Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What did you revamp?
  2. Moege Augur

On these tabbed windows there is no lock functionality preventing you from actually closing the window

Previously if you closed a window, not that big of a deal need to setup one window again. Now it is a royal pita as you can lose multiple setups with just one misclick
  3. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Metanis likes this.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

Because they wouldn't want to have put all that time they used on this to finish dot revamps and fix scent of terris!
    sauron3030 likes this.
  5. MarttinPH Augur

I think you have you have some extra words there.
  6. Morthakia Augur

This is not a bug introduced with the latest patch, but it is a bug that I encountered lately that would be great if it could be addressed:

In the 12-man group mission from Veil of Alaris called “The Triune God,” there are 8 relics that start at 20% health and slowly heal up towards 100%. Part of the mechanics is to enable them to heal up to 80% in order to spawn mobs required to win the mission. In era, the relics couldn’t be killed because if they dropped below 20% they would spike up to 20% on the next heal tick. However, with increased DPS, killing them is easy. Note this does not necessarily bug the event, but it is an annoying feature. I think it would be much more in the spirit of the mission of the relics were unkillable.

What DOES bug the event is killing the shards that appear next to The Triune God while the relics are active. The way the event is supposed to work is that the shards heal up to 100% unless they are being attacked by the appropriate charmed avatar. With increases in DPS, these shards can be killed within 1 server tick through Harmtouch or other regular group DPS. Killing the shard in this manner, AKA WITHOUT a charmed avatar attacking it, will stop the progression of the script and bug out the event. My recommended fix would be to modify the script to eliminate the charmed avatar requirement to advance the script. You will need to keep the mechanic where charming the avatar is required in order to prevent the shard itself from healing itself. I’m sure this is FAR more complicated based on the backend coding and probably not somewhere resources should be allocated, but something for the team to evaluate in their list of bugs.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Click. It still "attempts" to feed you, so if stuffed you'll also get the stuffed message.

It's visual revamp to make the zone look less like mud. A designer ran through to make sure there were no quests bugs and no NPC's in odd places because of the new geometry.
    Fanra, Nniki, Risiko and 2 others like this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I don't know the details of the event.
    Do those shards need to be killed at all? would a HP lock solve the issue (We did not have HP lock during VoA) this is me asking with, as mentioned, spending the significant time on researching the scripts behind the raid. (I didn't make it, so familiarity is even less!)
  9. Morthakia Augur

It’s a super complicated event to describe. The Relics do NOT need to be killed and I do not believe they were intended to ever be killed. The shards DO need to be killed — that is the objective of the first phase of the mission.

Basically the shards spawn in sets of 2 and you need to charm 3 “defender” mobs and send them to attack the correct shard. Doing so causes the three defenders to depop and automatically charms the corresponding avatar — it becomes the pet of the person that is on the top of its hate list. You then send the avatar to attack the correct shard, which stops the shard from automatically regening to 100% health and enables it to be killed. Because of out-of-era DPS, we can now bypass the mechanism of using the charmed avatar to prevent the shard’s instant regen to 100% health. However, bypassing this mechanic in order to kill the shard (while auto regen is still in effect) breaks the event.

Note there are 8 shards that all must be killed this way.

For an abundance of clarity:

8 Relics that go active through 4 phases, 2 each. These start at 20% health and slowly regen up to 100%, which is a required mechanic of the raid. Design intent was for these NOT to die and NOT to drop below 20% health. Solution: Do not enable DPS to take the relics below 20% health. Note: killing relics was unintended but does not bug the event (I don’t think).

8 Shards that go active through 4 phases, 2 each. These NEED to be killed through the mechanics described above. Bypassing the mechanics and killing these shards bugs the event.
  10. Risiko Augur

Would be cool if the advanced loot window could be slammed in to a tab on the chat window. Just saying.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The only thing I saw that may be a problem is Xenaida's task in Basic Training. The mushroom is in the wall on test while on live there are two visible. Of course there is one in the barrel, but I don't know if a new player will know that that.

Starting UI is still horrible. I implore you to do something about it. Yes, I understand there is a resolution issue, but something general is better than what is being given to a "new" player.
    Tolzol likes this.
  12. Absor Developer

I'll find and move the mushroom. Thanks.
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Shame I was hoping for a few exdevs being in there. :(
  14. Duder Augur

If my post from page 1 regarding Draconic Formula and Gelid Rending is out of place and belongs elsewhere please direct me to the proper place. As it stands my concern has been ignored and I don’t appreciate seeing responses to later concerns while mine is seemingly overlooked.

Edit- Draconic Poison is the name of the item that is the poison, Draconic Formula is the name of the effect that blocks Gelid Rending
  15. Orbital101 Augur

Can we get a release date for GMM. People asking me if they should take off on Wednesday or Monday but I have no clue what to reply lol...
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Harris Augur

Brohg and Ssdar like this.
  17. svann Augur

I thought it was saturday the 16th. Calendar says thats first day of anniv content.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Quickwind New Member

Can we reconsider this new chat/tab window stuff? It's kind of annoying, and seems to be less effective at portraying the information I need. Or perhaps have a way to not enable the tabs?
    Xeladom and Yinla like this.
  19. josh Augur

I'm on test playing around with the chat windows. If it goes live as is, i will probably just disable the titlebar. Even with the titlebar it's really not that bad, it is redundant though and should be adjusted.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In game calendar says Tuesday for anniversary stuff, Wednesday for patch. But it also says TLP servers on Tuesday as well, which have been announced as Saturday.

Would be nice to have the announcement sooner rather than later so players can make plans. :)

Only 8 days till 16th!