Pure DPS Classes

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Combonia, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Combonia New Member

Hello. I need a little advice on which dps class to make to pair with a warrior. I just want something that I can focus on to bring a lot of dps. I am not trying to mitigate that aspect for any kind of utility. Thanks.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Make a zerker and call it a day
  3. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

+1
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What makes a zerker better than a rogue or wizard?
  5. Alarya Augur

6. p2aa Augur

More than the class itself it's the skill of the player behind the toon that will make the difference. If you pair this class with a warrior, it's likely you will have ADPS melee support, so a melee DPS class will work and even without ADPS melee support from a shaman or a bard, the melee DPS can add ADPS to the warrior. So Zerker, Rogue, Monk, Beastlord or Ranger.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. roth Augur

Its skill and knowledge of the player behind the toon .. and the degree of attention the player is able to devote to the toon out of the boxed set, that ultimately determine success rate with boxing.

ALL DPS classes, whether they have utility or not (and I’d argue that DPS is the “ultimate” in utility), are a game of Whack-A-Mole with their activated stuff. Whether its a game of hitting spell gems as they pop, or hitting activated abilities as they pop, its all whack-a-mole.

Berserker, however, is probably the biggest DPS if you play the “set and forget” game. Though this will depend upon gear and buffs as well.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Part of my box team is a Zerker. He will always be a part of my team. But he's the epitome of a glass cannon. And once a Zerker has aggro...splat.

Have fun!
  9. Finfan Augur

The same can be said for a Ranger. They may not have quite the DPS output of some of the other classes but they are useful for crowd control (Snare, Root, Harmony) and can act as a secondary healer.
  10. roth Augur

How do you have him geared, and how do you use him? I main a ranger and box a berserker. Compared to a real tank, everyone’s something of a glass cannon. Compared to the ranger, my berserker is a decent offtank. I focus on AC/HP/HDex personally though, for both toons.

OP was not interested in trading the utility of DPS for utility in other areas.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

As other's have said, it will depend on whether you plan to set and forget your tank or your dps. If you are going to be manning the dps primarily then any of the 3 pure melee dps will be great (Berserker, Rogue, or Monk).
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

He is in a mix of EoK raid and TBL T2 Group, 26kAA. What I mean by glass cannon is that, for a chain class, Berserkers tank the worst of them. In fact, it really seems like Berserkers have the same AC soft cap as Wizards. I use him as a box DPS. Assist and pump out damage. Not really sure what you mean "how do you use him". Pretty much if the Warrior gets stunned or mezzed or simply doesn't build aggro like he normally does, the Zerker gets aggro. He splats within a second or two. Barely enough time to get a taunt off..and if taunt fails. So I usually try to hit his Planar Overdose, even that often times isn't fast enough.

It's the price of boxing an entire group. I accept that. My point is that Zerkers have VERY little in the way of aggro management short of simply lowering DPS.