Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowMan Augur

For my guilds health, my wife and childrens sake please tell me this was nerfed down and just missed the patch notes!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. feeltheburn Augur

suffer as the rest of us do my friend....the mephits must die.
  3. Mintalie Augur

Yeah, enough is enough already, FFS. Could we get it eventually in its current form? Yep! But is it worth another month (or more, heaven forbid) of repeated wipes? Decidedly NO.
  4. Lianeb Augur

A board PM:

Prathun
    Do you know or can you tell me if the planned changes for mearatas raid that went to test last month are going live this month or is it going to be left alone again. I am hoping for the later we want to beat it pre-need and are so close
    Lianeb

Thursday at 12:03 PM ReportReply
    Prathun
    Developer

No changes are coming for the Mearatas raid for the March update. It'll be April at the earliest.
  5. svann Augur

You have 7 TBL raids you can do and after saturday 3 more GMM raids.
  6. Seldom Augur

Many folks in the community requested that Mearatas remained un-nerfed for a bit. This raid will definitely be nerfed soon enough but what exactly is the purpose of requesting to nerf it “now”? Let the folks that enjoy the challenge continue to try to take it out in its current form. The final encounter of the most current expansion doesn’t need to be a freebie
  7. Cicelee Augur

I would guess that not many players with families want to raid three hours a night for five nights a week trying to be the second guild to finish the expansion. They have probably been doing this for weeks on end, and their spouses and children are probably getting a bit angry with them. They would rather just get it made easier so they can finish it and go back to a routine of Sunday/Monday raids which is more advantageous for family life...
  8. the Reaver Journeyman

9. Lagerale Journeyman

I never understood this argument. "I have a family so make the game work for me", why? If you are playing and your family is mad, then stop playing. "Oh but I want the best of everything in a fantasy world too", deal with it life is hard. I don't want a game maker to make the game designed around the fact some people can't balance life and gaming because isn't that the same as saying some people are single with no kids so stuff should be catered to them? Clearly if you want this nerfed you for sure wouldn't want things catered to the single no kids crowd right?

Understand I am coming from the point of having started EQ with toddlers when it lanuched and now they are grown and moved out so I have seen it all from family life to no kids and I have raided and I have casually played so I am not some single no kids hardcore raider just trying to get my way. I just think wishing a game maker would make things easier simply because some can't manage game/life commitments and time is wrong.
  10. Windance Augur

I suspect that "many" of the "many" folks were mains/alts from the guild that beat it.
  11. gotwar Gotcharms

The key is to go HAM for five days, beat it, then go back to your regularly scheduled filthy casual raids one day a week.

April seems appropriate. I know there's a fair number of people who still want the honor of beating this before it gets nerfed. I wouldn't want to take that away from them.

If you're in the group of people who just want the nightmare to be over, play your absolute best and inspire others around you to do the same.

Like Ketruh pointed out above, you can do it.
    Slippry and the Reaver like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Here we go again... how long til this thread is locked? LOL
    Thrillho, Zurril and Sancus like this.
  13. Endaar Augur

I don't see any reason to nerf it at this point. It's the final raid in TBL, it's not blocking any sort of progression, there's no indication that the loot is any different, etc. Other than GMM we won't have any new content for a long time. Leave it as is.
  14. Jondalar Augur

I suspect you abduct NEW PLAYERS and sacrifice them to zuul. I won't provide any basis for that. But we know it's true.
  15. Mintalie Augur

I think it was a mistake not to nerf Mearatas last patch and an even bigger one that it wasn't nerfed in this patch. Maybe I'm alone? (I know I'm not alone.) Extra raid nights for now three entire months gets to be exceptionally draining and very difficult for our much-older player base when trying to balance work, family, and play time. There are several guilds who have been at it for over a month, and now 7 guilds who are in the position to beat it. That's a lot of people's lives being impacted.

It's pointless to argue this here since they've made the patch and we're left in the lurch, but, well, sometimes the devs actually listen to the outcries on the forums, so hope springs eternal.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Riou like this.
  16. Plowwed New Member

It is one raid out of the entire expansion. Don't think it's too big of deal to leave it for the people who actually do want to beat it. If its "draining" log off the game. Plus you have GMM coming anyways.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Fintank Augur

Are some guilds actually still raiding *extra* days just for Mearatas still? Seems pretty pointless and possibly detrimental burning out on the same raid on off nights.
  18. Bahdah Augur

Whos forcing you to raid the "extra" nights?
  19. Benzarden Augur

The people in her guild that actually enjoy raiding, probably.
    Brohg, Arwyn-RoV, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  20. Bahdah Augur

Its one event....
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.