Question about Chase Loot in TBL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by OldCa61, Dec 28, 2018.

1. OldCa61 Augur

So, EOK items are dropping in TBL ? Didn't see that coming... Maybe TBL in ROK next ??? lol j/k... ?
  2. Hickers Elder

Maybe a coincidence, but the only examples of ultra-rares dropping in TBL that I have heard of (ie, not many) have come from instanced zones...
  3. feeltheburn Augur

was the boots and the ring sir
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. p2aa Augur

I'm glad that the ultra-rare are really ultra-rare this expansion.
    Previous drop rate in RoS and EoK was not "ultra-rare". A casual player with dollars wallet could buy for its toon a full set of raid gear.
    Also not having for once any annoying serverwide spam sellers would be a good thing.
  5. Hickers Elder

Why be glad? Anything that stimulates the flow of cash/Krono can only be good for the longevity of EQ.

Also, it’s not like the EOK rares were so dirt common that they were changing hands for a few hundred pp. Pretty sure the number of people in full gear while they were hot property was very small. And even though pay 2 win is frowned upon, who does it really hurt? It doesn’t take anything away from anyone really. “All the gear and no idea” still applies.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

7. p2aa Augur

Anything that stimulates forbidden third party website chase loot selling is not what I consider money good for the longetivity of EQ. It goes to third party sellers pocket. Anything that dries up the stock of these people is a good thing. Not so common ? Go have a look at how many items they sell. Also look at how many serverwide selling spam there was from people selling stuff in game ? This was certainly not what I call "ultra-rare" item.
    EQ is one of the rare game where pay 2 win doesn't give you best loot. I'm glad it stays this way.
  8. Morthakia Augur

I believe the items that this post is referencing are the “Descending Moon” items that have the equivalent stats to RoS raid gear. The boots and the ring you’re referencing are the Fight Fire Chase Items that are dropping quite regularly.

I’ve personally killed probably close to 15,000 TBL mobs since launch and have never seen one drop (using GamParse to measure my kill count). In fact, I’ve never even seen a Descending Moon item linked.

As for the comments about EoK Chase loot being too widespread: Remember, we had two years of EoK chase loot. On top of that, we had a level increase in RoS which meant for the last year we could slaughter EoK mobs at a MUCH faster pace than TBL. By the end of ROS I could kill about 150 EoK mobs an hour at my favorite camp with little to no risk. I’m closer to 50 mobs an hour in TBL with the danger of a named blowing my group to pieces because i got unlucky with an AE or one of its abilities.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Mazame Augur

" I don't believe anyone in my guild has seen a single piece and most of us are putting lots of hours in all around the expansion. "

I do know of one person in your guild that has had one drop.
    Cadira likes this.
  10. Pirlo Augur

but is that really a bad thing?!?!

someone that plays eq a lot buying a lot of krono which goes into daybreak's pocket and helps funds their company
  11. p2aa Augur

I'm not going to repeat the reasons I yet gave in this thread.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Maor krono = moar forum = more p2aa trouncing at the hands of l33t poasters. :D

Word.
  13. Obliviousnation New Member

I Honestly believe some servers got missed when this stuff was added. Drinal hasnt had a single drop of this gear yet. server has been decently populated past few weeks and nobody has seen a Descending moon drop. any chance that its possible not all servers got them added? or are they really that rare this time?
    OldCa61 likes this.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

15. OldCa61 Augur

Shouldn't there be Descending Moon Weapons ? Haven't seen any. Kinda like Skylance etc... except with hopefully better stats and spiffy looks :) Post if you've seen any...
  16. OldCa61 Augur

Going into 2nd month of TBL. Anybody out there loot any of the "New" weapons/Shields ? Have never seen one of the new weapons drop in any raid or group, even the "raid" guilds haven't reported anything . Maybe someone could check and if not in game they can add in next Patch :)
  17. Astral64 Augur

My crew has probably killed more TBL mobs than most by this point and have yet to see any.

However, we have had two cloth caps drop.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I could be wrong, but doesn't a cloth cap drop only when something else was supposed to drop but (for whatever reason) it could not and the game defaults to that?

If so, that could mean that some of the ultra rares are not dropping...
  19. Astral64 Augur

We figured the same thing. Who knows though to be honest.
  20. OldCa61 Augur

Maybe a Dev could look into this and see what they can find out and post a response ? :) It just seems impossible to believe that these weapons are dropping given the need for most people to at least link their loot ... I have asked old friends on different servers and the answer is not one single drop during their raids and group encounters.Thanks in Advance...