Option for full groups to be able to create a pick on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by took2summit11, Feb 7, 2019.

1. took2summit11 Augur

I was thinking of ways to combat toxic behavior on TLPs and was thinking an option which has been brought up many times but ultimately shot down because of the load it would create on the servers is the option to create your own pick.

What if it required a full group to create your own pick? This should dramatically reduce server load of all the Necromancers and Enchanters that would try to create their own pick to solo frenzy or something and stays within the spirit of the game. I understand there are people out there that would still game the system and find 5 people to help them create a pick or something, but I do think it would still dramatically reduce the load on the servers. Maybe there’s a way to close to pick if less than 4 people are in the zone. If there’s a full group of 6 people, they should be able to do whatever camp they want. We are all adults with busy lives, it’s hard enough to get a full group together and then it’s demoralizing to see the camp you want is taken and the next best camp is 4 zones and a 20 minute run away, and who knows if someone is there as well.
    ForumBoss and andross77 like this.
  2. Umul Augur

What part of a high level nec or enchanter soloing in a 35-45 level dungeon is not within the spirit of the game. I think expecting loot everytime you zone LFG into L guk is not within the spirit of the game.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

How does creating MORE picks reduce load on the servers exactly?
  4. took2summit11 Augur

It doesn’t, but you failed to read my post. I said they didn’t allow people to randomly create whatever pick they want because it would be too much load. My suggestion is somewhere in the middle of that and what we have now, which requires a set of rules before you can create a pick, such as a full group.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. took2summit11 Augur

Nothing, and they’re more than welcome to. But the line has to be drawn somewhere on creating new picks, and enchanters and Necros creating new picks for themselves would crash servers. Most of these TLP’s favor full groups vs people soloing so thought that rule set would fit nicely in requiring a full group to create a pick.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

No, i read it. You just seemed to contradict yourself so I was trying to clear things up.

Necros and Enchanters aren't just sitting in single picks of 1 anymore, they already fixed that. So I'm not sure what problem with them you are trying to fix.
  7. LittleBrumski Augur

I would love this. Get on, send out some tells and invites, meet at the zone and bam, we're rolling. No more wasting half the evening looking for open camps, fighting over spawns, looking for mobs, getting trained (by people not in the group), etc.

I bet if they could figure out a way to charge Krono to make a pickzone, it'll be done yesterday.
    ForumBoss, Jontrann and andross77 like this.
  8. Febb Augur

I'm failing to see how this would dramatically reduce server load if more groups were able to spawn their own pick zone? There wouldn't be less pick zones, there would be a ton more than previous.
  9. Trevalon Augur

seems like someone didn't play on Phinny in Luclin/PoP era!
  10. revivin Journeyman

I think this would be good as long as they lowered drop rates in these picks. that way you could still xp but wouldnt really hurt economy :)
  11. Flops New Member

Whole guilds run in to force spawn picks of zones with needed items. Put that power into the hands of just 6 man groups? You’ll flood the market. Which I guess works for some people... you’ll end up with FBSS’s so common at launch people are giving em to their pets. Economy crashes, but hey krono farmers can’t do anything aside from maybe sell epic MQs.... you might be into something... XD
  12. Ceffener Augur

For the ultra casual, I’d be cool with having no economy.

But I don’t think the serves could handle it.
  13. SweetLaxTho Elder

this is a terrible idea this is supposed to be a social game. I dont want effin 40 versions of unrest or lguk w only 50 groups between all of them.
  14. Kahna Augur

Yeah, I doubt the servers can handle 40+ picks of Lguk. Even 1 group per pick is likely more than this game can handle. These zone's were never designed to exist as multiple copies, the devs just managed to shoehorn them into the role.
    snailish likes this.
  15. Sethiroth Augur

I understood perfectly what he was saying.

He was pointing out pick zones created by single players caused too much server load, and that’s why they won’t do that, so he suggested full group picks instead. It was pretty self explanatory tbf.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Oh okay, so a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Got it.
  17. Nolrog Augur

It's a solution in search of a problem.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, I'm still confused. How does 1 person, or even a full group of 6, spawn a pick? Most zones require 30+ in all picks before a new one spins up. I assume you aren't talking about AoC instances because they already require a full group to spawn (whether online or not).
  19. Sethiroth Augur

You have an unerring ability to completely miss the point. One could almost believe you’re just trolling. No judgement, whatever it takes to make your day bearable I guess.
  20. Sethiroth Augur

That’s what he’s asking for yes. The ability to spawn an instance of these zones (zones like Lguk etc, that don’t currently have this utility) for the purposes of just one group. Though I’m guessing he wants them to be persistent for the purpose of exp grinding rather than none respawning and lockouts like with AOCs.

Personally I’m neutral on the matter, I would be fine with either method (current picks method or the one suggested by the OP)