Shaman Epic 1.0 Broken at Ooglyn turnin

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Naturalice, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Naturalice New Member

This previous patch apparently broke the Ooglyn script again for the shaman epic. Every couple years the script manages to get broken. Tried to turn in to her multiple times and waited 30 min to an hour each for her to move and she never starts buffing herself or moves she just stands there. I think it may have been broken for a long time but no one did the quest the original way since you could just repeatedly turn in certain steps on the quest. In the future maybe make sure that a quest works before you guys make a change that wasn't even all that necessary. Were shaman epics easier to obtain? sure. Even with the nerf its still one of the easiest to obtain if the quest wasn't broken. Revert the change so there is an alternative way to do it or fix the quest this basically makes the epic unobtainable at the moment.
  2. Kolani Augur

The epic works as intended, I did it the correct way without faction boosting not too long ago. Did you start it before patch, stop and go back to it? If so, your faction is probably too high.
  3. Naturalice New Member

no, literally started it tonight and did all the gem turnins, only had faction hits from the gem turnins and all the dialogue was correct. the script just never started so I suppose they broke it in this recent patch then. She says all the correct dialogue, then never starts casting her spells or moves. Waited over and hour multiple times. If you read on alla this isn't the first time its happened either theres comments from 2006 and 2012 saying the same thing.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

I started a quest for the third shaman...
    She said that I could swim. But not guide me.
    Ooglyn script does not seem to work.
    I decided to petition.

Server:Cazic Thule - Fennin Ro
  5. Quill Augur

Yup. The shaman epic is straight-up broke. Decided to finally start it tonight (I've done it on another character)

At least you can get your Opaque Gem back by rehailing in WFP, but turning it in to Ooglyn does nothing, and there is no way around it.

Also of note, turning in the Black Dire Pelt in EJ(presumably without the sparkling gem faction hit) does nothing. And you can't pump faction with the tiny gem, you only get faction the first time now. So you can't even go around it through the 1.5 pre-quest.

There will be zero shaman epics for the foreseeable future until this is fixed. Thankfully they don't have a fast server opening up in less than a month. Because that would be embarrassing.
  6. Prathun Developer

Fixed internally. Ooglyn will now head down into the ocean after receiving the gem.
    This hasn't worked correctly for many, many years.
    Yinla and Gorgol the Ogre like this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

So can everyone who finished the shaman epic using the exploit get suspended for a week, ideally just when the new prog servers launch?

They don't deserve it or anything, I just wanna see the drama.

8. Quill Augur

Hailed Ooglyn.
    Handed Gem.

Staring contest.

So far, still not working. I had assumed 'fixed internally' meant it didn't require a patch. This require a patch with a server-down?

Figured I might need to have gotten a new gem with hails. Tried it again with a new gem and still nothing.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

"fixed internally" means fixed within their internal dev build, but will require a hotfix or patch to be live.
  10. Quill Augur

Ahh.. kk.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

No need to be salty because you couldn't be arsed to find a solution that literally EVERY shaman ever has known about.
  12. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

Maybe I am not following correctly what the issue is but I did the Shaman 1.0 just over 2 months ago and aside from waiting forever for the test of patience side of things I was able to get it without the faction boosting. Just followed the walkthrough on Allakhazam
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Prathun Developer

Well, color me incorrect. You're right. There was a variable set on the quest completion script that an idle script looked for which replicated the NCDs to move into the ocean and spawn other guys and that was removed in the most recent scheduled update. It functioned a little differently than the original implementation, but it probably worked. We probably did break this in the update. Sorry about that and thanks for the info.
    Hobitses, Hemnyte, xxGriff and 2 others like this.
  14. Topher1166 New Member

I've been able to get past Ooglyn. However, after turning the sparkling gem into the Spirit Sentinel, I get a message that says I need to prove myself. I've read this means my faction isn't high enough. I've done the whole quest with no short cuts. Is this bugged also?
    Hemnyte likes this.
  15. Algebra New Member

I'm in the same spot as Topher above. Turned in sparkling gem to the sentinel spirit in EJ but he is telling me I need to prove myself. I assume this is a faction issue - but, we cant get faction credit for repeating previous parts of the quest right?....so I'm stuck
    Hemnyte likes this.
  16. Hemnyte New Member

Tried on 3/25/19 I'm stuck at the same spot as Topher and Algebra above. After turning in the Sparkling Gem faction still fell short and currently no way to raise it. Followed the prior steps in the exact order but faction never reached the 750 mark for the quest to continue beyond the spirit sentinel. The Ooglyn quest was extremely erratic and delayed in spots (took three or four hours sitting underwater for everything to spawn and progress). The wandering spirit portion worked fine but it did disappear on track a few times randomly as if it was despawning. The Spirit Sentinel just has no solution anymore...
  17. Prathun Developer

I am unable to verify any problems with handing in the Sparkling Gem to the Spirit Sentinel in Emerald Jungle.

You should start with 0 faction in Truespirit.
    You should have 100 after giving the Tiny Gem to Bondl in West Freeport.
    You should have 200 after giving the Opaque Gem to Ooglyn in Erud's Crossing.
    You should have 300 after giving the Small Gem to a wandering spirit in West Karana.
    You should have 400 after giving Marr's Promise, Woe, and Envy to a wandering spirit in West Karana.

You need 400 Truespirit Faction to hand in the Sparkling Gem to Spirit Sentinel in the Emerald Jungle.

There are two Spirit Sentinel NPCs in the Emerald Jungle. Are you dealing with the one in the ruins around 1235 283 -340? Or the one in the water around 3680 -640 -407?
    Hobitses likes this.
  18. Hiides New Member

I am also at the previously mentioned part. I've done the 1.0 up to the part with the Spirit Sentinel, handed in the Sparkling Gem, when you say 'I am prepared to walk the path of might.' you get the message that you don't have enough faction to proceed. Currently at 500 True Spirit Faction.
  19. Hemnyte New Member

^This mine gave me the announcement of award faction upon completion of each portion (+100 +200+300). Yet when you check the faction it never actually gave the boost. Leaving me sitting short of the faction required for turn in.
  20. Hemnyte New Member

The ruins is where I was.