Chase (Evolving Loot) part 3, caster shoulders tier 5 evolved to tank shoulders not useable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The loot lockout should prevent them from joining and looting it. As soon as they join the loot is supposed to disappear. (at least that's how it was explained).

However, what you're describing is not "flipping" instances. That's simply efficiently doing the missions with a bunch of toons. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that - other than the possibility of a loot locked person coming in and looting something if it can indeed happen. That's not legit if it can indeed happen. That's an exploit of a bug.
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

Once an instance is up it doesn't change even if someone with loot lockout joins. Anyone who doesn't get a task lockout is free to join anyone elses instance and loot during their own loot lockout. I never said there was anything wrong with it although word is the upcoming patch will stop this from happening anymore. Some people got theirs this way and are claiming getting them wasn't that bad but having a shot 120 times a day is a far cry from 3 times.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

But... the loot lockout doesn't get applied until one of the last 4 mobs gets killed. So if someone joins with a loot lockout already, none of those mobs will drop anything - ever.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You must be talking about the boxer at the Xalgoz camp :D Mr. Zerker...
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

You're not following how this works. People are adding each other in only if something drops already they needed. As long as you don't have a task lockout anyone can join anyone elses instance to come loot. Some people might simultaneously run 15 instances in the morning via 3-4 alt teams for 3-4 actual people and add each other to whatever instance as needed and only do the final hails once all the teams are done. Other people only kill the final 4 mobs getting a loot lockout and then drop the mission forgo'ing the currency and xp. If someone else then gets an evolving item to drop later they dont need the other person can be added to that thatvinstance and loot the item even if they had time on their own loot lockout.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That makes more sense.

I reported a similar issue with raid loot lockouts. If this gets changed, odds are the raid ones will get changed too.
  7. Lifeshriek Augur

Essentially, I hear voices that come from inside my head. I have schizoaffective disorder according to my diagnosis. Some of them tell me when to hit 'Enter' when I manually roll dice for an item for example. I don't know if that's my subconscious or some other telepathic being. If you want to use a Marvel comparison, more like Bolt (electricity based powers) less like Domino (luck based powers), I guess.
    Astral64, Tolzol and Pano like this.
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

Think you missed the point, if you make the investment of time/effort, you shouldn't have to wait for a patch to have it fixed from a great tier 4 item to a worthless tier 5 item that can't be used. No clue why they haven't returned the tier 4 items so that the players can at least have a usable item that again, since even at tier 4, it takes quite a bit of time/effort (this "snowflake" has 4 of them made and wont make click the tier 5s till patch). Not anywhere have I made any reference that the time/effort is too much, just given the time/effort to acquire is substantial to have the reward as a useless item sitting in your bag is a raw deal.

Ruven
  9. 31neelas New Member

I apologize, it was another ranger from BB that was whining/crying that I was replying to.
  10. Swiss Augur

I don't understand the people claiming having the evolved items without type 3s and not counting towards the charm makes a better game because you have to choose(Nobody really chooses one is far better). That is not good content that is just buggy over looked or ignored issues. Maybe only having 1 type of charm was a bad idea, and for many classes the loss of a rarely used type 3 won't hurt I just feel bad for the ones that need it.

But again the main issue is the flat out broken evolve from tier 4 to 5 making the item unusable for many and the terrible response from petitions about asking the community for help when the only solution is going to come from them.

I'm sure dealing with all of this is annoying(lots of terrible people on forums) and lots of hours of work to fix, but the players also put in a lot of hours to get these rewards and they are paying for all of this.
  11. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Have you tried counseling, or just a good cry in bed?

I know, it's very hard to cope with not having a few dozen extra hp and mana for a short period of time. I don't know what I would do. I guess you'll just have to start planning to replace the item and let it rot in the bank. Huh? Oh, you were going to do that anyway in a few months? And then start the whole rat race over again?

Oh. Well that makes it seem almost .... petty.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

[IMG]
    Wuddane likes this.
  13. Wuddane Elder

Did you really just turn this into a RL picture thread?! *grins*
  14. Ecchicon Elder

The only thing that I don't personally understand is complaining about an ~8% drop rate in EQ.
    Mehdisin Mahn likes this.
  15. Brohg Augur

Mask of Vanishing 8(
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

this.... so much this.....
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Hopefully GMM will have a one time pick well type 18 quest until then im done trying to get the group accuracy aug :mad:
    kizant likes this.
  18. Tolzol Augur

Goodurden giving up? Now i know you ain’t gonna go out like that
  19. Orbital101 Augur

Ngreth found a way to get me beaten lol
  20. Astral64 Augur