Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orbital101 Augur

We cleared up to Mearatas and it was pretty late. We still had a solid go with what we had. We will prob hit it earlier in our next raid night... It will go down next Sunday np.
  2. Filthy casual Journeyman

Sooooo, NO. In a much more succinct answer.
  3. Repthor Augur

What i read was that Good is saying no cuz we are old. Dont feel bad Good i feel you pain im old to
  4. Cicelee Augur

98% of the player base will not be seeing the event until it gets nerfed.

Besides, how much of that 98% has gotten past the first event? If not, then that portion of the 98% should not be worried about how easy or hard Mearatas is...
  5. Bronut Augur

i love this event for 1 reason, all the self proclaimed "eq gods" making lots of mistakes lol. exposed.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

The only mistake I've made was trying to love again
  7. Astral64 Augur

IblisTheMage, Sancus and Scornfire like this.
  8. Maedhros High King

You can look at Elite Gamers lounge and after doing some math easily assume that no guilds outside of the top 10 or 12 will even be flagged for T3 raids before the mid-March patch.
    We were 7th to finish T2 and only finally reached the first event in T3 last night with 37 flagged. We had a 10 day lead on the number 8 guild.
    Very few guilds will even try that raid before it's nerfed.
    Maybe calm down with the conspiracy theories.
    Brohg likes this.
  9. Drpeppa Journeyman

So all them "tuff" don't nerf it yet people in those awesome guilds have still not beaten the event that RoI has?

Very interesting. Would this be the case of ego over well everything ?
  10. Livvy_CT Elder

Just out of curiosity, has ROI beat it a second time?
  11. Maedhros High King

It's ok, lots of people don't get it, you don't have to understand.
    As of today, the initial day of the planned nerf, 5 guilds would be able to all (in theory) beat the raid today and it would determine slots 2-6 on the rankings in a very unsatisfying way. Big egos go hand in hand with being in a top guild and whether you care to take part in the race or not, other people enjoy it. So thank you for sharing your opinion and just sit back and enjoy the race.
    Pano, Brohg, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  12. Drpeppa Journeyman

Let me guess. Your in 1 of those "top guilds" ?
  13. Maedhros High King

I am not. I am in the current number 7 guild as I literally mentioned about 90 minutes ago. Try to keep up.
    Hint: you can cross reference the name of my guild from my magelo link on this post and compare it to the Elite gamers lounge rankings. No need to guess.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Aldryn Another New Member

To be fair, it's an absolute beast of an event that's going to require a relatively large amount of time spent practicing and developing muscle memory. I think Machin Shin was next to see it on Saturday, February 9, and while that means it has been one and a half weeks, this event makes it "only" one and a half weeks.

Give dudes some time to adapt and figure out how it can be done with their play styles and roster layouts and I wouldn't be completely surprised if there's another win or two before it finally does get nerfed. Even if that's not the case, I don't blame anyone at all for wanting this to be left alone. Yeah, the thread was started by someone with an RoI tag, but there's at least one representative from all current top 10 guilds that want to see it in its original state (with the exception of maybe Ring of Valor(?), there are a handful of names I'm not familiar with) and no replies that I see from a glance that are in direct opposition.

Folks don't get to have it both ways. You can't claim RoI is only the top because of <every reason under the sun listed here> but then completely opt out and change the rule set when everyone else is presented with the same level playing field. I applaud them for asking it to be untouched so they can prove themselves just as much, and I hope to see more wins in the near future, real talk.

Humility is a lost art.
    FURROR, Pano, Thrillho and 6 others like this.
  15. Drpeppa Journeyman

Why would I do that to some no name never been ?
  16. Drpeppa Journeyman

This is an amazing post. And mic dropped at the end of it because Humility IS lost in the everquest community.

Every one not associated (or nearly every one) with the #1 guild wants to belittle their efforts an try to act like they themselves could have downed it under the same circumstances.

Yall downed it first time in T3. VERY commendable job. Now multiple guilds have seen it their first time in T3. And not a single 1 of them have downed it.

Time to put those ego's in check. 1 guild beat it first time in T3. So yall dont have any excuses what so ever now. Especially that every guild in T3 right now raids every day they can.

Too bad can't use the old "they raid around lock outs" yall had just as many (actually more now) attempts at that raid then they have. And still nadda.

Whats the excuses now ?
  17. Aldryn Another New Member

We have not. Since everything is on farm, we drop down to just Sundays. By the time we got to Mearatas, it was about 11:15PM ET (ish?) and people were ready to log out for sleep/work. We got a single run at it, had a few dumb mistakes and a sloppy transition toward the end, failed, and lost about a group of people logging out. As Goodurden said above, we'll start with T3 on Sunday instead of T1 -> T2 -> T3 to allot more time. I'm confident it'll go down with full numbers and awake players instead of a half-awake roster of 48 :p

(Seriously... we're old. Amirite, Klaian?)
    Marike, Orbital101, Astral64 and 2 others like this.
  18. Maedhros High King

To be fair, I suspect fewer people are aware of who you are if I was to "guess".
  19. Drpeppa Journeyman

Thats all I am asking. Whats the excuses now ?
  20. Drpeppa Journeyman

I'm not the one acting like I am some one / thing special. Remember there lil fella Humility.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.