Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thalliius Augur

yea cause a "casual" sever with slower XP and harsher death penalties is exactly what they want

Do you hear yourself?
    Evade likes this.
  2. malaki Augur

People are confusing hardcore and masochistic. Nobody wants slower than Phinny/Cornaiv XP rates. Most high playtime players want fast unlocks and plenty of raids.
    SweetLaxTho and Risiko like this.
  3. Syntax New Member

Please don't skip the classic, kunark, velious content the on the "casual" server. Starting at Luclin right away is skipping the only reason I play on these servers. Also increase the content unlock timers to 2+ months, one month is incredibly fast and will not give enough time to enjoy the current content.

Alternately just speed up the XP on Mangler and it would be decent.
    Evade and Risiko like this.
  4. dwiguslowater New Member

Please give us fv loot rules on one server or make one non-true box (or both)!!! Thanks for listening to our feedback =)
    ForumBoss likes this.
  5. northstar Augur

perfectly clear, there is an advantage to slower exp that is part of EQ dynamics that got brainwashed out of people from playing WoW.... the fact is slower exp allows for skill capping and better experience from grouping with others... as for no focus effects I say good! it will be like just "Normal" EQ was back when I played in 2001... ya know before wow, before team speak... before google.... that sort of thing... thank god!
  6. a_librarian Augur

I haven't seen them say the exact boost to rares and faction the server will have. I'd assume double but it could be much less, unless they've come out and said the % somewhere?
  7. SweetLaxTho Elder

**This** +1 month on leveling xpacs but at least this
  8. Terses Half Elf Warrior of Tarew Marr

my two cents, is just that I think there is clearly a disconnect in definitions of "hardcore" between the community and DB.
    to DayBreak, hardcore is a system definition- its slower, slower xp, more painful\punishing to play.
    to the community, hardcore is how you play- you min/max, you level fast, then raid hard\poopsock\whatever.

Of the two, I like DB's idea of "Casual" - faster xp, quicker unlocks. But with 1 month unlocks, I don't know why they don't just start in Classic. 4 weeks of classic, 4 of kunark, 4 of velious. I'm tired of most that content, but even I could keep myself entertained for that long.

I knew it wouldn't happen, but i was really hoping they'd figure out merc unlocks in classic for the ultra casual server, but I just don't think that is even in their toolset. They just move up or down the sliders for unlock time and xp bonus\penalty. And FV loot, how they made that server work has probably been lost to the ages and no one knows anymore what black magic they used to make it in the first place.

All that said, I think i'll lean towards Selos even as a casual player, because I don't want to spend that much time leveling up even if I don't want to poopsock or not sleep till everything is on farm mode. Hopefully there will just be some friendly guilds that want to just have fun. But part of me will miss not growing through the 3 months of trilogy. But missing it will be less painful than not seeing Luclin for what? 9 months? no thanks, I don't think i'd last that and just burn out and quit before Luclin again.

in summary, imho, selos is fine, just wish it did actually start in classic. Mangler, not my cup of tea, there seems to be a disconnect between DB and the community on what "hardcore" means and what those who identify in that way in the community want in a rule set.
    chumpy likes this.
  9. Ceffener Augur

But is normal EQ from 2001 casual? No. So Mangler doesn’t work as the casual server either.

And google came out in 1998, Allkahzam was already a site when you started.
    Eangel likes this.
  10. Jefro New Member

Selos sound perfect, however if you dont tweak the xpac unlock rate to at least 2 months i won't play it, 2 months sounds good for casual, 1 month is just way too fast I won't bother. Which means majority of us will probably just quit including me.
    Barton likes this.
  11. northstar Augur

its causal unless they put in the 1 week timers for NToV's and Kunark mobs and no spawning Ragefire with a NPC.....
  12. Evade Augur

Oh thank god, please fix. I hope I didn't just resub for nothing
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  13. Umul Augur

Classic with all the boosts on Selo would be very casual, but then its not a challenge server.

I like no focus effects tbh, I think that's kinda cool. It will make the content harder to some degree. I'll probably like Mangler if they revisit the xp rate.
  14. MacSandy New Member

So True, I don't think DBG has the Time, Talent or the Desire to make real tweeks to the code that would make a real difference. It's faster to just change some global options that will magically make the servers worth playing by one group and not another.
  15. Trevalon Augur

I see 2 Main choices DBG has to have some successful servers:

1) Change Selo's to 2 month unlocks (or 10 weeks IMO)

or

2) Increase Mangler's EXP to that of Agnarr or Selo's and take back some of the penalties of the server.

Either of those things would be acceptable I think to many people
    Risiko, TimeBreak, Renshu and 2 others like this.
  16. taliefer Augur

i'd be down for mangler if it was truly a slower paced server. give us a lengthy period of time between expansions, and a server with slow exp is fine. dont feel the pressure to level in time to experience the content. but a phinigel/coirnav clone with slower exp is just bad all around

removing focus effects is pretty insignificant imo, since they were back added so haphazardly to gear pre luclin.
  17. Crayon123 Augur

Need to make Selo's 2 month unlocks

-- OR --

Change Mangler to be a Selo's clone with 3 month unlocks and no extra penalties
    Risiko, Barton and Renshu like this.
  18. Sybn New Member

I am more for server #3 something locked at X-Expansion don't care which one just lock it... but there isn't one so...
  19. Evade Augur

If you want to start at Luclin, just play on Coirnav its at Luclin now
    Risiko and Barton like this.
  20. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

AGNAR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.