New Chat Tabs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warzon, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Renshu Augur

I couldn't figure out how to remove the texture from the chat window on test. I really like for my chat windows to be a SOLID color. I'd be all for them if I could remove that texture.
  2. Lion of God Elder

The new chat tabs are awesome, they're pretty standard in newer games. Seeing guildies struggle to understand and utilize them is quite humorous to me. Feels like I'm playing with dinosaurs.

It reminds me of the same kind of double u tee eff feeling I had, upon learning that many people in this game still use team speak. Bunch of old timers failing to update themselves with the modern era.
  3. EnchFWO Augur

1. UI mods are not "software"
    2. IF a UI mod doesn't work all it does is load the default UI piece corresponding to said mod
    3. I don't think you know how custom UI pieces work based on your posts
  4. Zaknaffein Augur

I like the new chat tabs feature.

With most of my screen taken up by chat windows, hotkeys and all of the other clutter on my UI, this allows me to free up quite a bit of space so I can actually see more of the game itself instead of just boxes and clutter.

I can customize and organize the tabs as well which is handy for if I want a chat window that shows just my damage taken, I can do that without having to make a new window that takes up space just for that.

This can be done for multiple filters too so you can pick and choose which tab can have a specific filter you like to see w/out cluttering up your View able space.

Next up, continued consolidation of AA so I don't need 11 hotkey bars open just for clickies and AA/Hotkeys. Please and thank you... and of course a bandolier for Power sources and Belts, and then a feature that can passively turn on/off tribute when you are in/out of combat. And Fix the games /autofollow feature to actually work!

Chop Cop!
    Dythan likes this.
  5. a_librarian Augur

Right click the top part of the chat window, then it's under Window > Background > Texture

That will toggle the texture on or off on that particular chat window. Also you can change the solid color of the window with Tint Color
  6. pimenttoncheese Elder

There were implemented poorly and actively remove chat space from setups people have been using for years, they go against the very UX idea of tabs being a space saving streamlined form factor and the default settings actively hide information from players that are used to utilizing it. Can they be good, yes, are they the way they are currently implemented? no.
    Thalliius and Meteon like this.
  7. Nudia Augur

This going in without the option not to use it is a giant yikes. Hard pass.
    Thalliius likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, what are you, 12?

Game's been around for 20 years, some of us were double THAT when we started. So, you're surprised you're dealing with dinosaurs? Use some simple logic.

Regarding the other issue, you're an example of the opposite mindset, the youngin' who thinks everything new is better. And it might be, but for minor little improvements, is it that big a deal? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So, what does TeamSpeak >not< do that's so important? (seriously asking, I don't use TS and have no idea what you're on about. But, I think it let's people talk and chat out of game, right? And that's pretty much the #1 thing such a program needs to do).
    Thalliius likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Why not? This is literally the first time I ever heard it said that anyone actually could not use custom ui parts.
  11. svann Augur

What do you mean when you say you pass? Id just like you to think about what you say.
  12. MiataDriver Augur

Was it really necessary to break custom UI chat windows in order to make you tabbed ones work? The tab plus title takes up way too much space. Please let us at least opt out of having the tabs.
  13. Cordoba New Member

This has got to be one of the worst looking UI's Ive seen , It makes everything look like you have Double Vision , new windows pop up everywhere , It has to be the most HORRIBLE thing you guys have done so far , I wish you guys would take this into consideration . If it isn't broke don't fix it .. Now its broke , looks horrible and makes me hate looking at the EQ screen . 20year Veteran of EQ - this is the biggest NO GO , ive seen. UI is HORRIBLE ! Not Impressed .. Change it Back Please ..
    tuda likes this.
  14. MiataDriver Augur

Sadly, no. My custom UI chat windows with minimal extra space completely stopped working. I could not type anything in game. Had spurious chat windows that did not exist before. I had to remove my custom chat window to force it to load the new tabbed ones that take up too much space. Anything I don't want to see I already had going to a minimized chat window. Any chat windows I had open are because I actually use them and like to have things organized so it is easy to find specific chats without changing tabs.
  15. badname1 New Member

this is the most annoying change ive had in a while the tabs are extremely annoying and distracting there absolutely needs to be a way to opt out of the tabbed windows this makes me not even want to play it is making me that mad it is extremely irritating worst design they could have gone with PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY before you lose to many people its ridiculous that you come back and your SAVED ui is changed any changes like that should have to be opted in to
  16. EnchFWO Augur

You have to remove any previously installed custom chat window and THEN replace it with one of the new ones on EQInterface. I wasn't implying already having an old custom window would work.
  17. Ssdar Augur

18. Khat_Nip Meow

Top pic is how my chat windows were set up prior to patch.
    Bottom pic is post-patch with modifications. Still trying to determine how to rid of that graphic border as that's the last thing to go.
    [IMG]
    (I can appreciate that many people wanted tabbed chats but I have no use for them)

Edit to add: All back to normal as if it were pre-patch. yay
  19. Windance Augur

Thank you Ssdar. Its nice to have a fall back option.
  20. Danaleigh Elder

Take a few minutes and think about this..... most of us will be able to get rid of multi-chat windows by using the tabs. There is an option to have the tabs blink when a new message comes in. You can have all your raid channels in one box and just hit the tab when a message come thru. I have just started messing with this but I can already see that I'm going to have a lot more viewing space as I consolidate things.... Maybe I'm wrong .... but STOP and take a look at the feature before you decide you hate it. Oh and BTW I'm one of those dinosaurs !!!!
    Icaen likes this.