WTB type 18 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Evye Augur

Looking for Ranger type 18 augs (procs, sympathetic, Hdex) on E-Marr.

I have all 4 evolving items and am completely finished with progression MINUS raids and hunters. In the time of doing all that I've only seen one type 18 aug drop. So since I'm unlucky and have about 450 of the needed 518 T.T. runs before I can use my Type 19 augs. I'd love to buy some loot rights to type 18s.

#toomanyneeded
    #toorare
    #rangerscantankTBLnamers
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

These augs are way too rare for how many different ones there are available.
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  3. Spellfire Augur

Maybe they could be put in mission chests?
    Syylke_EMarr and Sancus like this.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

Best guess is that the type 18s drop about as commonly as the type 19 and luck or type 22 augs in comparison. Some nights we are exceptionally lucky other nights not so much.

You want a wide array of type 18 augs I suggest finding a partner or group and camp them as needed.

- Coag
  5. Spellfire Augur

We camp them as needed. The drop rate is inadequate.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The per-mob-droprate may be the same, but you're depending on named spawns for type 18s while type 19s drop from (at least) two entire zones' worth of mobs.
    svann likes this.
  7. Duhbeast Augur

What server are you on m8? I sell group lamps and augs periodically from general chat on Cazic. They sell like hotcakes!
    Elyssanda and Pirlo like this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My opinion is already known on these augs.
  9. Morthakia Augur

Two entire zones’ worth of mobs? I’m familiar with Doomfire ... can you share which is the other one?

Also — drop rate on Type 18 augs is perfectly fine. I wish they were “Lore Equipped” rather than just Lore Group, but that’s a different argument altogether.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

PoSmoke raid trash drops them as well. I am unsure on the later tiers of raid zones, but have not heard of them dropping any.
  11. Bumkus Elder

I do not like Lore Equipped. More than once i've looted an aug that I already had and therefore could not use. What is the upside to Lore equipped?
  12. Yendar Augur

Lore equipped would allow you to loot different augs and swap them based on what you’re doing.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The Lore Equipped tag prevents you from equipping two augs from the same lore group, but still lets you own others. This sounded like a good solution for Luck items, where you need to be able to own more than one in order to upgrade the Luck.

But it seems the devs wanted to play with their new tool a little too much, and decided to use it for the type 18/19*** augs and other items, too. Perhaps with the idea of keeping you busy hunting the other augs from the same lore group, in the incredibly unlikely scenario that you would actually swap them out for different situations.

For the most part, other than upgrading identical Luck items, "Lore Equipped" doesn't seem to be very useful and it seems to cause the accidental looting problem you describe a lot (just happened in a group today, with a ring that had no Luck).

EDIT: ***Looks like the type 18/19 augs are not Lore Equipped, so never mind that :) I got them confused with the type 22 charm Luck aug (which is appropriately Lore Equip). There are still other items (like the ring that dropped in my group) that are inappropriately marked as Lore Equipped, imo :)
  14. Tolzol Augur

The t18’s/19’s are not lore equipped. They have lore groups you can only have one of a particular lore group.
    Orbital101 and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  15. Bumkus Elder

I have 2 Blue Sky augs that are Lore equipped. Not sure what i would swap out that uses that aug. its a pretty typical type 7/8 aug. doesn't even go into secondary, which is about the only thing i could consider swapping.

Same thing wth Planetary Dagger Medallion and Fashioned Hope Stone. Maybe these need to be changed to straight Lore
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

Lore
    Lore Group
    and Lore Equipped

tags interact in pretty particular ways and were deployed somewhat carelessly, I think. The right combos would be really good
  17. Triconix Augur

It's kind of sad how much easier it is getting slot 19s. Each fire run that we've run equates to 5-12 slot 19s augs per run with the same amount of Luck augs in a span of less than 2 hours. I think today's run got us 10 slot 19s for example Meanwhile I'll sit in mearatas all day and be lucky to see one slot 18 drop after murdering a couple dozen nameds.
    Syylke_EMarr and svann like this.
  18. Lubianx Augur

You could put 1 in slow proc belt, 1 in a cripple proc belt and 1 in the DPS belt. On occasions I have swapped belts so it would work there

Same with mask if you are a tank. One with the agro, one without if you are just DPSing
    Brohg likes this.
  19. Brohg Augur

oh that's a wonderful idea, I've hated having to identify swap augs for waists

hm. except that, on inspection, all the augs I'm actually equipping are legit Lore, not just the Lore Equipped
  20. Whulfgar Augur

I've completed maer zone hunter.. I've yet to see any type 18s there..

But in a weeks time frame killing 19 place holders an their respective named in another zone I was able to grab up 5 type 18s. Would have been 7 total.. however got doubles..

Also seen them drop alot off of the named snail camp in ash.. enough so that guildies grpn there were able to get multiple type 18s from there each .. while grinding up on rare drops..