Playing on an iPad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by took2summit11, Feb 3, 2019.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Is it possible to play EQ on an iPad?
  2. Cleaver Augur

it would take some work but ive seen it done on tablets before.
  3. Ceffener Augur

Only by using Remote Desktop, and the lack of a real mouse is going to make that experience horrible. But you could check bazaar or something.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The answer is no. Remote desktop really isnt viable tbh.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Surface Pro or other tablets with x86 processors and Windows on the other hand, sure.

Apparently the “Jump” Remote Desktop application does support some mice. But still your accessing another mache remotely over the internet, not playing on the iPad itself.
  6. took2summit11 Augur

Ya, I already installed Jump actually and the Citrix mouse I have for my IPad works fine but the main issue is that the connection is just no where near where I’d need it to be to have an enjoyable experience playing EQ. I guess my options are to wait a couple years for internet connections to get better or to go buy a surface pro to satiate my EQ needs while away from the home.
  7. Captain Video Augur

EQ is not a high bandwidth MMO. A 3G Wi-Fi mobile phone hotspot should work just fine, and every major carrier worldwide supports that now. If you're on a budget, a Surface Go with keyboard can be had for under $500. You can play on a desktop for less than that, but this is the way to go if you want EQ Mobile.
  8. Ceffener Augur

Or pretty much any windows laptop.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

You'd be much better off buying a cheap used laptop for $100-$200 and making sure it has the maximum ram and a decent dual or quad core processor. Surface Pros are very nice but also very expensive.
  10. took2summit11 Augur

11. Buri Augur

Looks a bit weak, that's more of a tablet with a keyboard. It'd probably work, but very slow. I'd look for something with more RAM and HD space (just windows and EQ will take up about half that HD) and a real CPU.