Chase loot evolution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vdidar, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Something like that on them would have been helpful!

I guess its too much to ask to actually have hints on the item itself.
  2. Sancus Augur

They are on the items. You just didn't look hard enough.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

What they said :) that (those) hint(s) IS(ARE) on the item(s).
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ah FFS, Didn't scroll down on the link to the next level! :mad:

It looked identical to the first so didn't even think about there being anymore information! :rolleyes:

I take back everything I said! :oops:

Loot is the root of all evil! :p
    bbanz likes this.
  5. Trialanderror New Member

Ngreth was sneaky with the items. Its nice to see some new items that involve work to achive the Max stats. I still think the final phase for final result on the evolve items is a little over the top. but oh well. Hard work will pay off!. Any chance of there ever being an item to convert epic focus effects into a new weapon? maybe a brutal hard quest to merge epic to a current weapon? necro really needs a new weapon!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

BTW. Code and I were able to fix the Hero's Forge problem in the boots and gloves.

There is also a code change in the works to fix the click to AA problem on the ring and shoulder items.
    Additionally, there is a code change coming that will prevent the requirement of having the old item in the reward sets that have requirements. (So you didn't lose access to the items while getting requirements done) It will instead not even allow you to claim the reward set if you don't meet the requirements.

But there is not enough design time to get the design side of the changes in before the patch. So I'll add those changes for April.
    Thoxsel, Yinla, Tutunka and 6 others like this.
  7. MiataDriver Augur

I just wish it had been current or near current content requirements. PoP hunter is just stupidly annoying.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like there is a coded message in here and I can't figure it out.
  9. Rayzen Elder

It would be cool if we could at least evolve these to the second level without all the extra requirements. Beyond that; sure let the hardcore players who do every single achievement in game, go for the super stats.
    Endaar and Yinla like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

If it makes you feel better, PoP hunter and traveler represents only about 2% of the effort required to fully evolve these items, and the other 98% is in current or near current areas.
  11. Bobokin Augur

Better watch out, the hardcore players will be out in force to say they are all actually casual players and everyone else is lazy.

Yes, it would be nice if evolving items would evolve partially for completing subsets of the requirements.
    Endaar likes this.
  12. svann Augur

The way to do pop hunter is start a hunter raid and just get everyone to camp all the zones. You do get credit for kills even if not in zone. Just be in raid. Or if you find a boss thats up ask in guild if anyone needs him and form up the raid just for that one.
    Tutunka likes this.
  13. Natal Augur

The thing is that that many players already have most or all of the more recent content done, so those old grey achievements take a lot of time with no direct reward.

I would have preferred the hunter one to match the requirements of the collection one in terms of expansions used. It would have been better to have each step in evolution require an additional expansions achs, so to evolve level 1 you would need all of one expansions hunters, for the next level two expansions hunters, the next level three and so on. They should have done that for all four evolving items.

I would have not used explorer for the boots, but rather the conquest achs. Explorer could have been used as a base to make the items equipable (using a clickable zero stat item to get the tier 1 item).

Expansions for this should include RoS, EoK, TBM, TDS, CoTH in that order for levels 1 through 5. Expansions older than those should have been left out. That would have given people motivation to go back and do all of the older content that was not greyed out.

The final raid tier should have required all of the raid achs from those 5 expansions done as well for a penultimate level, with all TBL ach required for a final level ;) So two raid levels for the evolving items, a base one for the lower raiding guilds and a uber one for the top guilds. That would have given everyone objectives to strive for and essentially opened up a ton of content for people to do since many never did a lot of those achs.

They could have built an entire content system for the expansion without having to do any new dev work other than make the items, if it had been done systematically.
  14. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

This is a cool idea. I like doing something "different" per evolve level rather than one big unlock and the rest be grinding XP. I'm going to guess that one reason this wasn't done was to give players that have everything done a quick route to level 4/5 (i.e. insta-BIS item) without some effort. Perhaps each level can be something totally different - Hunter for xx for one, explorer for a another (but I also like explorer being solely for boots - that makes complete sense).

Anyhow, cool idea.
  15. Morthakia Augur

I like having partial evolution unlocks rather than the “all-or-nothing” that is currently in place. I don’t think the EXP portion should go away, but it would be nice to be able to evolve the shoulders to Tier 2 with just 1 set of collectibles done rather than needing all of them. This would also make the EXP burden less painful because you could benefit from evolution EXP before completing 100% of the achievements. As it stands today, almost all EXP gained prior to completing the achievements is lost because you can only get through the first EXP tier, which is relatively small compared to the later tiers.

As for requiring achievements from expansions such as Planes of Power — I’m okay with this. It gives a reason to go back and do old achievements that are otherwise just points on a worthless scoreboard.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is something I can consider if I do items like this in the future.
    I say "in the future" because I like to try and vary up the methods of acquisition and use of these "chase" items each expansion. So whatever the next thing is it is not likely to be the same as this. Probably. I could change my mind!
    Morthakia, Thunderkiks, Ssdar and 6 others like this.