Live Update Bugs 01/16/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Waldagar Augur

Solo Task - Palace of Embers
    Server Tunare
    Dates 2/2 - 2/3
    Stuck on the second step of this mission: Find someone that you can force to give you access to the palace. 0/1 (Aalishai: Palace of Embers) Kill the mobs that are the same kind in Aalishai, such as water, fire, air or earth mobs, a Named NPC "All Consuming Sound" will spawn after, go through its text and kill it. At 10% it will de-aggro, say 'entry'

Two straight days of killing in Aalishai and no named. Originally, only one person in the group needed the task. We read that everyone in the group needs the task, so everyone got the task and now the entire group is stuck on this step. Tried with different people in zone, no change. Tried with only one or 2 people in the group (and zone), and no named. We have not failed this step because we haven't spawned the named. "All Consuming Sound" never showed on track in the zone. It showed up previously when doing the task several weeks ago.

We tried water mobs, fire mobs, and earth mobs and completed all the collections for all the mercenary tasks in the zone for everyone in the group. This feels like a bug to me.
  2. Morthakia Augur

I know this has been mentioned before, but I’ve never seen any developer acknowledgement that they looked into it in detail:

Descending Moon gear is not dropping, at least not on the Vox server. According to GamParse, I have killed 25,000+ TBL mobs since expansion release across Aalishai, Empyr, Mearatas, and Plane of Smoke. I’ve done all of the partisan tasks, mercenary tasks, hunter, missions dozens of times each. I have done collectibles on 6 characters and have close to 3,000 spare TBL collectibles banked. I have all four evolving chase items, 3 of which are fully evolved to Tier 5 and the 4th of which is on Tier 4.

I have not seen a single piece of Descending Moon gear. I’m in regular dialogue with 6-boxers and folks who have also completed the expansion. No one has seen any of it. No one has an alt with it. No one has even linked it.

Pretty please review the parameters which cause Descending Moon gear to drop. Thank you!
  3. Starlene New Member

I was wondering if there is chance to figure out why we keep loosing our primary and now our secondary anchors in EQ, I have had to petition atleast half a dozen times to get them back and POOF they disappear again....Not sure if I am in the right forum but I hope someone can help out.
    Eaiana likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have said, repeatedly, that they are dropping. And that the drop rate is the same as EoK and RoS equivalent drops.
    We know in general why. Unfortunately, the fix is literally months of code changes. It's work we plan to do, but... being months of work, it's not going to happen immediately, nor can we give an ETA. A temp "band-aid" and "not ideal" solution is coming in the next patch. I don't want to give details on that temp fix since I did not implement it, I simply want to let you know that something is coming.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

I got 2 ultra rare Cloth Cap since launch. I just felt like letting you know :rolleyes:
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I know your code says they're dropping, but have you actually looked at the data to see if they drop in all the zones off all of the mobs? Because the real world data that we all see says they are not dropping at the rates EoK/RoS versions of these items dropped.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Monkman Augur

I am aware that the evolving item rewards for lvl 5 are not working for non-plate users..

I have not converted my lvl 5 boots yet (they say 2/2 lvl 4 Platinum Efreeti Boots) however once they hit 100% the Duende Leather Boot Ornament I had in them no longer fits. I assume it has something to do with the current coding. I am still able to wear them however the ornaments do not fit.
  8. Morthakia Augur

Friend of mine also got a Cloth Cap off a TBL mob in Empyr. My understanding is that sometimes Cloth Caps drop when there is some sort of problem with the loot code.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Monkman Augur

Sounds like a lot of Descending Moon Cloth Caps
  10. Natal Augur

The simplest solution is to give everyone AA abilities that do the same thing as the anchors, and just remove the individual anchors themselves. AA "port to guild hall" (or other housing selectable off a list of what you own). You don't need a physical object to port to.
    Yinla and ~Mills~ like this.
  11. Xinny Lorekeeper

On Drinal we are not able to complete the prerequisites to evolve the gloves past the first level. Planes of Power hunter is not able to be completed because there are named mobs in the Plane of Justice trials that can not be acquired. Specifically, the Trial of Stoning has been giving information that it is not available for the past week. It doesn't matter if no one has been in the zone for days, if you have been the only one in the zone all day, or if you have done any of the other trials recently or not. You simply can not request this trial. It appeared as though, after a petition, that a GM arrived (swarmofbees) to reset / repop the zone and that did not fix the issue. Additionally, from what I am hearing, it is a different trial on different servers.

I won't pretend to know what the cause of this is, but if it works after the patch to only become bugged again after one person attempts the trial, that will be a very sad day....

Can this please be addressed? This seems to be an important issue since it makes the evolving gloves completely nonfunctional for people who are prevented from completing this trial. Thank you for your attention and ongoing support Developer team.

Xin
    Weetea likes this.
  12. MelediWeaver Journeyman

On Drinal we are having problems getting hunter done as said in Xinny's post. It would be nice to get this addressed please and thank you.
    Weetea likes this.
  13. Adeus Journeyman

In a recent patch it was changed so that resisted spells can be clicked and you can view its description (which is neat), however since that change, in game audio triggers which informed me that a spell is resisted, and which spell specifically, no longer functions (presumably because said spell is now clickable and isn't actually functioning as text) - I have absolutely verified that the text is correct (the resisted message was slightly different since the change).
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Jalelorf Augur

Has anyone checked RMT sites for descending moon items? All those farmers or botters would have them up for sale on their sites.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Silverwing aura is bugged in VP raid 2, the aura fades (silver circle) but you still get the curse afterwards when it should be safe, seems to be out of sinc
  16. Weetea Apprentice

On Povar it is Torture that is bugged have been trying for the last week or so, need the last two names in there to complete PoJ. Please address this asap
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This was supposed to have been fixed months ago but it is still happening, at least on AB

Each member only looted 1 diamond, yet the loot message does not reflect that.
  18. Wyrdrune New Member

Loyalty currency has disappeared on Test it seems.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have looked at the data. The data is correct. I have checked logs. They show as dropping in the logs.
    hrm. the data looks good (It's set as leather) I know it's something I needed to fix and did fix. Perhaps it's not live yet, waiting for a patch. I have another suspicion (I need to do some research to confirm), but if it's what I think it is, I can't fix it at this point and will need a code change.
  20. Tolzol Augur

What’s the deal with the random cloth caps that are dropping in TBL. We have seen a few in about the rarity of what a ultra rare would take to drop. Donno if it’s related or not but do find it weird they would drop in empyr/other TBL zones if it is unrelated lol. I don’t personally care one way or another just curious.

Edit- i guess i should start reading other posts before i post haha
    Yinla likes this.