Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssdar Augur

[IMG]
  2. Tolzol Augur

Sometimes less is more when it comes to an event where paying attention matters. If they don’t like being benched they will pay attention. If that’s not something your willing to do then you will have to wait until April for the nerf to happen unfortunately. Ultimately people that choose not to pay attention during raids or not do their best to maximize their class shouldn’t even raid imo since your wasting 40-53 other people’s time. But that’s just me.
  3. Horyuken Augur

Sounds like 100% of the raid events in Everquest!
    Drpeppa likes this.
  4. p2aa Augur

Taking bets on how long this thread is going to last, before it ends with a RoI VS MS fight, and thread gets locked haha.
    Barton likes this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

Hmm I must have missed guilds beating this with 44 people.

Or the drama that comes along with you don't make the cut for this raid so take a seat please. A few people and yeah thats how it goes but when you have to sit 1 or 2 groups of people whose 75% was good enough for everything else and that might make it up to the guild in other ways and its a double edged sword.

Its not healthy in the current state of the game that only one guild, who doesn't face these issues because their niche is be top tier at your class or you're out, beat it twice in over a month but only when they had 51 or more. You can have differing opinions but doesn't make mine wrong.

Any guild that cared enough about the race has had at least 30 days crack at it. You didn't beat it. They won't stop trying even if it comes down to breaking a roster instead of beating the raid. I would rather have a guild in a year than risk a slow death chasing 1st loser on this pre-nerf.
    Xeladom, Jondalar and Mintalie like this.
  6. Tolzol Augur

I’m not advocating that they don’t nerf it. I’m saying if you want to beat it in its current state you will have to do these things otherwise your waiting for the nerf. Plus it’s one thing if you just don’t play at the top of your class it’s another if you just flat out don’t pay attention which you stated 5-10 people do in most guilds which is beyond ridiculous if true.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Rowanoak Elder

I would encourage anyone interested in winning this with less than a full raid to look at ways to maximize each facet of this raid, Look at each mechanic and how you can make it faster and more efficient. There are easy phases that are gotten through quickly that can be gotten through quicker.
    How can you move the slow phases faster. Whose burns are being wasted. What banes are being wasted and how can we fix it. Is it optimal to have this class on this job, who can help this go faster.
    Who CAN bane, that's NOT baning?
    Something is wrong if this event is still not down after many attempts, look at your parses.
    Number one reason you will fail on this :
    You have acquiesced to failure before you've even begun
  8. ShadowMan Augur

I said here and in other threads the problem isn't just git gud. Its that most guilds carry at least 5 to 10 people who don't always play at a high enough level that this raid demands. The margin of error is just to much. Be it from health, age, meds or whatever. These people may or may not have showed up for years with solid RA, help the guild in numerous other ways or be tied to friends and family who are rock stars. Their 75% was fine for everything up to this point. Sitting, removing, kicking that many can slowly kill a guild. As can just smashing into a raid that 40 members of you guild are capable of beating without options to just field 10+ more equal players to get over the hump. People start going on "vacations", people suddenly have to many RL commitments come up, rock stars start seeking greener pastures.

Guilds had over 30 days. One beat it.
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Nudia Augur

I don't care if they nerf it or leave it or whatever. I think it's fun. I hope it's still fun after they tone it down a bit.
  10. Rowanoak Elder

If it is too detrimental to your guild to not beat a single raid in the game, maybe just leave that one off he list for a while then, gear up and try again later, or after GMM gear additions, Its not like you will be missing any slots with the advent of Muhbis, will just take a little longer to gear.
  11. Tolzol Augur

Ok well my suggestion for that is to ask those people to take any spare time they have to learn the ins and outs of their classes a little better. There’s info all over for just about any class from the respective “top tier” of classes. Read over said info and then take a little time to put it into action in game outside of raids. Or even contact the people directly in game if they don’t want to search online for the info. I know I’m always willing to help I’m sure others are also
  12. Littlelegs Elder

I'm also available often to direct people to the top tier of the class.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention something that I haven't seen in any of the current or deleted threads, sometimes the lack of challenge can drive players away as well.

During our push our leadership said "think of 1 or 2 things you might have done or could've timed better and improve". I was certainly guilty of it and drove me to click things I hadn't in ages, or time things better rather than 'meh we'll get it regardless mentality'. But it IS only 1 event. Don't place your family life or guilds 'life' or friendships on the line. Come on people.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

I agree. It can stay pretty close to what it currently is without one mistake wiping out an entire run.

If this was guilds 8 through 50 lobbying for position or finding their place maybe. But its every guild except one. The other top guilds are gonna smash into this raid 2, 3 or 5 nights a week until either they break or its won.
  14. 31neelas New Member

What guild are you in?
  15. Littlelegs Elder

I mean, guilds 9-50 have no idea what we're talking about. There are elements in all guilds who want competition and challenge I assume. I continue to support players and guilds that push and want to knock this one out.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Even nerfed, this raid will (presumably) still have a lot of complicated mechanics and challenges that guilds 9-50 will get to see in due time.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

one that has seen 25% and below lots. and have to come to realize that unless we kick, cut or bench 10 which is only going to lead to further problems will not win the raid with its current margin for error.
  18. Littlelegs Elder

Well that's the rub. If you're failing to curing at the wrong times or not running where you're supposed to. The initial proposed nerf won't help you. It was about reduced spawn times on mephits, walker dudes (I forget the name w/e), and hp regen of the boss. I'll admit I haven't read the proposed nerf from last month in a while so I may be inaccurate.

Bottom line is you STILL have to pay attention to all that junk. Most posts in these threads are talking to bad cures, not running to hallways, etc. But the previously proposed nerf doesn't help you in any of that.

IF you aren't up to snuff on your banes and following emotes (aka mephits wiping you), well then you may want to focus on that. Or wait.
  19. 31neelas New Member

Sending thoughts and prayers to your wife/kids to help you overcome your addiction to EQ. Are guilds 2-8 really wiping to this every night???
  20. Stom New Member

i wish we had this problem still on T1 RoS raid : (
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.