No corpse runs on Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Locnar, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Locnar Journeyman

What is supposed to be hardcore about it? Am I reading this right? This is just a server with super slow xp? Not even pvp enabled?

/perplexed

Put corpse runs on Mangler to at least make it unique and true to its name as a hardcore server.
  2. code-zero Augur

You're getting a very harsh experience penalty from what I can determine. That's going to more than offset your disappointment with not having to beg for a SoW
  3. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

Correct, DBG believes Hardcore=Gouging out your own eyes....
    Also Ultra-Casual=No one gets gear before the next Expansion drops.
  4. Locnar Journeyman

Begging for a sow and needing help to get your corpse leads to interdependence and community. Knowing one day you will probably need the help of others to get your corpse maybe the single greatest thing that fosters community in this game. You have to NEED other players.

You don't NEED other players if all you have to do is kill double the mobs you'd normally need to kill to advance a level or recover death xp.
  5. Lurid21 New Member

Couldn’t agree more with Locnar. This is what DBC seems to fail at comprehending.
  6. code-zero Augur

As a Bard back in the day I used my corpse song and selos to make money dragging corpses back for people. Can't say that I ever developed any long term friendships from that enterprise.
  7. Polekn Augur

What does it prove? You did not, other people did.
  8. Vengaz New Member

But code-zero, someone needed you to do that, and were willing to pay for that service. This helps create a community.
  9. Bolten_DA Augur

Don't worry about corpse runs. How can there be corpses with no one playing on this server.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  10. Locnar Journeyman

The whole server will be a corpse unless they deliver on their promise to make it "hard core". Hard core means a return to old mechanics that foster community and interdependence.

This is not a hardcore server ruleset as is, its just slower xp.
  11. Soliman New Member

I legitimately wonder at this point if this is one of those features that can't simply be toggled on or off anymore. They may have moved so far down this road to ever go back. If so, RIP CRs.
  12. Crayon123 Augur

13. Tachyon Augur

I like Selos! It'll be fun and I bet a vast majority of casual and hardcore players will flock there.

I can't really see the draw for Mangler. Corpse runs are a better mechanic than slow xp because there is an amount of adventure in them. And long unlocks make no sense at all. Generally the casual player wants to spend a lot of time in an expansion era and the hardcore player wants to progress as fast as possible because they spend more time per week playing the game.

Selos is exponentially better for people who put in a little playtime and people who put in a lot. I just don't get it?!?
    Crayon123 likes this.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

Yep, it should be a good time. With any luck they would see the benefit to a 2 month unlock instead, keying for raids and leveling alts would be manageable and far more enjoyable in an environment such as that.