Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotwar Gotcharms

Mearatas, the true final event in TBL, is slated to be nerfed in the upcoming Test patch.

This thread kindly pleads with the development team to hold off on these changes for Live.

Mearatas is, without question, one of the most difficult and mechanically intensive events in recent memory. It's also by far the most rewarding event we've had in years.

I was pretty vocal about Mearatas needing some "fixes" after seeing it. For a while we weren't even sure it could be beaten. But through perserverance, time, and an abundance of skill and coordination, we pulled through.

If Realm of Insanity could do it, I'd really like to see other guilds get the opportunity to do it too.

The raw difficulty of this event is something that a lot of the guilds in the "Top 10" would like to experience, and I think it's the right call to allow them to do so. The feedback coming from the few guilds that have seen it seems to fall in line with that thinking - we really, really like Mearatas, and would enjoy seeing it remain in its current form for the time being.

Please, hold off on the nerfs. They absolutely should go in. Just not yet. Let everyone pull their hair out for a while for a chance at a win. The payoff is totally worth it.

Feel free to voice your support* of keeping this event as-is for the time being, and revisiting the nerfs in the next patch or two.

*Note that forum moderation has seemed to be very strict of late, and I'd like to keep this open by following the rules. As such, this is not a petition or poll. It's a discussion on why the event should be left in its current form. Please keep that in mind when posting.

#dontnerfmearatas
    Pirlo, Littlelegs, Cailen and 9 others like this.
  2. Pano Augur

3. Thrillho Augur

Agreed. Leave it as it is for the time being. It's winnable, albeit with considerable effort. It's the last event in the last zone of the latest expansion - keeping it as it is right now doesn't restrict anything beyond a checkmark and some gear.

I'm truly enjoying this one, and I'd hate to see it gutted before I beat it.
    Cailen, Brohg, Pano and 2 others like this.
  4. Drogba Augur

People are always so keen so say how much better their guild is if it weren't for raiding lockouts, give them all a few weeks on this one to let them know where they really stand.
    Whulfgar, Coas and FURROR like this.
  5. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I refuse to be outnimbus'd by the likes of Drogba. Bring my server back up damnit!
    Pirlo, Cailen, Drogba and 2 others like this.
  6. Atvar Augur

It's been 5 years since PoWar raid, and was nerfed after just 2 kills.
    It's been 7 years since Triunity, which at least lasted 3 months from first kill to nerfed, and allowed 5 other guilds to beat it before that.

It's a shame to see that most guilds won't even have the chance to really work on it before getting the kid's gloves version. Pushing the nerf back just a month would give ample time for the rest of the top 5 raiding guilds to truly have a go at it and distinguish themselves.
  7. Brohg Augur

Triune God was an awful event, and even after multiple nerfs is just super super bad. Insanely long and like 30 too many, nearly opaque mechanics. Please let's not use Triune God as an example of how anything should be or should be developed.

Since the changes are balance fixes not mechanical, leaving Mearatas full power through to the March patch feels appropriate given when the also-rans will complete their flagging to see it.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  8. Sancus Augur

I fully support this.

It's worth noting that the march patch is actually a week early (the 13th). I think giving three extra weeks with the current version is more than reasonable.
    gotwar, Pirlo, Bigstomp and 3 others like this.
  9. Atvar Augur

You're saying you want the final boss of the expansion to be a participation trophy. At least give the people that want a chance to prove themselves the time to actually do so. Without raiding lockouts, this raid is only now just coming available to most guilds.

I'm not disagreeing with 2 hour triunity raids being insane. I'm glad they did tone it back eventually, but the final boss of an expansion should be a step above the rest.
    Pano likes this.
  10. Maedhros High King

Postpone the nerf til March please.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Guess I missed some serious sniping during work today if that thread was locked, as it was pretty tame.

But getting it nerfed this quick is kinda bad. Nothing worse than having an event you are " " close to beating nerfed out from under you. People just got flagged for t3 in the past week, only a couple guilds, why not leave as is for one month at least?
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

But let's be serious, its on test, means its going live. You guys have a week to beat it.
  13. Axxius Augur

Would love to see the initial version of the event and have a chance to beat it. What's the rush? It's not broken, just overtuned. Never seeing PoWar 1.0 was bad enough, now we are going to miss Mearatas 1.0 just because we don't raid lockouts. :(
    Sokki likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

Nope, nothing about what I've said even remotely suggests that.

The rest of your post is repeating nearly verbatim all the points I made.

Pirlo likes this.
  15. InnerDruid New Member

It's hard to find a general who thinks the promotion process has a problem.

It's hard to find an A-list actor who doesn't think they are where they are entirely due to skill and talent.

It's hard to find an MMO player who spends nearly every waking moment online, and raids four times a week or more, who believes they aren't just naturally more talented than someone who only raids 2-3 nights a week.
    Graves likes this.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

make a normal version and a hard mode!
    Whulfgar and gotwar like this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Except we raid 1 time a week, for 2-3 hours for 80% of the year. And raid 3 times every two weeks for like an hour or two for most of the rest. This is the first time in a long time we had to raid several days in a row to beat something. So you got us, we raided 5 days in one week. But now we're back to 1 day a week raids.

But keep telling yourself whatever excuses you want, if that's what you need to do. The top guild(s) have a built in advantage: good players gravitate towards them. That's it.
  18. Atvar Augur

You literally said that The Triune God, aka the last raid that guilds actually attempted and beat pre-nerf, should never be developed. It only took 3 days to beat. Plane of War was more difficult and took longer than 3 days. Meeratas was about the same difficulty as Triune God and took 6 days to beat.

The race for first is over, but I'd love to see if anyone else can manage it and at least be able to discuss before the chance is gone forever.
    Axxius likes this.
  19. Coas Lorekeeper

You really need to leave this raid untouched for another patch or two. If you nerf it this quick, you're going to upset a LOT of people that want the opportunity to beat a legitimately difficult event. Plane of War was the last truly difficult raid you gave us, and we only had that one for a very short time before it was reduced to creampuff mode. Beating Mearatas was the most fun I have had in this game in YEARS. The last truly fun raid before that (in my opinion) was plane of war, because we didn't walk in and push it over.

Please, if you value the competitive people remaining in this game, leave it be for a little longer.
    Axxius, Tolzol, Bigstomp and 2 others like this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Can't wait to see which guilds the first to say..

Aww shucks partner.. we could have beaten it too.. in its alpha form.. If they just gave us time to not suck..
    Littlelegs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.