Test Update 02/22/2019 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 22, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test is being updated this afternoon with our current Live build. There are no new patch notes at this time. Everything should match Live.
  2. Tenken Augur

Curious, if it would be possible to link the {Challenger-TBL achievement} to the group vendor in stratos and to allow unlocks of some of the type 18 augments to purchase with TBL currency(4 - 5000)?

Since with the changing of the evolving items achievement; unless i'm mistaken pre-patch was just needing (Masters of the burning lands) for lvl 5. So person would got that little bonus for finishing the challenger other then a proc for an augment.

Still of course need it for lvl 6, but most of the little guys won't see that with the other requirements (which is fine).

Think the Challenger just got a bit less rewarding for the group content.
  3. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

It’s been 20 years. Can you please improve Vessel and Verina’s Spawn timers for the Enchanter Epic? The challenge should be killing them, not sitting in a room for up to 7 days waiting for them to spawn.

It also creates a bottleneck and since expansion unlocks are 1-3month many enchanters will miss the chance to complete the epic in era. Maybe look at quest mob spawn timers across the board. Reduce their spawn timers to 30 minutes

Thank you
  4. Drathese New Member

This match to live update, again, has messed with personal channels set on test. We cannot use previously created chat channels. Listing the channel number shows people in it that aren't online, can't chat into it via test or even live server chars that are autojoined.
  5. xxGriff Augur

personal/Private channels that were established and auto join are still not working. can create a new channel, and join but existing personal channels non functional. is this something U-Chat maintenance is addressing?
  6. xxGriff Augur

/testcopy suspended? got "service is not available..." any info is appreciated :)
  7. xxGriff Augur

well, 7 days up time and, instances are acting up. so, yay for anniversary, not :( . This is really wearing on me. being able to play every other weekend, and now missing out on anniversary stuff. by tomorrow instances will be completely unusable. js, it is predictable as the tides. so, the faux anniversary begins.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Test needs a fix instead of these temporary generic bandaids that don't solve anything. I'm surprised a large portion of the Test population hasn't quit playing out of frustration.
    xxGriff likes this.
  9. Dudderz New Member

Please reboot test. instances non-functional again.. the usual.. 7 day /uptime mark..
  10. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

So excited about the 20th anniversary content...& trying to catch up on some of last years, but with instances not acting right, it's pretty frustrating. I know you guys work hard and have your hands full, especially this time of year, but could we get a reset on Test asap so we can all get cracking on this stuff we have such a short window to accomplish? Thanks in advance...:)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

3/3/2019 Test Server Instances are done (again). Please reset Test Server (again).
    Please schedule weekly restarts of Test Server (again). Any reason you can say why this continually happens (again)? Is it simply the host is unrepairable or is it no attention is given to Test Server because on Live this never happens (again)?
    Lenivaya and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. xxGriff Augur

I just cannot fathom why instances have not been remedied in all this time. the anniversary launch was on the calendar and, yet no reboot/bounce for Test. why is this issue not given attention? why do we not hear any response? I have no problem sub-ing my accounts, and buy plenty from marketplace. However, Test is my preferred server for many, many reasons. the instances going down like clockwork is really a hindering my enjoyment and therefore justifying sub's and purchases. it is not a threat to quit or ultimatum, it is a fact. if the game/server does not allow me (us) to access all content then, not worth my time. we are "lucky" to get every other weekend? there is simply too much content only accessible via instanced zones. not to mention GH's and Sunrise Hills. no missions, HA's or progressions, and now NO anniversary events if they are instanced, and let us be honest, the desired rewards and achi's are in instanced zones. I think it fair to say most of us are frustrated and feel unheard. we know you all work hard and we appreciate everything you do, and enjoy working with you to limit bugs, and fix things before they go live. However this has gone on for a long time and needs attention. Thanks ;)
  13. Floppykick New Member

Good morning Friends, and thank you for all your hard work!!! I couldn't agree more with what xxGriff said in his previous statement...not going to elaborate cause he covered it pretty well...would love a reset so we can test the anniversary content please! Thank you in advance and hope you all have a wonderful day :)
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I agree with the last 4 posts and also can not comprehend why Test is being ignored in this manner. I'm not going to quit either but damn this is ridiculous. The Test server and the Test players deserve better than this.
    xxGriff and Lenivaya like this.
  15. Cornpops New Member

Please fix/reboot test!!:)
  16. xxGriff Augur

Bueller? Bueller??
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Ngreth, Klanderso, Roxxlyy, Hludwolf, Jchan, Absor, Prathun, Innorruuk, Tunare, Brekt, Bristlebane, Firiona Vie, and the entire Thule family please help us and reboot the darn server! 5th day of anniversary events and none of them that require an instance work.

12 days of uptime since the last reset and the last 5 days the instances have been broken. The server needs to be reset EVERY 7 DAYS or you are just going to have untested content and slowly lose the Test player base as they give up in frustration from lack of support.
  18. a_test_player_07 New Member

A test server reboot would be really swell right now :) Broken instances making doing actual testing impossible.

Also, can we get any feedback at all on what is causing this, what is being done about it, or an acknowledgment that Test is working as intended? If it's working as intended, we're a forgiving community and will value your honesty as long as the devs or PR rep are straight about it. The silence is very frustrating. Communication and honesty are highly valued and cost nothing to do.

Thank you, Test Server Dev Team, for all you do for us! We really appreciate you!
  19. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

Still no word / reply on rebooting Test Server? At least do we get extra time to do Anniversary Quests since Test has been broken since it started?
    This is "supposed" to be a celebration of 20 years of EQ but it feels more like a drawn out divorce settlement.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Same thing happened last year and they didn't extend the time. Missed out on about a week or so of anniversary time because of it.