Test Update 02/12/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Ok, understood. If anything comes up in the future the majority of the Test community would love to help and work with you if possible. Thank you for the quick response. Have a good day.
  2. klanderso Developer

Of course! And under normal circumstances I'm all for it :)
    xxGriff, Gyurika Godofwar and Quatr like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The items still show those as requirements, so it's just Master of TBL that was removed - not the base requirements.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

The new level 5.0 hybrid ring is 9539 HME.
    One 18, two 19 slots.
    The base requirements remain in place.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Dzarn have you reevaluated your stance related to the AA Scent of Terris changes you made?

I know you are probably sick of hearing about it and frankly I am sick about asking for it and how its all played out. Aristo does not have time to readjust everything impacted and waiting a year for a possibly updated spell version of Scent of Extinction to included needed changes of adding magic, restoring fire and adding in corruption debuffs is not kosher.

We have core magic dots that basically many have stopped using because of resists. We have core corruption dots that many have stopped using because of resists and the amount of mobs being flagged as summoned. We lose fire in many situations on top of this. Our slow and cripple has basically been taken away as its gone from a 12 second process to slow to a 30+ second process with fire and magic resists at times making it pointless.

The way you explained or framed your changes basically made it so it seemed this was a necro and only necro AA problem when in reality many others were in a similar boat just not hitting every checkpoint you listed as your rationale. Being theirs was based on an old item, or it is an item, or their debuff never had to evolve because their classes resist types used never changed or they saw growth to their spells base resist mods.

Wizards debuff stacks and works for the two main spell lines they use.
    Bards debuffs stack and works for all resists but corruption.
    Malosenete stacks with just about everything but Darkened Malo for all resists except corruption and disease.
    Darkened Malosenia stacks with just about everything but the spell Malo lines for all resists except corruption and disease.
    Order of Tash stacks with everything and debuffs for all primary enchanter lines being they use magic and chromatic.

This leaves us in a very bad spot being we already have ramp up time and now are the only class in game who can't effectively debuff mobs for the spell lines we rely on to do our primary job. So we now have to drop priority dot lines even when mobs are not immune. You don't see the issue with clerics or warriors or shadow knights or everyone else being able to debuff magic, fire, effectively and necros not? Or that every other caster can debuff mobs for their primary resist lines to go about their jobs?
  6. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

wait what? no thats not what he said at all. Read Ngreth's comments.

7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They used to require you to do Paragon/Champion of TBL (possibly Challenger - the full Master of the Burning Lands) before getting Level 5. THAT is what he's talking about being removed... He's not talking about removing things like the Collections, or the PoP Hunter, etc.
    Ngreth Thergn and Sancus like this.
  8. Angahran Augur

So not only were the level 5 evolving items drastically nerfed they also no longer give the AA ?
    If the AAs are given by the level 4 items this needs to be CLEARLY stated so people don't level these items and loose out.
    Are the new level 6 items going to be the same or better than the pre-nerfed level 5 or are we getting an additional level just to get an inferior item ?
  9. Morthakia Augur

Ngreth said no achievements required for level 5. There are still achievements required for level 2. I agree, it isn’t crystal clear, but that’s my takeaway based on the comments from folks here.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

see next 2 quotes
    Ding!
    Ding!
    No logic changes, only stats.
    As it is, even with those pauses and quirks, we feel that the healer mercenaries are TOO good and might leave these quirks in there to not continue to make them further overpowered. And by overpowered we mean, overpowered for an AI controlled being, NOT overpowered compared to a player, though they have one thing OP over a player, they don't run out of mana.

What message do you suggest? Most players won't read it unless it's flashing red text in the middle of the screen. There's nothing I can do about the issue at this point. I either have the level 5 items totally broken and useless to get to level 6, or... do what I did.
    The level 6 is what the 5's used to be.
  11. Jondalar Augur

This is simply not true. Healer mercs run out of mana all the time.
    Angahran and Riou like this.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I am experiencing very, very long load times after the server came up last night, usually is very fast. Guild Hall to Lobby was one [Lobby was spawned and a few people in it before I zoned to Guild Lobby]. The other was gating using Throne of Heroes from Shards Landing, took well over a minute, thought my machine locked up then it finally went through [more then a minute loading]. Other zones were also slow but those two where the most memorable last night.
  13. Warzon Elder

I know it's a long shot, but I literally just made/leveled up 35 halflings in the past six weeks, specifically chose halfling for the exp bonus going forward, I would have chosen wood elf if not for that. Could we get a free race change option on a limited cooldown maybe? Or at least a sale on race change tokens?
  14. Tucoh Augur

What in the hell are you doing with your life. creating a virtual furry-footed harem?
  15. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

You guys changed the game. Basically every single trash mob now has some nasty effect and mercs simply do not place nice with them. Not casting something or limiting their buffs is one thing but to flat out stop doing anything because they hang up on some script imo is garbage.

You are flat out wrong about healing merc mana even when going against mobs that only melee.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Even with 2 mercs (one on balance and the other on reactive) and para from beastlord as soon as it pops, I have to med for the merc to get mana long before anyone else in the group needs to med.

Any plans on doing anything to help the mercs survive the AEs in TBL?

Can you look at Merc logic as well please while you are adjusting them, really should be rezing, before buffing? :rolleyes:

Mercs are extremely inconsistant, though some of that maybe due to different skins, my beastlords healer merc and druids healer merc follow different paths and 1 lags a long way behind when both chars are running on auto folllow. Druids is an Alaran Spirit and the Beastlords is a DE Royal Guard.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Kinadorm Augur

Can you reconsider this change or at least grant exp to the affected characters when this goes live so they don't lose their level? For example if the character currently has a 10% bonus applied then their existing exp total should be increased by 10% when this change goes live so they remain where they were pre-patch.
  18. Sancus Augur

This has no affect on current xp totals.
  19. Herodotus Augur

Lots of ways to deal with loneliness.
  20. Dewey Augur

That may have been the intent, but that is not what is happening. Currently halfling, rogues, and warriors and losing xp on test. I have seen it in 3 different toons and have heard other people say the same.

I am curious on what makes you say otherwise. You are a mage on your profile. Did you look at your halfling experience before and after the patch?

A halfling rogue loses 75% xp in level 100.