Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahdah Augur

That might be her problem then...
    Orbital101 likes this.
  2. Mintalie Augur

I didn't say force. When you're a member of a guild, you (I hope) try to show up for every official event, so that's what I do.

And I love raiding. I don't love banging my head against a wall. Big difference.

And, to be crystal clear, this is in no way a criticism of RoV in any way, shape, or form. I 100% understand why we are doing Mearatas. To remain a top-end guild, it's an absolute necessity to do everything possible to finish all available content.

My criticism is that this raid hasn't been nerfed yet. I am unable to understand why there was such an outcry not to nerf it, which has now extended past the point of a lot of people's tolerance for repeatedly dying on highly overtuned content.

If you don't understand my point, it's fine, but there's absolutely no reason to make this personal.
    Toriann likes this.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I don't like the term "wall", It's more like a briar patch on fire blocking your entry to your most favorite bar ever, also you're a 54 person human centipede and the streets are flooded with 4' of sewage backflow. But just think of how good the scotch will taste once you get inside <3
    IblisTheMage, Pano, Brohg and 7 others like this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Thanks for the laugh. :p

I think the people who want this raid nerfed have been sorely underrepresented on the forums. So here I am!
  5. Hissteria Lorekeeper

If this is too hard for you, perhaps you should try something easier...like playing the bass. :D
  6. Qwestwic Augur

If you kill the boss before he kills you, the mephits throw the after party.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Dovhesi Elder

3 entire months? You'll never beat this event with that kind of "we can't do it" attitude. You can do it, but you have to want to do it and have faith in yourself and your guild that you can do it.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Nothing wrong with that stance imo, I know a few of our members would like to see it nerfed as well. When the burnout started to get apparent we limited Mearatas to 2-3 nights a week and not really more than 2-3 runs outside of Sunday depending on time. Grant you, I personally, perhaps selfishly, would like to beat the encounter pre-nerf, because overcoming difficult raids is why I play EQ after all, and most of the people I talk to are of a similar ilk (Wouldn't be unfair to say that might just be the company I keep though). I think the Dev response is the correct one, there's no going back once the event has been marred, and there'd be a good portion of end game raiders who'd carry that regret with them going forward if they weren't given ample opportunity to at least try. The onus at this point is on the respective Guild's leadership crews to find the balance for their members that both pushes forward their progress and standing among the EQ community, and doesn't alienate the subset of their membergroup that isn't as enraptured by the prospect of what will undoubtedly be one of the most venerated raid wins in EQ's history. It's a game after all, and not everyone takes it as seriously as others
  9. Jalelorf Augur

Kim if you had this attitude you would still be with CT instead of skipping back out in the middle of the night.

This is a game and its supposed to be fun. Its not fun raiding 5 nights a week for 2 to 3 hours each. It takes 1 fool to wipe the raid with either not running their down a hallway or casting a cure at the wrong time. This crap gets old.
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. Mintalie Augur

I'd walk around like a peacock for weeks if we were to win it pre-nerf. I get it. :)
    Jondalar likes this.
  11. Dovhesi Elder

Didn't realize you were so bitter about that Jale. Real talk though, leaving CT had nothing to do with CT's raiding performance or my attitude thereof. You shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions on something you don't really know anything about.

"Crimson Tempest is a good guild." -Q
  12. Cicelee Augur

The reason why guilds are raiding that event multiple nights per week for multiple nights is two fold:

First, they believe their overall progression ranking is important and matters. They believe that if they finish second instead of fifth, that they will attract higher quality talent in the future. So leadership pushes the guild to try and win for the belief of better talent down the road.

Second, right now there is an exclusive list of guilds that have defeated the event pre eventual nerf. Guilds want to join that exclusive list for bragging rights for any future conversations that might refer to it. Right now only one guild can "brag" about being on the list (I wonder if they would prefer it to be nerfed sooner than later in order to keep that exclusitivity), others want to join it.

I know for me, I can no longer raid five nights a week. I love the challenge, and I would love to experience it several times before the eventual changes. But for me at least, family comes before a desire to get burned out after 50 plus attempts over the course of raiding 2/3 of a month. Some also feel that way, some do not. To each their own. But it was questioned why someone would want this nerfed who isn't on the exclusive win list, and answers have been given...
  13. feeltheburn Augur

LEAVE IT ALONE. No one wants to beat and NERFED event and say they beat the expansion. Want it nerfed dont play. Its the final fight in the end game, it should be hard. RoI beat it. .... so its not "unbeatable", might not beat it as fast as them but not unbeatable. Now if that doesnt suit your I want it now mentality, it is what it is.
    Ambition likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

15. Cicelee Augur

The expansion is defeated when the final event is won. Regardless of how many changes, if any, are applied to the final event. Do those who defeat it before changes get anything for their character that would make a beneficial impact in their character, or how they play the game, or how they live in the real world?

Answer is no. It is just some made up, player created "bragging rights". Whether you beat it in January or September is irrelevant at the end of the day- you get a checkmark on your character achievements screen, and you get some vendor loot opened up.

BTW I would prefer the event not be changed. I love difficult challenges, and would love to experience and eventually defeat it. But if it gets changed before I have that opportunity, my life will go on- both my characters and my real one.
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. Drpeppa Journeyman

new race for the 2nd best on all servers on down gonna be funny seeing who does or does not beat it now.
  17. Tolzol Augur

That’s a negative. I get that it is definitely going to get nerfed but i promise you we don’t want it nerfed just to keep that exclusitivity. I’d actually like to see another guild beat it pre nerf. But at the same time if it’s burning your guild out i would suggest not raiding 5 days a week just beating your head against the wall. Losing people is not worth being 2nd over 5th to beat it that’s just that many more people you have to replace.

There is no secret strat to beat the event it’s literally everyone has to pay attention and maximize their class the best they can whether that’s dps/doing banes/curing at the right time/picking up adds/and keeping everyone alive. If you have people that can’t completely focus and put a lil more effort than usual for 15-20 minutes to do the event you will never beat it with those people.
  18. Drpeppa Journeyman

Prolly be the first guilds to raid tonight .. if they cleared T1/2 already to down T3. haha
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Correct and most guilds have 5 to 10 of those folks. And not many options to address it.
  20. Rowanoak Elder

The complaints are getting a little ridiculous.
    This is an event that doesn't even require a full raid to win.
    While I do think that the events mechanics were challenging all together,
    It doesn't require anything special to beat.
    Follow the mechanics, assign your banes, and burn like youre going to win.
    That's it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.