Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voidtek1969 Lorekeeper

Mangler won't even make it out of the starting gate. DBG trying too hard to grab those xp pot sales, people ain't falling for it this time.
  2. a_librarian Augur

They weren't clear about how the xp rate would grow at the usual TLP milestones (GoD and TSS are two that I'm aware of) but I hope the rate ends up equal to double the regular live rate, and all the other factors are doubled as well. That would help compensate for the truebox and required subscription aspects of the server.
  3. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

just follow a simple formula of a casual server with everything instant +50% (exp, faction, rares) and everything not instant like expansion unlocks -50% from the original game settings and schedule.

hardcore formula, for those who have been on every TLP since the they started should basically get what they have been continuing to play but with whatever these veterans are asking for tbh.
  4. Crayon123 Augur

It worked before because there were no other options, now people are guilded on Phinigel, Agnarr and Coirnav with long time friends and guildmates.

You're right, it's not gonna work on a large scale again. People have seen the writing on the wall with these annual TLP launches devaluing their time and effort invested in their toons.
  5. ForumBoss Augur

Selo's isn't far off, it just needs FV trade rules at a minimum. I'd also prefer 1.5-2 months per expansion. 1 month is fine for LDON, LoY, PoR, and whatever crappy ones I forgot. I'm just hoping there are some guilds that don't require 40 hours of raids per week, which the lockout and unlock schedule will encourage.
    Sennik Jevest and Crayon123 like this.
  6. TimeBreak Elder

Wish everyone would get back to the Constructive part of this thread instead of bickering about what is casual or hardcore.

Actual constructive feedback:
    Selos: increase xpac unlocks to 2 or 3 months
    Mangler: increase xp rate to be similar to Selos but with everything else as stated (Classic, unlock timers, penalties, etc.)
  7. northstar Augur

at this point unless it is some form of TSS or SoD server lock I will be on Agnarr you are right people are pretty Set now with what ever they want to play on. they can only take these progression server so far because at this stage. it seems Hardcores will be on Selos. few people on Mangler and everyone else still doing what they are doing... only thing that I can think of to shake everything up is the Resurrection of Al'Kabor into a separate server for everyone from PC, Mac, and Mobile users. that's about it.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

Hang out for a few days and see how they modify the server rules, we may be pleasantly surprised.
  9. northstar Augur

Oh I will just tired, Optimism and EQ.... LOL!!!!! no really though. I am hoping they seriously give people what they want to be honest I wish it was one server. cause splitting the community kind of sucks. and even with the racers going after their targets it would be nice if one server could bring everyone to the table and not divide us into two different community's
  10. malaki Augur

Almost nobody that's "hardcore" wants 3 month unlocks. Like nobody does. It's awful.
  11. Brunlin Augur

Because the fast server is more suited for hard core raiding, and less suited for casuals
  12. Aurastrider Augur

It will be interesting for sure to see how it plays out. The thing about players on live vs TLP is the vast philosophy differences in general about boxing and I am not just talking about 3rd party program use but the fact that people cant even alt tab or just get a very large screen and shrink down several windows on one monitor and one pc to box. Its going to be a very hard sell to attract the majority of boxers over to any true box server from the current live population once any of these servers get there. It might not sound like a big deal currently but down the road some of these true box servers are going to suffer from a stagnant population and they will need something to lure both boxers and non boxers over. I understand the frustration with mass boxers on the TLP end but on live I think most of the boxers even the mass boxers are a different animal. Most are not interested in dps races, monopolizing camps for days, and some are even willing to add a random and help them with a quest or get a rare named kill that they need just because they can. As the ol' saying goes only time will tell though. If the server populations are still high this is a non issue but if they peak and start to crash I suspect the true box code will be the primary issue from attracting players from the live servers when it gets to this point.
  13. Risiko Augur

^^^ This.

To fix the Selo server:
    1. Refer to it as the "hardcore server"
    2. That's it.

To fix the Mangler server:
    1. Refer to it as the "casual server"
    2. Up the experience rate to Agnar server's rate
    3. Increase faction gain
    4. Increase rare spawn rate
    5. Set experience loss upon death to what it is on every other server
    6. Remove keys/flags for all content
  14. northstar Augur

^ this is what would be cool something EVERYONE can enjoy. from Hardcore, to Solo'r to Casual, To Boxing... all of it....
  15. Umul Augur

They have two choices.

Rebrand Mangler. Either make it Selo 2.0 starting in classic. You can lower the xp to RF/Agnarr levels and it'll be fine.

Or

Finish your thought and make Mangler challenging . No focus effects is a great start. Awful experience does nothing but annoy your players. Keep the death penalties. Maybe make the penalty way more severe? Maybe every Rare spawn that is affected by selo's increased spawn rate has a group level MoTM on the Mangler server? Camping buffed rare spawns with no focus effects would increase the difficutly level. Making it take 20 hours longer to get to PoH is just obnoxious.
  16. TimeBreak Elder

I agree; after many other TLPS starting in classic, 3 month unlocks were still too long. But 1 month unlocks are just too fast, especially starting in an AA expansion at that. To start from scratch and level, AA, and gear prior to PoP opening is ridiculous. Could I do it right now on Agnarr, yes with ease, but that do to max lvl and AA and ability to powerlevel xp and gear. To think that starting with absolutely nothing, not 1cp, and that you'll be fully lvl'd, adequate AA, and adequate gear is crazy. And let's be honest, it won't just be 1 main, you'll need the lvl's, AA's and gear on 1 or multiple boxes. The lvl's and AA may be possible, but trying to gear multiple toons just aint gonna happen.

2 months seems like a much better compromise, not the 3 month drag, not the lightening quick 1 month.
  17. Rowanoak Elder

My preference would be for Hardcore:
    NO truebox
    2month unlocks starting in classic with no AoCs
    Slow Xp, and strong death penalties are ok here

Casual Ruleset:
    Truebox
    3month unlocks starting in classic with AoCs
    Fast Xp, Increased Rares, Increased Faction
    No account-wide lockout
  18. Quill Augur

One thing they can start with is coming up with better names.

Selo at least makes sense, but The Mangler sounds like a Z movie horror villain or a really bad pro wrestler. Is that actually an NPC in game? Must have missed that fight.

Honestly, I don't see why we need two servers if this is the setup. Simply do the following to Selo:
    • Regular Boxing
    • Basic Mercs(A1-A5, J1) buyable in PoP when it goes Live. SOD goes live in like a year, is it really going to matter that much on this particular server? Hardcore gets their race, Casuals should get grouping independence.
    • FV Loot
    • Removal of all keying pre-PoP.
    Now you have the full casual catnip while already having the fast xp/spawns/faction.

Everything else keep the same. The server now has a fast unlock challenge for the Hardcore, while casuals never need worry about LFG, particularly in later expansions.. can buy raid gear as needed, and can simply dink around in each expansion. Lets not be under the sheer fantasy that they'll be rolling endgame, no matter the unlock schedule. Even then, without the keys they can simply be a number to see the raids, if that's how they roll.

And then you can ditch 'The Mangler' server. If its popular, simply make a second Selo.

On the bright side, this whole dividing of the population based on vague terms idea that everybody seems to have a different answer for, can be laughed at and forgotten.

Oh... and they should be plain and clear that if you are seen boxing an army(more than 6) on this server, that they'll ban an army. Make a couple examples out of some folks, and you won't have to do it again. And If you're really skittish, simply make it a 3 day ban for them to think about it, with the second ban for life. You get your box army banned once, and people will fall into line on what won't be tolerated.

Boxing up to a single group should be acceptable, though. Its not like that doesn't happen anyways with True Box.
  19. Haeldar New Member

I'm very much looking forward to playing on Selo's. Happy to see it launching with Luclin (tired of out leveling so many good Kunark and Velious zones before they unlock), faster xp rate, and I like the shorter unlocks. I'd also be fine with 2 month unlocks, but 3 months was just too long. Very excited and can't wait to play again!
  20. a_librarian Augur

Mangler is a NPC's pet wolf in Rivervale. It hangs out in the back room of the blacksmith shop and will attack anybody that runs in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.