luck gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strongbus, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Goodn Augur

Is that with 40 sec forage refresh (max druid) or different refresh timer?
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Each item gets its own roll. But with the weighted curve, it would not be unusual to see two of the same items at 4.
  3. Goodn Augur

Thanks for the quick response. Just means our master auctioneer needs to be alert when there are two non-visibles in chest.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

Ok, thank you. That explains my confusion.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Does that mean the 0 luck items we've seen are bugged?
  6. gnomeboss Augur

max dru.
  7. Funk Augur

Do you mean 0% items? I believe those have 1 luck. 2 is 25%, 3 50%, 4 75% and 5 100%.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

that probably means that that item is a charm and you don't match the charm requirements enough for it to round to 1
    and yes, look carefully... it's likely you are seeing 1 0% which LOOKS like 0, but is actually 1 with 0% progression towards 5.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Are you actually getting three forages with your Ranger? I cannot replicate this in game with the amount of +luck items I have to hand.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Yes
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

12 Luck = no Lucky forages over approximately 90 minutes (not constant foraging but often while looking for collectibles).
    23 Luck = three Lucky forages in around 15 minutes.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The threshold for lucky Forage is 20 (with another boost at 50)
  13. Petalonyx Augur

Are the benefits of luck for lucky defensive checks also in bins of 10?

1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc?
  14. Horyuken Augur

Can we find a comprehensive list of the luck soft and hard caps? ie forage 20/50.

It would make a huge difference when deciding if going in on that item with 4 vs 5 luck will be worth it.
  15. Makma New Member

Well i did some testing with 0 luck and 50 luck on Beta server.
    Out of 100 spell casts i had average 75 crits with 0 luck (I know twincast etc makes it harder to be 100% right)
    Out of 100 spell casts i had average 85 crits with 50 luck.

With 50 luck a lot of my casts was lucky critical, but it seems like some of the lucky criticals would still have been a normal crit with 0 luck.

Didnt GMs also say luck stat was made better on beta due to them wanting some numbers for it?

What i am trying to say, i dont think the numbers is all that easy to figure out.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes, the numbers were different, and fairly high, until late beta.
    Lucky crit chance is fairly high still, though the damage it ads, not as much as it was on early beta.

As for a complete list. At this time I don't want to give it out.
    I will say that defensive luck is NOT every 10. There is not much design space for me to work with these, so they will stay in low values, and not upgrade often.
  17. enclee Augur

Why? Players have as much interest in the development team to effectively implement and parse the functionality of the Luck stat. It's a new stat and players are left confused on effectiveness, measurability, and transparency.
  18. Drakang Augur

So.
    I currently have ZERO luck. However I get a lot of lucky criticals. Does not seem to make sense.
  19. Brohg Augur

speculation: contrary to the magelo profile arranged to show max stats to rank higher online, the gear you actually wear includes evolving shoulders or ring that you're working on leveling up. Each of those has Luck stat
  20. Makma New Member

So will the luck stat "overtake" some hits/spells that would have been a crit anyways with 0 luck?