Fan Faire Event Location

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Zurril Elder

I hear Pablo Escobar has an island we could probably get...
  2. lancelove Augur

Catalina Island!!
    suineg and Prathun like this.
  3. Zvenn Just an old monk

is zurril really billy mcfarland? they let you out early?
    Zurril and Lyquid like this.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

After all those years of waiting for ship to ship combat, perhaps we could "Commandeer" a few yachts and party on them, the international crowd can take the blame, I've always wanted to be extradited in the winter, I can probably skirt the RCMP til then. I'd also like to suggest someone bring aboard a weeping willow so we can all write down the biggest nerfs to our class over the years and hang them from the tree in memoriam. RIP RB/SD healspam, RIP
  5. treehugger Journeyman

Dallas would be cool, on the East Coast here so not too bad of a drive. Whoever said food and nightlife in Vegas is cheaper hasn't been there for a while. Nightlife in Vegas is not cheap, neither is the food. Unless you want to get what you pay for, well McDonalds is cheap. I wouldn't mind Vegas, used to live there would be nice to see friends and family. Vegas is always cheap to fly to, but costs more to fly from, it's how they get you there. If we are sharing personal preferences I would love Charlotte or Atlanta, but those are not central to much other than the east and south east.
  6. MelediWeaver Journeyman

Toronto - the Canadian dollar is at a 15 year low compared to the US dollar, and its a nicer temperature than Dallas in the summer. Big rollarcoasters at Canada's Wonderland, tons of great bars and venues, and we sort of have a hockey team?
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

0 point in attempting it outside of the states, people just won't come. It adds the headache of Passport ownership/longer term vacation planning for a greater contingent of the playerbase. Add in the prospect of the Leafs being in the playoffs at the same time and the whole thing gets more complicated/annoying to book restaurants and activities as a Guild, and just enjoy your evenings without having to deal with leaf fans, just, the worst. Also, Toronto traffic, Quadruple /ugh
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

So, they will have multiple live events this year? and the first one is
    https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-20th-anniversary-battlemage-brew-day
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I have given up. Its March, anniversary is in 2 weeks, and they haven't announced any real type of fan faire thing. At this point, unless they plan to have it in the summer, its a waste. People need to reserve time off work, get hotels, get flights, and if this is the kind of thing they were talking about, definitely feeling let down.
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Lyquid New Member

Glad you given up when it's already been said it will likely be in the summer and be announced in March.Didn't announce it March 1st? What Gives! /s
  11. TheStugots Augur

I thought it was going to be in the summer all along? I could be wrong, but I thought summer was in the original statement.
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

Prathun likes this.
  13. Herodotus Augur

Maybe we could have a Skype, or Facetime Fan Faire? No hotel costs or airfare needed. Mostly kidding, but...
  14. minimind The Village Idiot

It would be cool that, regardless the venue, there be a live webstream and a couple people volunteering to ask questions for those in the channel.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Guys, relax. Planning these things is a MASSIVE undertaking, and it's not like the DBG staff had an abundance of spare time before the announcement.

They'll announce details soon. It'll all work out. I promise.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Man, I was keen to go, but I have to see a hockey game that night.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

By have, I mean I am prioritizing the hockey game.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

As I can't afford to go to this, I don't personally need to know. However, for everyone else, I have looked here on the forum, the everquest.com website, the daybreakgames.com website, the EverQuest Facebook page, and the EverQuest Twitter account.

In none of those places have I seen anything about this. The only thing I could find was here: https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-20th-anniversary-producers-letter-march-16-2019
    Is this venue too small to hold many people? Because there is a real lack of publicity to this, so it seems like they don't want many to know. Or is it already over?
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If you drive in Toronto...leave your sanity someplace safe.
  20. Geroblue Augur

Its also incredibly hot there in the summer.