will/can we slow down the TLP releases now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Feb 22, 2019.

1. taliefer Augur

with mangler and selos we now have several TLPs in all stages of the, with even a few different kinds of rulesets.

i am one who actually enjoys starting over, i've hit every TLP and will likely mess around on mangler while raiding on coirnav during these months of Time farmage.

but even i am starting to get fatigue, i do wonder if we will finally see a slowdown on the TLPs, let these 20th anniversary and other servers mature, and give it a couple years for hype to build back up for the next set of TLPs. i kinda hope so.
    Trevalon and Crayon123 like this.
  2. Hawer Lorekeeper

Agree with this. Would be nice to skip a year to let mangler carry a higher pop into later expansions and by then Selo will be catching up to live. Just do an event server or even pvp next year.
    SweetLaxTho and Crayon123 like this.
  3. jdub New Member

No way - they're going to ride this money train into dust until Pantheon.
  4. Hdizzle Augur

They shouldn't stop releasing them every year because they fill up every year. What % are new subs vs existing is anyone's guess.

Also if everyone stops rerolling every fricking time they release one, they probably would reevaluate that direction.
  5. PwnQuest Augur

I think generally speaking, more of the population of these TLPs comes for the early expansion content (classic through PoP or so), rather than the later expansions. That's why it always made sense for them to keep releasing new TLPs. Without seeing the statistics they have on player churn I'd guess that post-Velious the population starts dipping, and after PoP it really drops off a cliff.
    Trevalon and SweetLaxTho like this.
  6. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Very short answer: No.

Love them. There is nothing like creating a new character and logging into your starting city to see 100 low level peeps contesting level one spawns and having multiple picks doing the same.

Yes, that will eventually get old, but it has not yet.

If server population becomes a problem, merge the older TPLs. Keep popping new ones.
    ch0rny likes this.
  7. Trevalon Augur

This is exactly the trend we have seen in the past. While there are places where populations ebb and flow and bump up and take huge drops we have historically seen the biggest drops in population at 4 spots:

1) Near the end of Classic period (biggest drop IMO)
    2) The end of Velious
    3) The end of PoP (second biggest drop)
    4) The end of OOW (Or perhaps closer to beginning of PoR)

But most servers have seen boosts in population at:

1) The start of PoP (biggest increase)
    2) The start of OOW
    3) The start of TSS (second biggest increase)

Disclaimer: This is just anecdotal evidence I have seen in my guilds on multiple servers, this is NOT meant as gospel
  8. ch0rny Elder

They will release a PvP TLP and non-truebox TLP both perhaps with FV loot in order to compete with Pantheon.
  9. Trevalon Augur

Honestly, I dont know why anyone has any faith in Brad releasing anything but another Vanguard disaster. Pantheon is anathema until it proves otherwise IMO.
    Vinlail likes this.
  10. Tachyon Augur

I love having a new one every year! It's why I keep playing. People who like the later game stay on their servers. People who don't drop out until the next TLP comes along. There's also plenty of time to play on a new server that comes out and still raid on your old TLP.

It's not an either/or situation.
    Gemstoner likes this.
  11. dmccollum Elder

Next year will be a Velious/Luclin locked TLP.
  12. Gemstoner Elder

Yeah, the classic to PoP run is what brings me back to EQ. I'm glad to see yearly TLP releases, especially since no other MMO since EQ has been able to keep my attention. I've given up hoping for a AAA title like it to ever come again.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Fippy - 2012
    Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinny (was only supposed to be one) - 2015
    Arrg: 2017 (special locked)
    Coirnav: 2018

It was only 4 planned in 7 years. Don’t know why people act like it’s be ever 6 months.
  14. a_librarian Augur

I'd expect 2 a year now if the anniversary launch servers are successful.