Mangler: Best legit plat-farming class?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Snapdragyn, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Snapdragyn New Member

Which class (& strategy) would be best for building up some decent plat for a casual player?

Necro (good INT for tradeskills, good soloer for farming)
    Mage (same, same)
    Enchanter (same, decent?, & add in JC)
    Wiz (same, not as much, but ports eventually)

Also, should I focus on:

- tradeskilling (& if so, which? smithing for banded mail, tailoring for reinfonced & eventually Wu's, JC?)
    - farming (which, meh - boring, & gotta fight for camps)
    - ports (but takes awhile to get many unlocked)
  2. Grailer Augur

Play whatever class you enjoy :

To farm plat -
    Work in real life & buy kronos / trade for plat

That is the most efficient way of obtaining plat.

For example I could play game for 12hrs farming plat or Work 1 hr and buy Kronos to sell for 12hrs worth of farmed plat
    code-zero and snailish like this.
  3. snailish Augur

The most efficient strategy is krono.

As a casual player (ah that definition) you will be beat to tradeskilling by the hardcore, beaten in leveling and unable to get the best loot camps (i.e., giants) and entering the port market later than the boxers that like to own that aspect of the early game.

If you are casual in that your playtime is limited, you should focus on what is fun for you in the game (hey, maybe it is tradeskilling).

If you are casual in that you play a lot but don't care about high end content (i.e., raiding) then enchanter is the most versatile in tradeskilling (you get buffs tradeskilling necros would cry for) and can DPS race farm targets. Necro rule in certain situations, enchanters rule all they can see (if you can manage charm).

I have played necro the last few progression servers after having enchanter mains for 10+ years on live. I like feign death what can I say?, enchanter is probably the better choice for most in the current state of the early game. If you don't like charming, and want to get in groups... mage.
  4. DeseanJackson Augur

Is plat farming even efficient to start with? I’ve always had better luck going to exp zones with loot potential, but maybe there are areas I don’t know about.
  5. a_librarian Augur

Basically any good raw plat farming spot is incredibly infested with botters and aggressive . I don't know how anybody tolerates it
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Mage or Druid.

Mage if you want to farm a specific area/camp, druid if you want to sell Powerleveling services.

Or just go flip stuff in the commons tunnel if you have a mind for that sort of thing its hard to beat but not my particular cup of tea.
  7. Brunlin Augur

Any class that you want, just make sure you join a guild and make new friends, to make sure you stay in a full group. When you are at level 50 playing in a full group you will make tons of plat especially from rare drops that you win