Ya know what would be really Nice DBG? Maps...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by northstar, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Baldur Augur

You know this is already possible right?

Click the Height Filter button and adjust the Low and High values to your liking.
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, I didn't. I had played with those buttons in the distant past, and they didn't do anything. I assume that's because I wasn't using good maps like I am now? So, if I try that with Goode's, I'll see a difference?
  3. Baldur Augur

No, you just need to adjust the High and Low values, the default ones are too big to just show you one level on the map I think.

Mine are set at 10 low and 25 high.

If you ever have an issue where you click the Height Filter button and you're seeing more than 1 level on your map then adjusting those values will get you to 1 level eventually.

I'm constantly turning the Height Filter on and off, because for some zones you don't want it, and others you do.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the great tip :)
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Thats what the height filter are for...Most zones with overlapping floors as a label HF: Low # High # then enter those # in the height filter box and toggle it on. You will only see what there is between those # on your Z axis. When I do my maps I make sure that the height filter work smoothly with my lines.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

I'm presently working on a different way of labeling my quest labels. I'm trying to get them coded to match the quest window so that you can do a search in the map window for X quest line which will show all the quest update for that quest and be able to plant the red mark and/or start a path to each update spot. That way no matter how small the labels will be or even if not visible on the map the search window will always show them clearly. You can then select them from the list that will plant a red marker on the map which can then be right clicked to start a path.

The map window could use some work no doubt but there a few tricks that can be done that barely anyone use because they dont even know it can be done. Having the map window with hundred of labels with the quest window up at the same time take quite some space on screen and easily become confusing so I will see if I can set it up to match the quest overlay window.
    Ssdar likes this.