Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It's amazing how my mind confused that well-known fact :)

So 250ms latency is equivalent to 1/4 of a second. So if we could only send one input at a time to the servers and had to wait for a response, we would only really get a meaningful 4 Frames Per Second?

Of course that's not entirely true, since we can send and receive multiple commands (maybe even asynchronously), and since the game client on our end continues to render animations with or without server input. But still, to me, this highlights how much of our actual perceived gameplay is an illusion (when compared to the actual actions being sent by your fingers and returned by the server). Some games do this a lot better than others :)
  2. recaztec New Member

Lisard is a masochist!
  3. kizant Augur

Balancing isn't just about keeping the HP of a few mobs in sync. It's about maximizing your own DPS for the parse. It's about getting just enough mana drains to keep druids off the parse while leaving them with enough to heal. It's about annoying your raid leaders just enough where it's entertaining but not so annoying that you're driving them to an early EQ retirement. There's many levels to consider.
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Wait, druids heal?
    alternatively..... druids do dps?
  5. Astral64 Augur

Druid is for sacrifice.
    Pano, Tolzol and Sancus like this.
  6. Qwestwic Augur

As long as it's not this one, I'm game.
    Ambition likes this.
  7. Tolzol Augur

Don’t worry she’s already been chosen
    Qwestwic likes this.
  8. Xeladom Augur

Sounds like the bug tied to the warrior ability Imperator's charge. Any AA that has a cast time longer than instant resets it, like Perfected IVU so you don't have to drop agro.
    Drogba likes this.
  9. Coas Lorekeeper

I foresee lag being used as an excuse in the future by guilds that will not be able to beat Mearatas before the nerf. This isn't an attack on anyone, I just want to nip this one in the bud. Trust me, we had our fair share of lag in every single attempt on the event, including the win. Spell bar counts down and completes, I move to a different area, spell is interrupted. Spell bar greyed out several times from lag spikes, moving out of an area in time and still getting hit by aes, etc. It was infuriating. We were hit with all of it. It is annoying, but it is not make or break with this event.
    Scornfire, Pano, Marike and 1 other person like this.
  10. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

11. Atvar Augur

I ended up cutting my clip plane down and turning off a lot of spell effects to try and be able to see what was going on during the event.

Even without lag, I found audio triggers to be worthless most of the time. The event mechanics are such that, if you're constantly waiting to be told what to do, you are doomed to fail.
  12. Drpeppa Journeyman

MS - 2019-02-09 (+10 days later,) these guys raid every day lock outs are up. (pls correct me if I am wrong)

Triton - 2019-02-15 (+4 days ) these guys raid almost every day they don't have lock outs. (pls correct me if I am wrong.)

CT - 2019-02-12 (+7 days ) these guys raid almost every day they dont have lock outs. (pls correct me if I am wrong)

SR - 2019-02-10 (+9days) these guys raid almost every day they dont have lock outs. (pls correct me if I am wrong)

Step right up, step right up.. place yo bets peoples .. who's gonna round out that top 5 ? hehe
  13. Bahdah Augur

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Astral64 Augur

15. p2aa Augur

In recent expansions, behind RoI, it was hard to distinguish what guild was more skilled than the other in the top 2-5, because the end event was easy. This event in its current form in this expansion will allow to answer to this question.
  16. ShadowMan Augur

Has RoI beaten this a second time? Or has it really been one stars aligned win by the top guild paired with some ego's before seeing the raid and now we wait a month longer in its current state?
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Kiev New Member

Because nothing speaks of e*pee*n like Blocking out 98 % of the playerbase just so RoI can have something to still feel good about in a 20 year old game.

The days of trying to be number 1 in this game is over.
    Is claiming to being king of a pile of sh*t still make you a king ?
    Or just some idiot sitting on a hill of sh*t ?

This game is long overdue for being balanced for the masses,
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Aw now Maed, it was my birthday, and I spent it in the ER for my poor hubs!
    Maedhros likes this.
  19. Slooty New Member

This event is awesome! yes lots of lag. well lag hits everyone and i highly doubt RoI didn't have their fair share of lag during the event as well. The reason we all failing the event. We have not figured it out yet! How many tells does RoI get daily for advice?. the question is rhetorical probably hundreds. soon enough this will be downed by a few more guilds then the nerfing will begin and soon be able to beaten by everybody. Until then let the showdown go on for the next few weeks and see who prevails.
  20. Lisard Silly

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Pano, Bahdah, Sancus and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.