy for everyone.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its garbage for a very specific reason:

Ngreth flat out SAID that it was ok for people to level them in old expansions (January 15th, 2019):

So this has been asked a few times "secretly."

Killing mobs in zones outside of The Burning Lands is NOT an exploit. You are welcome to go to older/easier zones. The experience per kill will be smaller, but kill speed will be faster and make up for it.

We're cool with you going to Veil of Alaris to kill appropriate mobs.

I missed the part where he added:

But do it while you can, its only going to be "cool" until we can get code to find a way around race limits to add expansion limits.

So you tell us, yeah, its ok. But then 2 months later make it so you can't without a word? Nerfing the hdex thing is just common sense, even if it should be irrelevant to anyone capable of getting to that point of gear.

So, basically, anyone that sat there and did this for weeks on end over and over managed a nice stress free (if time consuming) way to get these things evolved to where they aren't useless, but everyone else now has to grind for months on TBL mobs that now even more people are fighting over? Where half the mobs don't even evolve it anyway?

As someone else said, pretty much confirms to "exploit" something to the max because otherwise you miss out.
  15. Cadira Augur

I have 3 of the 4 done because I have worked for them (probably more than is healthy!) Solely xp'ed in TBL zones.

Like I said, if you can't get groups you are surrounded by the wrong people or not enough people. That's no one's fault but your own.

What do you believe they need to do to make it fair anyways? They aren't going to go back on this, I assure you. So instead of ranting about no longer being able to do TT etc why not try to adapt and find a way to get your BiS items? I found a way...and it's pretty early in the year. You have all year to get this done, if you really want it.
  16. svann Augur

Not sure why they even did it that way in the first place. Why design it for certain mob types? It makes no sense. Just make it certain zones. SO much simpler.
    Yinla and Pirlo like this.
  17. Tallie Elder

It was really helpful for me to be able to take my ranger and evolve my items in TT. Most of the time I didn't even run the mission but just killed in the open zone. It wasn't fast, but I could do it myself.

Yes there are lots of groups mobs in TBL but how many of them want a second healer if they already have one?

It will be what it will be, but I can't see any reason to do this after 4 months, and after saying that it was an acceptable way to level them. I'll be lucky now if they are leveled before the next expansion.
  18. svann Augur

Or there were fewer groups to find because everyone was soloing it?
    yepmetoo likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yep. Guess what I'll be doing (I found TT boring, did it like 5-6 missions at most before going back to something else, and since the fix to split exp not done much due to time, so I'm behind on them)? I'll be "soloing" with 3-4 boxes characters adding damage on the side and healing, so that my main gets it all.

Why would I group with anyone unless I can put together a super high dps group?
  20. Cadira Augur

Doubt it, but I can't speak for each guild. I'd say we averaged like 2 people doing it at a time when grind groups are going. And they were usually dps classes, which are a plenty. Tanks in our guild openly admitted they get more xp from TT but would MUCH rather do a grind group with real people any day.
    Allayna likes this.