Questions about necro in PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sk8jack, Mar 2, 2019.

1. sk8jack Journeyman

Hi guys I'm currently playing a necro on Coirnav, got a couple questions which I hope some of you guys might be able to clarify.

Firstly, does Accursed Affliction stacks with Burning Affliction IV? Both focus increase the damage of our DoTs by up to 20%. If they do not stack, then which focus should I go for?

There are other two focus effects which improve our DoT damage in PoP, Vengeance of Time and Vengeance of Eternity, I assume those two are upgrades of BA4 since VoT/VoE increase DoT damage but only decay on spells over level 67, whereas BA4 decays on spell over 65.

As for necro pets in PoP, would the 63 pet be better than the 65 pet since 63 pet is a rogue? 63 pet hits for lower damage but is able to backstab, assuming the pet is able to get behind the mob, thus would I be better off just using the 65 pet since I do not have to worry about positioning it behind mobs or should I always use the 63 pet and try to get it to stick behind mobs for backstab damage? I'm not sure which would be more efficient.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

None of the same focus types stack. Necro are very reliant on focuses though so make sure you catch em all.

After level IV the names become flavored rather than just numbers like i, ii, iii, iv. The descriptions are accurate though, so you just want the highest one available. That'll most certainly be something from POT. Focuses get a boost again in LDON.

The level decay stuff won't matter until after the level passes the item up, but by then new gear will come out. Basically, I wouldn't care if the item decayed after 65 or 67 because I imagine the item will get replaced with little notice.

Never parsed a necro pet, but I would encourage you to look into the test server dummy. You can parse everything you want and get a good grasp for the best spell rotations, and all that pet info you could imagine.
  3. snailish Augur

Visit the necrotalk class website.

I assume it is still up.

There was a mage one that was good for this stuff too... mages tower?
  4. ShivanAngel Augur

Unless something has changed the necro/mage rogue pets do not have position requirements on their backstab.

Rogue pet is generally the highest dps.
  5. menown Augur

Position requirements most definitly do matter for rogue pets to backstab, unless they have a weapon equipped. This is true for all rogue pets up to level 110. A rusty dagger would do. Dmg and delay on weapons do not effect the pets dps. Also, any dmg type would work, (ie h2h, blunt, slash, or piercing weapons). Only 1 weapon is needed. Proc dmg does not significantly raise pet dps at all, like not even noticeable with long duration parses.

In PoP era, I would use rogue pet while agro kiting all the time. At level 110, the difference in rogue vs warrior pet dps is very small, so I only use the warrior pet now.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

Thats why I said "unless something has changed"...

There was a good while where pets could backstab from any arc of the mob. This carried over to NPC's as well and led to rogue mobs being quite nasty.
  7. a_librarian Augur

Do they backstab for full damage from the front if given a 1h pierce weapon?
  8. menown Augur

They backstab for full damage from the front, yes. However, any pet or PC will get parried, riposted and avoid more from the front, lowering DPS anyways. You get lower DPS with both pets from the front due to these skills.