DoT Revamp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hadesborne, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Hadesborne Augur

Daybreak, I calling on you to make good on your promise. Finish the DoT revamp. It has been 3 YEARS. Another one of our necros just swapped to another class to remain viable. This has been going on for quite a while now. One by one necros have been leaving the class because of Daybreak inability to finish the revamp they TOLD US WOULD HAPPEN. Are you afraid that you will make necro too overpowered? Well, you can't screw up that much at this point. During raids mages, wizards, monks, zerkers, and rogues are ALL doing 2 to 3 TIMES the damage of a full burning necro. The necro just to reach this level of obscurity has to cast 20% more spells than any other class and yet we do half, at best, of the damage of other DPS classes. Make good on the promise you made 3 years ago and finish it. For good or bad just get it done, then you can adjust it later. This is rediculous.
  2. Hinastorm Elder

Id also love to actually play the class im most interested in (necro) instead of always having to choose a second choice becuase of this.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

I have nothing of value to add, just made me kek.
    Grogak likes this.
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

They really need to just start slowly on some of the lines. Consolidate the fire dot line this patch cycle. Let it run for 2 patch cycles to test it then the next line. In a year or so Necros are consolidated. Then look at their performance and adjust AAs. Necros being a very complicated class means they can't bandaid this.
  5. ShivanAngel Augur

Did they Re-Allow stacking multiples of the same line? that is what made me stop playing the last TLP.

Ex. Funeral pyre, pyrocure, ignite blood?
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Necro resale would go through the roof!

#NecroToo
  7. TheRedBandit Elder

I feel as though the Department of Transportation doesn't currently need restructured. Thank you, however, for your interest.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Devs, I know you guys are busy with the decisions to make on the changes to the upcoming server rulesets, but please, give us an update on this process. I has been 3 years. Stop forcing necro attrition.
  9. a_librarian Augur

save our necros
  10. Gremin Augur

lol
  11. Biohazerd Lorekeeper

Are you talking about Phinegal?

I would have thought third spire + glyph + robe clicky + multiple lines in the dread pyre line would have made them start doing respectable damage again.

If you can't make the parse in SoD that is definitely off from the way it used to be provided you know what you're doing. I always had a pocket bard but I don't know how big of a difference that would make.
  12. Koshk Augur

-1 point, because incorrectly posted in the TLP forum.
    +25 points, because refreshing not to read about Selos/Mangler for a change.
    Teylana and andross77 like this.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

The problem is that because guild DPS in SoD is sickening right now. Players on Phinny are swimming with gear. Start an encounter with 3-4 monks, 2 wizzies, 3 mages, 2 rogues, 3 zerkers and the mob dies way too fast for the necro DoTs to finish ramping up. If the mobs lived longer you may see the necros making a parse here and there, but when wizards and zerkers can pump out 20k to 30k DPS or more, that is just a pipe dream. A hard burning Necro with full ADPS can hit around 10k DPS tops. Mages, Wizards, Monks, Zerkers all can do 2 to 3 times that damage currently in SoD, consistently. It isn't a case of skill, it truly is because every other DPS class has gotten upgrades over time and the devs decided to, in large part, forget about the necros.

Keep in mind, I am not campaigning for the revamp because it is some random idea that I personally came up with. NO, this was a promise made by Daybreak to fix DoT classes so you can have more than one necro per raid force later on. This promise was made 3 years ago. All other major DoT classes have had their revamp, yet the ONE class that is DoT dependant the most is left hanging. How many high end necro mains are left on Phinny by SoD? 9? 10?...across all guilds on the server. That is what the lack of a PROMISED DoT revamp for necros has done. Players have mothballed their necros in favor of more viable classes. This is just a shame.
  14. Hadesborne Augur

Now that the Selos/Mangler debate is done, how about that revamp? You know what? I would be AMAZED if we actually got a dev response.
  15. Machentoo Augur

It's been several years since the last dot revamp. I don't think selos/mangler was the thing holding it up.
    andross77 likes this.
  16. Iphrium New Member

Yes show some necro love! Especially our aa’s Starting in luclin need a revamp. No aa’s for dots!? Splurt and fire dots need more damage. Some more bosses that are not immune to most of our spells?

I don’t know why they removed spell foci on mangler but monks I’m sure still have broken out of era Dps with their epic. It will be interesting to see how the changes play out. Are all our Iksar necros going to reroll monks? Lol.

I’m a little sad some amazing items for casters will now be no longer worth hunting for. I don’t mind the rebalancing of power but it really takes out an element of loot seeking for casters. We need a reason to want lewts! Seeking out loot is fun and without focus items I think I’m going to get bored more easily, have less maximum potential to work towards, and even less dps in raids. I’m remembering what it was like when gear was more made for melee and our items to seek were mostly spells. I just love that feeling of, “I finally got that awesome item!”, Items that make a big difference in our strength. I guess you can’t make everyone happy.

Conversely, I remember feeling insanely op (solo and group content, even some raids if our dots actually land...) as necro with spell focuses and modern EQ just being easier, saturated with amazing loot, on other tlp’s I played.

I’m just going to really miss the gearing process that spell foci added for us. I guess I’ll have to work on a melee twink! I’ll see you guys on Mangler.
  17. modsiw Augur

So confused.

What does this have to do with pumping clerics?
    Rcbauer likes this.
  18. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

Have any of these threads ever gotten a Dev response? It's been three years and no word as far as I know. How is this a thing?
  19. Machentoo Augur

So far as I am aware, not a single response in any thread about it since they finished the last round of revamps >2 yrs ago.
  20. Hadesborne Augur

Still waiting for a response from the devs.....