Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill Augur

Really? And that's the best they could come up with? :eek:
  2. Craftbrews New Member

I have to agree with everyone here.

I am bringing back a guild of 30 people for the new servers who want to experience Classic, Kunark, and Velious. 12 people in our guild have never played EQ before and we sold them on rolling on new TLP servers expressly anticipating that Classic, Kunark, and Velious would be playable. Mangler is off the table because of the XP rates and the fact that no one will be playing on that server within 4 months.

Here are the rules we'd be excited for on Selo:

Casual Server Wishlist:
    • Classic or Kunark Start
    • 8 - 12 week unlocks
    • FV loot/character limit rules
    • Fast (agnarr or better) experience rate
    • Fast faction gain
    If there aren't major changes to the Selo server ruleset, we're not going to sub or roll on TLP. We'll just wait for Classic WoW to release in the summer.

Edit:

I also liked someone's suggestion of renaming Mangler the casual server and Selo the hardcore server. Up the XP rate gain on Mangler to Agnarr or Agnarr+ levels, do a Classic start with 8 week expansion unlocks and we will dump money in your laps. Selo is so far from what we want as casual players, it's way better suited to hardcore progression junkies..
    beefeater_dp and FubarEQ like this.
  3. a_librarian Augur

It kind of feels like a not so subtle joke directed at the 'hardcore' element of the server.
    chumpy likes this.
  4. northstar Augur

So your trying to Highjack people here who do play by demanding a specific server rulesets?? ok. Enjoy WoW no offense but I have seen 1 person box more than 30 people..... just saying
  5. Jontrann Augur

Hes probably not lying you know? I have about 8 friends irl that were all going to play the new TLP and guess what? We aren't interested now. The rulesets were absolutely atrocious.
    Umul likes this.
  6. FubarEQ Journeyman

To be ultra casual selo's needs at least 10-12 week unlocks. 4 weeks is hardcore no matter how fast the exp, instance locks, and rare spawns are. Huge miss by DBG.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  7. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

i think Selos idea is new and will be fun

i do not like the idea of Mangler being pretty much what we've already had, just lower xp, i think raising the xp on mangler would be better
    Haeldar likes this.
  8. northstar Augur

That's all fine and dandy. But some people have been here a long time heck I do have over 30 of my own accounts that is no lie. Some people have way more than that and while the rule set isn't for the majority there are still people willing to play them but to come in and demand a specific rule set while "most" of you are not currently subbed here is pretty freaking Ballzy. Yeah I get it you want to play on a new server we all do... Mostly.
  9. FubarEQ Journeyman

Selos: 2-3 month unlocks
    Mangler: Coirnav-Agnarr exp, FV loot, keep the higher exp death penalty.

Both servers are wins.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  10. Harris77 New Member

I think the underwhelming amount of guild recruitment going on today, after how hype we all were for weeks anticipating this (disappointing) announcement, is pretty telling.

Really hoping they take all of this feedback into consideration and give us a better server(s). I was pretty excited for the ultra casual server.... that as of right now does not exist.
  11. Geoux Lorekeeper

Adding my two cents into this thread while it might still count. I think the idea for the set of a server is mostly on the money. In my personal opinion, it would be best if you added FV Trading and change the unlock timer to 4 months. One month is too damn fast. I realize I'm probably in the minority for a four-month lockout instead of three, but that's just my personal thought on it.

Mangler is a complete wash. Standard phinigel rules but with slower EXP? I don't see any attraction to this at all.
    Planeofhaters likes this.
  12. Xeldon New Member

Add FV loot rules to at least one server....I hate live, at least give us a TLP version of it...Make a third server if you have to. Heck make 20 servers and give us 20 options....
  13. ForumBoss Augur

It's good to see that there are so many people posting, it shows a high interest level in getting a new tlp with a sensible, yet interesting rule set. Let's hope some of the input is considered.
  14. northstar Augur

What's with Having FV loot rules... Brekt Has FV loot rules and no one is on that server... TLP with FV loot is going to be a nightmare with Raid Farmers selling all their High ticket items for what 15KR?? Great very casually expensive$$$$... I rather see all gear 100% Bound and the only tradeable items would be from tradeskills...
    Thalliius and ch0rny like this.
  15. Xeris Augur

Why not just use Quill's idea... with a new era locked server. Or, play the fast server if you want to get to live. Agnarr's doing great in an era locked setting. Let's get more of those locked at different eras so people can stay in the times they enjoyed without falling behind.
    TimeBreak and northstar like this.
  16. northstar Augur

Finally!!! This is exactly what is needed...
  17. Xeldon New Member

Mangler is pointless. Everything no trade would even be better....At least have something unique here.
  18. ForumBoss Augur

Brekt has no AoC's, so there is no reason to play there over FV.

It isnt a big problem on FV, where I have also raided. Guilds collect all gear, blast through raids, and auction it off at the end. Rots and alt loots are able to be sold if you want, but I haven't seen a case of main gear being sold unless someone quits eq, in which case they'd be deguilded if they sold out anyway. Plenty of people quit and sold their accounts on phinigel when I played as well. It's mostly a bonus for non raiders, as you can casually save up some plat and pick up something fun like a raid weapon or shield.
  19. azathoth.elder New Member

One month unlocks on a "Casual" server is insane. You should be near BIS before unlocking the next expansion and doing that inside a month is the opposite of casual.

Why the "hardcore" server isn't PvP is beyond me.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  20. Kalamir Journeyman

Here's my constructive feedback for you Daybreak;

For Selo's - Change this to 2 months between unlock for new expacs that involve a level cap increase. 1mo is too short to not feel like you're spending upwards of 1/2 of the time in that expac just level grinding. Also, remove the 'casual' (rolling my eyes here) 3.5 day lockouts and also remove the account-wide lockout too. 7 days is fine if you push out expac unlocks by 1 month, but it's always been silly that it's account wide. I get that is purely there to force players to have a secondary account if we're going to raid on multiple toons (hi more subs). But from a customer quality of life standpoint, it's rediculous and unnecessary.

Mangler - First, change the name, it's awful. Secondly, there's nothing "hardcore" about this. It's just overly punishing and not in a fun way. Focus Effects are actually *really* smart, and serve a great purpose in Classic+. A lot of very mediocre or even useless items became good and worth the time to aquire. Either go all-in and make it as close to classic as possible, or find another way to make it "hardcore". Perhaps Classic era exp rates, 3mo unlocks, no AoC's, and limit raids to 32 (or so) players. Anyone can topple any raid content with 72 toons (50ish to be more realistic). To top it off, enforce your no-box policy better here. The amount of people boxing and botting on previous TLP's where it was allegedy a no-box was through the roof. This floods the market with excessive amounts of high-end and rare loot that should be far harder to come by.

Lastly - You guys have had polls for names & general rulesets in the past. I hope you guys learn from Coirnav and now Selo's/Mangler that you should get a much better idea from the player base on what we're excited for. You'll never please everyone, but in the case of these last three servers, you guys have really dropped the ball from what the masses were hoping for. We all want EQ to thrive and TLP players surely provide EQ a good boost in revenue, so doing it right is a win/win for everyone.
    ForumBoss and Haeldar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.