Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Rubiota Journeyman

Played through the new tutorial last night. Did every quest and it's been a long while since i've done the tutorial but I didn't notice any significant changes / new bugs. However the olds tandard bug with the one quest, i forget what it's called but it has you talk to everyone in the entry room, it still shows up with pieces of that quest as ghost requirements for whatever active quest you have on another character. Other than that, seems to be working well. The quest itself is fine but when you change back to another character sometimes even on another account, it has remnants of that tutorial quest showing up as part of whatever quest you have active in your window until you complete it or drop it and get a new one. Doesn't have anything to do with completion of tutorial quests but it's still quite annoying.
  2. Karm New Member

Bard items were modded in classic. Without the bard instrument mods the items clicky are not useful which makes nearly all the class based gear worthless compared to other classes.

Maybe when they changed it so that the new focus items "increased duration" etc were not to affect, they just swept these in with that but as I said this makes them all inferior.
  3. Ssdar Augur

4. Jondalar Augur

5. Nniki Augur

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-159
  6. Angahran Augur

For the new tabbed chat windows,
    It would be great if, when there is only a single tab in the window it wouldn't show the tab header.
    Yinla and sauron3030 like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you have chat windows with multiple tabs it would be nice to have the text entry area not be tied to the current tab you are on. This would be very handy for users who with the current setup like to set which window they want to type in so that they always know where it is on their screen. Currently if you have "Always Chat Here" set in a window with multiple tabs if you are not viewing that tab you will not be able to see what you are typing.
  8. xxGriff Augur

Would like to have the option of tint vs texture in the actual chat box.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

But they still tend to release buggy content with every expansion and content release. I'm just saying it's more likely to be a buggy mess without more testing but I guess that's just the way it is.
  10. Symphony New Member

Would it be possible to get some of the old mounts that have been removed from the marketplace during the anniversary? I would love to grab a "mechanical skystrider saddle". Was always gonna get one but then the saddle was removed and I haven't seen it since.
  11. Duder Augur

Alright well im on a roll, anyhow, its Draconic Formula, Draconic Poison has nothing to with it. (regardling my earlier posts) Gelid Claw VIII is what is blocked
  12. Balfor New Member

Howdy All,
    Help me out here, just what is the point of tabbed chat windows? I've read a few of the other posters comments and have yet to see a positive reasoning. Other then it looks "cool" the whole point of a chat window is to SEE the chat, if there is any chat I don't want to see I can turn it off in options or move it to a minimized window. All the tab really does is reduce usable/viewable chat space... or am I missing something.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fact that you can more easily separate chat into different windows and be able to view it as needed without having to take up a lot of screen space with a separate window for each chat box.
    Beimeith likes this.
  14. Balfor New Member

Howdy All
    We shall see, and I had considered that aspect. I just like having all chat viewable vs hidden, /ponders how long till someone misses an emote or .. and the excuse will be "I had wrong tab open"
  15. Leigo You come here often?

[IMG]
    Is Main chat supposed to be the only option to move other windows to?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How would this be any different than missing it because they missed it in the window it is currently filtered to?
  17. Hludwolf Developer

It isn't. You need to rename the other windows. If you dont give them a name, it will show up as a long blank for now.
  18. xxGriff Augur

Lag is Horrendous! its really bad, chat, NPC's, vendors, across the board bad. also had issues in What Happens in Nerriak... @ Kill Jehana N`Mar and her thugs 0/3 (Neriak Third Gate)
    spawning way more than 3, got 8+ Jehana N'Marr filling up my extended target window, on two separate attempts, we were able to finish and received the diplomatic papers but this part of the mission is not functioning correctly.

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

Weird seeing EQ crashing every 10-15 minutes now with no pattern to replicate. I am fortunate not to get the windows reporting error like some others get now but something's up. On Live I have zero issues.
    Also are tabbed windows going to be a permanent thing or will player have an option to disable it in the future? For us player who don't EQ on 55" and up wide screen TV's screen UI real estate is kind of a dealbreaker when you lose 10% of your chat box to a tab you can't resize or disable.
    The instances are holding up well enough I have to admit!
  20. Drakah UI Designer

It is nice with chat tabs for "tells" from other players & animating when you received one.

I made an audio trigger for "tells you" to enhance this, however it also plays when I am at a Banker or when I am purchasing items from NPC's.

Can you change the NPC text to "told you" to separate Player from NPC? Otherwise an audio trigger would be just horrid.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.