Second class citizens.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Xanadas Augur

I'm done being treated like a second class citizen just because I want to play multiple accounts. People say if you want to be heard, speak with your wallet, so that's what I'm doing:

[IMG]
    Lion of God likes this.
  2. Evade Augur

I heard you can solo in WoW... go there? multiple boxing is absolutely stupid
  3. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Been so long, yet more box thread.

I miss box thread.
    [IMG]
  4. Vorkosh Journeyman

5. Bolten_DA Augur

No date. Not creditable, see ya at the new sever launch
    Tankz and Renshu like this.
  6. Xanadas Augur

[IMG]
  7. Bolten_DA Augur

Ok! That’s better! Let’s hope we see some changes. I wonder how much money daybreak would make if they sold a stream of the meetings where these decisions were made! The EQ network hahahaha! I think I'm on to something.
    Thalliius likes this.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Isn't there like 4x the amount of non true box servers vs true box servers?

But I'm sure this temper tantrum will show daybreak the error of their way.
  9. Kittany Augur

I mean no disrespect, Xanadas. But good luck in the next single player MMO game you decide to box in.
  10. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

I still have tears from the laughing. Thanks, it has been a long time since I laughed that hard.
    ch0rny likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

[IMG]

Make sure you cancel any "other" subscriptions related to everquest you might have.
    ch0rny likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I too miss the Fippy forums.
    yerm likes this.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

In all fairness boxing is probably why there is even still an EQ. The contributions of boxers once the mass exodus of players hit the genre are pretty big. Remember most if not all boxers were at one point in time solo/group players many of which were left behind when the mass exodus hit and turned to boxing as a means of progressing through the game.

Its not hard to see why people who love to box and love fresh server starts but hate true box code might be getting salty that there is not at least a biyearly release with non truebox code. If people hate boxers that much they can just avoid the one server every two years that does not have this code. It provides more inclusivity amongst the different playing styles which in turn keeps more players paying for the game and helps to ensure that everyone has EQ to play. Heck I am sure boxers would even be happy if the server code was a no drop server meaning nothing can be traded to cut down on over farming since the financial incentives would be lower as long as the true box code was removed.
    Umul likes this.
  14. Imdead Augur

Does this mean your spell website is going down again?
  15. Ceffener Augur

I feel like the email ends up sounding both clingy and ackward.
    andross77 likes this.
  16. Umul Augur

Wanna make Mangler challenging?

No truebox
    No focus effects
    Screw the xp, i'll take sh*t exp if I can box my toons from one pc. I would deal with a lot of poor choices for rules if this server wasn't truebox.
  17. Kittany Augur

It's hard to argue with your first point because in reality it's probably true. But, I also do think that it's also a few other factors added into that as well. But, that doesn't change the fact that EQ is starting to become a little more relevant in today's time. Especially with the TLP trend. I'm apt to believe that EQ's subscription numbers are; While not as strong as in it's hayday; sustainable.

The thing is, most people I know don't explicitly hate or even dislike boxers. What the stubbed toe issue is in many cases, it's the negativity that comes along with it. On a near empty or low population server, it's understandable. But when you have a thriving, growing population, there should be no real reason to 'box' under those pretenses.

The negativity that I mentioned is of course the RMT. It's toxic to both the community, economy and the server in general. I'm fairly sure you know my opinion on the RMT people and that's something that I will not back down from. But we're not here to discuss that yet again.

Imagine this scenario. A returning player or a new player joins a fresh high population server with no truebox code. They piddle around the first few levels and after a while, they start to see all the box armies running around. They have a difficult time finding a group because nobody is social and they cannot afford gear because all the prices are inflated with krono. So, the person has a choice to make. Join them, find another server or ultimately just go find another game that is more friendly.

It's perhaps also a cultural thing in that regard. Using the scenario from above, if the said person is from WoW, there is a stigma against boxers/botters there. Many people have had negative experiences with them and that carries over.
    andross77 likes this.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

Even with all of that being said if they launched biyearly non true box servers along with the standard yearly true box servers those players that you mention will have choices. The choice to play on the true box server or on the biyearly non truebox server. If they pick the non truebox server when they have the option to play on true box and then complain it's either a problem with how the servers were advertised or a problem with comprehension. If it's the later odds are they are going to find other issues with a game that's this old. If it's the former the community needs to speak up and ask that server details be outlined more clearly.
  19. ch0rny Elder

Nobody who makes a drama-queen announcement that they are leaving EQ is actually leaving EQ. Like it's hard to instantly re-sub. See you on one of the new servers, bruh. I'll be on Mangler.
    andross77 likes this.
  20. Evade Augur

How is allowing an army of boxed wizards challenging? Besides, your fellow boxers say they can bypass truebox anyway. Maybe you're doing something wrong?
    andross77 and ch0rny like this.