Chase (Evolving Loot) part 3, caster shoulders tier 5 evolved to tank shoulders not useable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Tolzol Augur

We will get you one buddy don’t worry haha
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Wanna really enrage the EQ community, Ngreth? Make the items all evolve one more time after level 5, but only for those who killed mobs in TBL to get them from 1-5. The final evolution will have the type 3 slots for the ring and shoulders and make the boots and hands count towards the charm slot. It will also be named the TRUE....
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh boy, here we go - the ever favored have-not speaks out!
  4. Allayna Augur

Lol, I have all 4 items, tis you that has been crying about having not...
  5. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
    Cailen and Brohg like this.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

7. Morthakia Augur

Where does “ain’t got” and “ain’t got no” fit into the table?
  8. ShadowMan Augur

So the dev who designed the items stated it was intended that old versions of the mob types worked and you want to punish them for then using the older mobs. Honestly who joins this mindset that calls for nerfs, harms others or constantly whines about something every other week? Who in their right mind would go to MS when there are at least 5 other equal guilds that display none of this entitled whiney mentality and are not on over crowded servers.
  9. warbeast New Member

What does MS stand for?
  10. cgy48 New Member

MY STUFF
  11. Cadira Augur

You're correct but off of a false premise. Ngreth (The guy who designed the chase items) stated it was intended to work off old mobs of the correct models, but that he considered it an exploit to drop an instance to generate instant large amounts of mobs to level it. He was pointed out as being wrong, but this was before his original design. He probably would not have made it work off older content if he knew this was the case, but that's just my speculation.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess. Nerfs are sometimes called for to balance things out which I think the game desperately needs at times but there's no easy way to state how to balance things without drawing a lot of ire from people being nerfed. But plenty of people join this mindset if you read the forums.

Glad you asked!

I've never been in any other top 5 or even top 10 guild until MS, so I can't say too much about what other guilds have to offer, but MS has the following qualities I love in a guild and have never seen in another guild:

1. Groups. Yeah groups actually happen in MS all the time. There's always something going on and a variety at that. Probably 3 different sets of people working collectively on stuff. And if none of them are doing what you want to shoot for there's almost always enough people to pull to start something new.

2. We beat raids, and have a fun time doing it. We take raiding seriously, but we aren't drill-sergeant strict about it. You show up, do your job, and have a good time without any confrontation, public humiliation for a small screw up here or there, and everyone wins loot. Currently in second place in the race for TBL clear.

3. Women. We have like 3 women with beautiful serenading voices that speak in TS on the regular. That's enough to get me to join.

4. A diverse and understanding leadership core where the guild leader has given up most of their sovereignty to the entire leadership as a whole to be as democratic as possible. This works great when looking out for everyone in the guild, as many minds are questioned on the greater good of the guild instead of all coming from one single, potentially tyrannical guild leader.

As an extension, this shows that despite our GL's seemingly questionable behavior/opinions he does not speak for our entire guild and therefore display an accurate depiction of our entire guild's mindset. But I'm sure you already knew that.

5. Alt loot. We are probably the most alt-friendly guild in the game when it comes to gearing alts. Some of guilds only allow you to have one toon to gear up outside of your main. We allow you to have one raid alt to gear up first priority, and then any alt after that, and then even friends and family can get gear when it goes to the final tier of bidding. And we clear all the raids of an expansion we have access to every weak, so there's tons of loot to be had. We have notably (from the apps that join from other top end guilds) one of the fastest, streamlined loot dispersion systems in place so there's very little wait between raids as well.

Xegony is not over crowded. It seems to have a very healthy population and plenty of guilds for a variety of play styles and mentalities without having to bump shoulders with people all the time.

PS. I like how only the first sentence in your post even partially correlated with the conversation being had, and then the remainder was used to pointless bash an entire guild unrelated to the subject.
    Lianeb and Allayna like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Your speculation would be incorrect. There is a reason Plane of Fire mobs don't work, spiders don't work, armours don't work... evolving items get experience from the MOB TYPE. It has nothing to do with the zone you're in. It just happens that there are a small amount of dervishes outside of TBL that still give good enough experience to be used. If the Plane of Fire mobs were allowed to give experience, there would currently be about 75 Sathir's Tomb/Chardok/Frontier Mountains pickzone's on every server since those mobs are humanoid. The Sarnak would be able to level up the items.

I don't know if he's working to put a zone restriction on the items - it would be a major overhaul to the evolving item code. But if it does happen, hopefully all mobs in TBL could be used to level up the items instead of only a few types of mobs.
  13. Cadira Augur

Maybe you misread what my speculation was.

I know what the stipulations are for mobs evolving the items and didn't argue that. My speculation was that Ngreth probably wouldn't have allowed mobs outside TBL to work (if that's possible from a coding stand point) if he knew people would find a mob generator (TT mission) ALONG WITH model type restrictions already in place.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

In relation to using TT to evolve chase.

There was no whine. There were problems posed by the eq community, one that the visible slots don’t add stats to the charm and two, that the non vis slots don’t have type 3 augmentation slots. I offered a comical solution that has zero impact on you if you choose the TT route other than in its name. EQ actually has a history of doing things like this, the true tears of Alaris....

Please keep proudly slamming my guild while you post from....?

Cadira forgot to mention that Machin Shin also strives to work out bugs during beta and report them to the Dev team. That we are fair minded, don’t use exploits or cheat our way through content.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

I stand by my statements. Anyone can look at your posting history. You are the leader of the guild so while your actions don't speak for everyone in the guild its horridly off putting and something I just can't imagine someone wants to willingly expose themselves to. No guild is perfect but its not rainbows and sunshine like you guys are trying to sell here either, current and former members talk.

You can pretend your holding yourself to some great standard when in reality your just tossing mud. Every evolving item had a path in old content that usually was favored because of ease. Now your trying to steer a dev to fix certain problems with the evolves but only for those that got your approval. Those that used another method to any degree fall into your ever long cheese and whine posting history.
  16. Lianeb Augur

Maybe try talking to some then?
    Last I heard Machin Shin was falling apart.
  17. Monkman Augur

Crumbling actually
  18. ShadowMan Augur

I never said your guild was falling apart. You guys can deflect all you want. I said your guild is interchangeable with about 5 other guilds. Five other guilds that don't have a leader who is constantly whining about any and everything to the degree of constant nerf and griefing calls. Which can and do impact others should the lobbying impact dev choices hence the posts.

This thread specifically has had them try and throw anyone who exp'd outside of TBL for an evolve to be thrown under the bus. That impacts hundreds if not thousands of people and they are like do it to piss them all off. Last time it was people on your server and how they do things or missions calling dps an exploit. The time before that it was an entire classes abilities. Its never ending and its tiring so couldn't imagine it at the top all day every day. I didn't come here to single out a person or a guild I came here to point out how they representing their guild continually throwing masses of people under the bus as seen yet again in this thread to the detriment of others.
  19. Allayna Augur

The top 5 guilds being interchangeable is laughable at best. Constant nerf and grieving calls? Feeling a bit defensive about how you leveled your chase?

Adding a 6th level was a joke, not a , try not to take it so hard.

The dev who designed them said leveling them in that manner was “sad”. This whole thread is a joke, from complaining about type 3 slots to charm stats to fight fire drop rates to effort required to level the items to how rare the 18/19s are and attacks on Ngreth, and now thanks to shadowman, a personal attack and guild slander, forum lock incoming.

But cool story brah, what guild are you in again?
  20. ShadowMan Augur

ROI does everything a bit better and raids lockouts.

Guilds 2-7 possibly a few deeper are all interchangable. Getting stuck on a raid for 30 minutes longer, having less miss flags a few times, staying up later a few nights or raiding weekends or holidays does not a better guild make.

Maybe it was a joke but based on your posting history and tone I'll stick with it not being so. Your often and regularly are out to harm others with the constant veiled or implied nerf calls.