Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risiko Augur

I appreciate and respect your opinions. Thank you for the feedback.
  2. Mr Nobody Elder

Risiko and his high agility...:D
    Risiko likes this.
  3. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

You really need to learn how corporations work and how to generate feedback that is useful and not just sperg out making multiple threads and fake twitter accounts trying to push your agenda.
    yerm and Grogak like this.
  4. Ceffener Augur

DBG probably should take a lesson in listening to their fan base after all the backlash in 2015 of no instances and bashing casuals in interviews....
  5. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Some users should also realize that they are just flooding the field with garbage and sniffing their own self importance and step back a bit. That sure isn't going to happen.

Nothing quite like having a guy that said he will never play on a TLP again and frequently quits them around the Velious stage is trying to be the voice of the people here.
    Grogak and Thalliius like this.
  6. SuinegFoH Lorekeeper

Fans also are notorious for not knowing what they want or only thinking about the impact on just them and not what will maintain a larger community.

The amount of bespoke rulesets I saw bandied back and forth in debates prior to the server announcements was astronomical.
    Grogak and Thalliius like this.
  7. Bolten_DA Augur

You are right about fans maybe not knowing what they want. You can bet your #$##@ they know what they dont like! I think that is the real discussion here.
  8. Random_tank Apprentice

Maybe I don't understand what Causal means. Because dang, 1 month to get from scratch level 1 to 60 and start in to PoP on a Casual server is just bananas.

Doubling the faction gains, and cutting the time by a third is not making a server more casual.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  9. Grok Augur

Want to play : Classic start, 12 weeks unlock, Agnarr xp levels, Truebox
    Don't want, but will play : Trilogy start, FV loot rules
    Refuse to play : < 8 week unlock, < Coirnav xp levels, Poobox
    Risiko likes this.
  10. Sethiroth Augur

There you go, I fixed it for you.
  11. Remind Journeyman

While the names do seem backwards. Selos sounds great for the most part. Starting in Luclin is awesome. I sure dont want to do classic through Velious again. Would love to play some of the other expansions that TLPs never reach cause the server dies. And no need for FV loot either. I love no drop.
  12. ADDANOTHERSERVER New Member

I am hoping this doesn't fall on deaf ears or blind eyes I guess. If the devs really want to make an awesome experience for the hardcore Everquest adventurer why not make the server so that you are "keyed" for the next expansion once you beat the previous one with or without a lockout timer. I think the point missed here is that the hardcore Everquest adventurer wants to "race" through the expansions. I know that would take some coding and some people would be able to access zones others can't, but that would truely turn into a "hardcore racing server" I know from experience that the hardcore guilds want to be the server first. Lets see how fast a guild can go through Everquest. There are so many things that you can do with this. For example make the server unlock the next expansion on a time schedule, but if you are keyed for the 3 expansions ahead of the server you can keep rolling.

For the casual server take the Mangler server and make exp at live server rates or close to that. The casual Everquest adventurer wants to be max level and wants to raid 2-3 times a week and still wants to see all of the content Everquest has to offer. The casual player doesn't have the time to dedicate to this game for whatever reasons. This doesn't mean that the casual player is less than the hardcore player. With all things equal the casual guild can kill a raid mob just as effectively as a hardcore one does. Take Lockjaw for example. The current top guild on that server is a casual guild. They just beat Mayong (server first and only) while raiding 3 times a week and have been doing that since day one on that server.

I hope someone takes all of the feedback posted on the forums and sees that the community is excited about a 20th anniversary server, but some tweeks are needed. Make these 2 servers something the entire community is proud of.
  13. Thalliius Augur

Sorry buddy but you don’t speak for the majority of players.

I played for 6 or so years on FV. It was fun and all, but it was an RMT cesspool where guilds were run like businesses. If they want to put FV rules in place then do it on Mangler so that it has a population of more than 10 people
    Pippi Langstrømpe and Grogak like this.
  14. LittleBrumski Augur

They really "mangled" that one. There is no incentive to be 'hardcore' at all if it is only a slower version of Corinav. (sigh) . If they had had FT or 24 hour timers on it, that would really get some people thinking about the slow xp vs. reward.
  15. Mr Nobody Elder

Yeah for reals...its the 20th anniversary! Selo is great for what it is...a hardcore racing server. I love that they thought outside of the box. Mangle is not special. The opposite.
  16. Sethiroth Augur

The server will just be like a live server within six months or so, with a small population and a load of empty zones
  17. LittleBrumski Augur

Can't believe they don't have FT on either server.
  18. Sethiroth Augur

Hardcore raiders are excited for it. The casual players whom the server is supposedly designed for are mostly pi$$ed off because they have been shafted.
    Lakeland likes this.
  19. Sethiroth Augur

As it stands, I won’t be playing, period.

Mangler is hot garbage, no one wants slow exp.
    Selos would be amazing with 3 month unlocks, but with 1 month unlocks as a casual player, is untenable
  20. FarHelm1 Elder

I don't mind the slow exp, but this is basically Phinigel 3.0. Lets get some FV rules at least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.