Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldryn Another New Member

We opened T3 on Tuesday, February 5. We completed Palace Gates 20 minutes after that. We locked out Mearatas on Sunday, February 10.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Allayna and Drpeppa like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

No, but you are being an anonymous troll on the forums while deriding the legitimate efforts of other guilds. I seriously hope you're some weird onlooker, and not one of my guildmates.
  3. Drpeppa Journeyman

I stand corrected. Thank you.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I can't recall Maed ever claiming RoTE was better than RoI

Our problem is that I'm the only one embracing #nimbuslife, we need more buy-in, it's a real issue
    Maedhros and Drpeppa like this.
  5. Bamboompow Augur

RoI beats the expac. Then the dumb down nerfs follow.

Looks like business as usual to me but what do I know. I didn't watch the Superbowl either. Kinda a stale predictable outcome........
    Drpeppa likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Hi New Member.
  7. Drpeppa Journeyman

Hi augur. =)
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

I'ma need y'all to settle down now okay.

If this thread gets nuked I lose all my "likes."

[IMG]
  9. bbanz Elder

I wish every expansion had a hard final event. Even if we don't beat it before the nerfs, I'm glad I got to experience it. It's a nice change from the typical healing events from a cleric point of view.
    Maedhros and Thunderkiks like this.
  10. Horyuken Augur

Events in Everquest are "hard" for the majority of the games population. The top 5 guilds have a luxury most guilds don't. Just because you can cruse to the end of a current expansion don't equate that to the content being lackluster and not challenging for the games majority.

I don't think this even calls for an analogy.
  11. Drogba Augur

All of those guilds and players that cruise through ought to be allowed to get challenging events too. If there's no challenging content for your raid force, that's a game design failure in my book.

A reward for being a strong raid team, ought to be the chance to take on something that will actually challenge you, that you might not win.

I wish they'd include at least one tough final event in every expansion release.
  12. Nudia Augur

I've thoroughly enjoyed working on this event and I'm glad they are leaving it in so I can work at it a bit longer. I think the timing is great and the guilds with rosters that are potentially capable and seeking the harder challenge get that without impacting others down the line.

Big props to RoI for pulling this off as well as anyone else that manages it. I think it's doable with the right showing and enough time by any of the top ranking guilds. I, personally, don't really care what guilds finish in what order to begin with and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be happy to see anyone else kill this.

That all said, I wouldn't mind living somewhere other than Mearatas at some point.

Good work RoI. Good luck MS, CT, SR, Triton, and anyone else that gets the chance to have a little mephit train run on them at 25% for the next month.
  13. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

I am not old!!!
    Aldren likes this.
  14. Livvy_CT Elder

This seems like a raid that even once you beat it, it could south very fast, so many things that could a wipe
    Astral64 likes this.
  15. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
  16. Cailen Augur

I think even RoI would admit that yes this event requires a lot of skill and practice to beat but also a little luck
    Whulfgar likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

So 5 days total for RoI to beat the event.

Out of the other guilds that are there right now. Only Silent Redemption has a chance to equal your success of a win in 5 days. (And I'm hoping they do it, they's who I am cheering for)
  18. Allayna Augur

Feb 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and a win on the 10th makes 6 days of seeing the content.

When in doubt, I head to the count for help.

[IMG]

But it has been entertaining to say the least. Grats to ROI for the time and energy invested.
    Brohg likes this.
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

We can't equal it at this point, we raided it Sunday the 10th, then the 11th/12th/13th/15th/17th/18th/19th and yesterday, for a total of 9 nights with probably an average of 5-6 attempts per night? (Doing other stuff and only raided extended hours the 10th).

Prayers to Jobu that it goes down tonight
    Lisard likes this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

This part .. was nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.