Test Update 03/05/2019 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Hludwolf Developer

There is a known issue on test where the second chat window you have will get put into a tab of the first chat window. This is not intentional and will be fixed. If you detach the tab, it should go back to its correct location.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

When testing the tabs, I noticed that if I create a new chat window that is not intended to be part of the main chat window, it creates a tab for it even though it is a single tab in a chat window.

Is this a bug or intended functionality?

My hope would be that if there are no other tabs in the chat window, it would get rid of the tab itself in that chat window, and function just like the old chat windows did.
  4. Tiranniel New Member

I copied and renamed my UI files (Caelin_phinigel.ini and UI_Caelin_phinigel.ini) to Test, and every set of chat filters has ended up swapped around when I load into the Test server. Two windows also closed, and two old ones opened in their place.
    Detaching the second tab on the Main chat window does re-add the window to the right, but everything else remains jumbled.

On Phinigel:
    [IMG]

On Test:
    [IMG]
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Firiona Vie's Unicorn Horseshoe is not summoning any mount, the buff mount instantly disappear.There is also no preview of the mount.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

screwwy... works fine on beta... maybe the on demand load went bad? Will poke at it.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

/blink did someone say unicorn mount?
  8. sauron3030 Elder

No way to change background color on new chat windows.
  9. Ssdar Augur

There's a workaround for this, but it should probably be changed to be this way as default:

Copy EQUI_ChatWindow.xml to an empty folder in your uifiles directory. Open the copied file and edit the last section under <Screen item="ChatWindow">. Change <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> to <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> and it will display whatever background you set the window to
    Gyurika Godofwar and sauron3030 like this.
  10. svann Augur

Clicking random name in character creation takes an excessive time to process.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. sauron3030 Elder

Thanks Ssdar
  12. Jarsi Lorekeeper

found a bug with advanced loot where if you are sending or responding to a tell with a tell window using advanced loot to loot all during will crash client

also did gnome memorial mountain zone in get put in for test we have looked all over DSH and have yet to find any entrance even asking npcs about it yielded nothing
    suspense is one thing but forgetting to open something up is sloppy :p
    also will the cake be only available to test players during the live release?
  13. Tucoh Augur

They must've almost run out of names and have to dig through the bottom of the barrel for more.
  14. Rolaque Ancient

The implementation of the new chat window tabs has annoying problems and will cause major headaches for almost every player. Window positions will be switched, or combined with other windows.

Here is what happened to my chat window layout on Test. Currently I have 12 separate chat window in my UI. One of them is named Main Chat, and other is named Guild Chat. On Test those two were combined into a single window with 2 tabs, Main Chat and Guild Chat. That reduced the number of my chat windows to 11, and cascaded the remaining windows to new positions. In other words, things were scrambled. The position and size of each chat window is identical to what it currently is on live. But now it's a different chat window, say spells instead of tells.

So, please .. .. .. when you patch this to live, don't force any of our current chat windows to be combined into a single window as tabs. If we want to try them as tabs, then let each of us do it manually on our own. Don't cram this down our throats and tell us to live with it.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Ssdar Augur

First post on the same thread you're posting on.
    Rolaque, Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

In the anniversary task Defending Knowledge the horn doesn't show up. Several people have mentioned this happening to them in General chat even after trying multiple times.

Can't complete the task without the horn in Plane Of Tranquility.
  17. Rolaque Ancient

Sorry, but it doesn't work as intended. Detaching the tab sends it to the 'deleted' last window position, and it sent the wrong tab, not the one I had clicked on. And the scrambled order for all of the windows remains intact. Sure hope you get this fixed.
  18. Nodens1 New Member

With the new patch several people in our guild including myself have their everquest just close. The game will then need to be restarted. Please help.

Regards
    Nodens
  19. Chalkstix Journeyman

I'm not sure if it's a new bug or an old bug, but underwater monsters in Siren's Grotto (like sirens and seahorses) keep glitching in and out of the water (looks on the scren like they're constantly teleporting up and down), and it makes hitting them and casting spells on them almost impossible. In most cases I would just go somewhere else to hunt, but I need to kill these monsters for the prayer shawl quest in Thurgadin.
  20. Nniki Augur

Very old issue. Related on issue tracker:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-946