Does /who all unrest not work anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evade, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Evade Augur

Haven't played EQ in 20 years but I firmly remember being able to type /who all unrest or /who all citymist to get a list of everyone in a particular zone. Now when I do it, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Is there a new and improved system in place that I'm not seeing?
  2. Horyuken Augur

They (SoE) changed commands that query the server a while back, they also have delays so you are only about to execute the command every 5 seconds or so. I believe when this change went live this functionality was removed.
  3. Nutterr New Member

i never remember being able to check any zone, unless you was currently in that zone. It must have been a brief feature, I played from 2000 until last year.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I remember that command -

I have not been able to get it to work for some time. The closest I can get is to /who bob all or /who warrior all but that can be limiting cause it will return all characters named bob or all warriors on in the entire game and which zone they are in and if too many are on then it's a huge list.

You could also put the person in your friends list and then when you do /who all friends it will show you where they are.

EDIT found this from an old post in 2013:

It was removed around same time they removed server population numbers.

To easy for Verants competition to analyse games population.
  5. Herf Augur

Thank god, I thought I was hallucinating. Yes, it used to work, but not for at least a decade, probably more.

Oh and server pop. numbers. I recall from back then that each server seemed able to sustain about 4k simultaneous players.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Remember that you can be more specific about names if you use parentheses. E.G. guild names having two ore more words, so you can search specifically for members of "Ring of Valor" instead of any player or guild member with Ring in the name.
    As for "/who all Warrior" giving too many results, you can also put additional qualifiers in the same string to narrow the search. If say, you wanted to get in contact with only max level Warriors to answer a class question, you can do "/who all Warrior 110" as well.
  7. MarttinPH Augur

It also works for a range of level /who all 60 65 works for all 60-65 inclusive.
  8. Baldur Augur

Didn't you used to be able to get a count as well?

/who all warrior count

/who all unrest count
  9. Nniki Augur

September 11, 2001 Game Update Notes
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Nniki likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that /who all <zonename> has never been available to players
  12. Xanadas Augur

Yeah - granted the game was simpler back then, but 20 year old hardware supporting over 2000 players at once was, lets be honest, a pretty amazing feat of programming.
  13. Zish Elder

You were *never* able to check specific zones outside of that zone on live.

This was a feature on private servers, though.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Heh more than likely now a days that old zone you are checking is completely empty. No camp checks needed!
  15. Kiev New Member

Wrong.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  16. Kiev New Member

It was as seen above.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can you provide some more details as to when this was possible other then saying it was?
  18. Kiev New Member

Look up in this post.
  19. Kiev New Member