Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Aidoin New Member

Anyone else having trouble getting into Fight Fire mission - even after 10 minutes of waiting for instance to set up it says "A strange magical presence prevents..."
  2. Mintalie Augur

Oh god please let it happen with this patch.
    Cadira likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

it must be Slice of Platinum Anniversary Cake
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Thx for letting me know... Ill stop running in circle for nothing lol
    Where does one get this cake?
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yeah overall I think it will be a good change, it will be AMAZING for tell windows. But there's some chat windows where I won't want multiple tabs, and in those windows the new function just takes up valuable screen real estate. If they let us remove tabs or borders on those windows then it's 100% a welcome feature.
    Nightmares and kizant like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

Just spent time hacking the menu and borders off the new chat windows.
    Would be nice if the tab didn't display unless there are multiple tabs.
    Nightmares and Zipe like this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

[IMG]

You don't need the buttons because you can min/max/close the window via the right click context menu (plus who closes their chat windows ever?).

Only downside is you won't see the name of the WINDOW, just the TAB names. In the example above the left window is named "non-melee" but the right window has NO name. You can see this in the first image up top, but without the titlebar you can't see the window name.

Realistically though, once you set your UI up the way you want it you shouldn't need to see the window names.
  8. Protagonist Tank

/tell windows. Still, fine via the context menu though.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

So no fix to the Plane of fire quest Delivery? the female duende mold is No Zone, so you can't finish the task on live..
  10. niente Developer

It's been fixed on Test
  11. Remind Journeyman

please remove the tabs. Or allow us to remove the border when not using a tab.
    Risiko and Angahran like this.
  12. Monkman Augur

Would really like the option of tabs on/off
    sauron3030 likes this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

If it is like previous anniversary cake, there will be a quest for either the recipe, the ingredients, or both.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Hopefully its a clicky or some other ways to get the update.. been stuffed all the time trying to find the spot will take quite a bit of time =x
  15. niente Developer

Added to patch notes but also - this patch includes a tutorial revamp, please test it out and let us know what you think.
  16. sauron3030 Elder

Not seeing a way to change the background color on the new windows, the background color only changes the color of the tabs now.
  17. sauron3030 Elder

Less worried about this then the fact they still haven't updated scent of terris yet.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

Did a /testcopy earlier today and followed it up with copying relevant .ini files with a batch file from Live:

xcopy c:\khat\eqclient.ini c:\khat-test\eqclient.ini /R /Y
    xcopy c:\khat\Khatt_luclin.ini c:\khat-test\Khattex_test.ini /R /Y
    xcopy c:\khat\UI_Khatt_luclin.ini c:\khat-test\UI_Khattex_test.ini /R /Y

I log into Test and my chat windows are all over the place while everything else is where they should be.

*All .ini files are not Read-Only.
    *Unmodified EQUI_ChatWindow.xml and EQUI_ChatContainerWindow.xml are being pulled from \uifiles\default\. (At one point I logged out of Test, deleted everything in my custom UI folder, and logged back in with the same issue).
    *Running a diff to compare all of the .ini files between Live and Test show the window coordinates for everything is the same.

It doesn't make any sense.
  19. Angahran Augur

Just a guess here, but I'm guessing that /testcopy does not do whatever behind the scenes manipulation is required to get the new chat windows into the same locations as existing ones.

I tried a /copylayout and had the same result, chat windows all over the place.
  20. Drakah UI Designer

It is odd that the Tab is showing, when only 1 is in a window. It should only show if 2 or more is in a window.
    Nightmares and Risiko like this.