Monk DPS Questions In Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boxxie, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Boxxie New Member

Couple things I wanted to figure out. I was looking up monk fist damage and I think it was 23/38 at 50, wanted to make sure that was right first.

Second, how is their dps WITHOUT being a raid main and such compared to mages/necros/etc in group situations. NOT worrying about how they compare to charm or anything, just the base classes.

Figuring out my setup for launch, thought I had what I wanted, but now I am trying to talk myself into monks I think :p

*EDIT*

Also one more thing. How much do buffs from shams/bards affect the monks dps. IE, would 4 monks do more damage than 3 monks+sham or like 2 monks+sham+bard?
  2. Uesce Journeyman

Serious question? Have you ever even played a melee character? Do you not understand how important haste and buffs are for DPS? Let alone things like over haste from bards?
  3. Valanie Lorekeeper

overhaste will not be an issue on mangler for 3 expansions. Monk dps is great in classic, but you definitely want haste and atk buffs. Once you get your epic in kunark, monk dps is the best in groups. Its non-stop for every pull, where as casters (minus necros) have agro issues and need to pace themselves.
    Monks with epic and avatar and vog can't be beat in kunark.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Monks are great in classic because they need the least gear all around. The other melee are going to need some competitive weapons.

Also there is no over haste for a while. So get an fbss or cof and your good.

Adding the bard instead of the monk probably isn't going to help your dps, especially in classic to velious bUT it will give you immense utility for little effort.
  5. Valanie Lorekeeper

Also, 23/38 is human lvl 50 ratio. At 60 with epic, its 23/26.
  6. Doze Augur

At lvl50 bare hands is 'only' 21/38 (you need lvl60 for 23/38), monk Epic will reduce bare hand delay to 26 and Iksar have +1 to bare hand delay.
  7. sumnayin2 Augur

Lots of ignorant people will try to convince you otherwise, but your fists are pretty lackluster until your epic. A 4/28 wooden club is better than your fists until 105 H2H skill, always consult the monk fist tlp chart when debating a weapon you have versus your fist ratio.

edit: and keep in mind your fists can't use augments.
  8. Valanie Lorekeeper

9. Boxxie New Member

I am still hoping to find someone that has played mage/necro and monk @ 50 with normal drop gear and then possibly in the kunark era as well. Wondering how much real difference dps is while grouping and junk.
  10. Weebles Augur

Irony at its finest, lol. Fists become better ratio than the 4/28 club at skill level 45 (not 105) when they become 6/38.

They are the best ratio you can get in classic outside of Wu's fist.

Even in Kunark, level 60 fists (0.61 dmg/delay) are better than jade mace & knuckle dusters and equivalent to Stave of Shielding. Hardly what I would call lackluster.
  11. Baldur Augur

At low levels maybe you're right, but at higher levels with the damage bonus from weapons and no damage bonus from bare hand you can't compare ratios.

In Kunark all those weapons you listed will out parse bare hand because of the damage bonus you get from them.
  12. Weebles Augur

You could be right. I’m not sure how much the damage bonjs changes the equation. But either way, fists are certainly still reasonable while you acquire those weapons.
  13. Machentoo Augur

This is not hard at all to do. Have the four monks autofollow the tank, and all four monks will be lined up on the butt of the mob instantly as soon as the tank positions himself correctly. One key on each to assist and they will be doing damage much faster than the shamans, who will have a cast time on their first dot.
  14. sumnayin2 Augur

Yea I apologize my math was wrong on that, brain fart. But yea Fists can't have augments or bonus damage and can be outclassed by specific weapons...not entirely lackluster.
  15. Doze Augur

Nothing in Kunark era beats epic fists.
  16. Baldur Augur

If you reread the post I was quoting and my post, epic fists were never mentioned. The discussion was about non epic fists.