Test Update 02/12/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Iheartradio New Member

Can some one give us an update on if and when RoS will go FTP on test I don't mind if it doesn't my self I just get tired of people asking about it and whining about it. Before people pipe and start talking about the beggars and how test is this or that let me say that a lot of us on test BUY expansion I my self bought RoS on 5 accounts and TBL so far on 2 accounts and a large portion of our players on test have TBL so that means they also bought it so keep that negativity to yourself. Also I am curious as to why the issues on test with the instances going down every 7 to 10 days hasn't been addressed or fixed. I have heard rumors that there may be a memory leak or something of the sort if so can this not be fixed? thank you in advance for any response given...if any is given...cause I see a lot of these comments unresponded to ...most of them actually. I sure wish Hudwolf was still part of the test community because he would at least communicate with people om test and LISTEN to them
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

The flagging (and item drop) increases for UF are pretty big! Is this the kind of change we could potentially expect for "future" TLP expacs with limited flag drops? E.g., VoA+
  3. jeskola pheerie

they basically stated in another post that Test and Live will match on free to play going forward, and only prior level cap expansions will be free to play. this means no free ROS until a level 115 expansion is released, so maybe December 2019 or December 2020. Another big middle finger to the Test Community, who they really don't seem to give a about anymore.
    Gyurika Godofwar and So Happy like this.
  4. So Happy Augur

DB definitely doesn't give a crap about people playing on Test. The last time I can actually remember anyone caring was back when PoP was out and you had to sub to play there. They still didn't fix stuff that was bugged but at least the Devs communicated with players to actively test stuff.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Iheartradio New Member

well I guess they need to close test and do their own damn testing then would be my suggestion and just let go to live and fix it as issues rise
  6. Iheartradio New Member

did they post previously about the instances dropping every 5 to 7 days or did that get ignored also ?
    jeskola likes this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

what kind of big we talking? 12, 24? Full raid?
  8. Gnomeland Augur

Test has become one of the most popular servers in recent times.

It had to be brought down in popularity for obvious reasons.

They don't want it to be an alternative to subscribing on Live.

Whether this change will accomplish that, it's hard to say.

My prediction is that it won't.
    So Happy likes this.
  9. So Happy Augur

They have acknowledged the problem, if that is what you mean. As far as fixing the server or establishing a weekly reset schedule to band-aid it, well that has been pretty much been ignored.
  10. So Happy Augur

Test server is better in almost every way than any live server I've played on.
  11. Morthakia Augur

I would love clarity on this as well.

- What’s HME of new Tier 5 evolving items?
    - How many Type 19 slots do they have?
    - Were the base achievements removed or simply the requirement to do Master of the Burning Lands to Evolve from T4 to T5.

Thanks!
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Jchan and Hludwolf cared about Test and the Test community. It's just been in the last year or so that Test has had a lot of issues with poor communication with the players and random policy changes over the last several years without warning or communication.

I have no problem with them letting us move our characters off Test if they would like to close it but the last time I talked to Jchan about that she said it would require a new method/app to move characters off Test to Live servers so that's probably not going to happen.

I can say between the lack of stability and the inability to do certain things because of that people are taking breaks from Test or are just extremely frustrated. Hopefully this isn't another 24+ hour downtime on a fix that went sideways.
    So Happy and xxGriff like this.
  13. svann Augur

Does evolving from 5 to 6 involve 2x the xp of 4 to 5?
  14. xxGriff Augur

If ur gonna rage quit... Can I have ur stuff?

Any update on what happened or possible ETA?
  15. klanderso Developer

RSN! (Really Soon Now!)

Sorry for the delay, I've been working on getting things fixed and it's finally ready. We're just running a couple final checks and everything will be nifty disco :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and xxGriff like this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Google says your speaking in Hawaiian ... rofl . Then again if you were you would say " ʻAʻole loa au e wāwahi i nā mea."
  17. Captain Video Augur

If the week-ahead monthly Test patches get copied straight to Live, and no reported bugs are fixed, people complain.

If at least some reported bugs are (hopefully) fixed and Test is brought down to install an updated patch or make back-end changes, people complain.

If they make it so you can't play current content on Test for free, that everyone on a Live server has to pay for, people complain.

It's funny to me how people who play on both Test and Live don't seem to be complaining.

Keep up the good work devs!!
    xxGriff and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. klanderso Developer

19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Can you give us some insight into what you were testing? Would you like us to test it for you and report to you either through /bug or comments here? We can be a pretty useful resource when utilized in that way. We helped Hludwolf test the 16th anniversary and 18th anniversary stuff and the advanced loot system before it went in.
    xxGriff and Pirlo like this.
  20. klanderso Developer

It was literally some back-end changes that won't be visible or be of any use.