Fan Faire Event Location

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Nicolos Journeyman

I vote Dallas for sure. Plus, and I might be wrong, this didn’t seem to come off as a full fledged event like the last few we had but more in line with the first Fan Faires. Much smaller and closer knit with no real announcements would keep costs pretty low on Daybreak’s part compared to the others.
    Movistar likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It was tongue-in-cheek. #calmyourselves
  3. taliefer Augur

-1 to Dallas, no thanks.
  4. Silinius Augur

Actually Dallas has more flights in and out from more destinations than Las Vegas. There are certain cities that Vegas has more flights (for instance Seattle to Las Vegas) but generally speaking, that is the exception vs. the rule. In the 12 months prior to Nov. 2018, Dallas had around 69M passengers (60M being domestic). In that same period, Las Vegas has around 45M (with around 38M being domestic). DFW airport is the fourth busiest airport in the United States.

I work in the travel industry and look at these stats all day... sadly.
  5. Ames_Ames New Member

+1 to Dallas, yes thanks.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Some were talking about Absor's basement before. But Ngreth's wife makes good cookies. Maybe his basement instead.
    Angahran likes this.
  7. eqgamer Augur

+1 to anywhere.
  8. kyong Augur

I'd fork over some $ for this. Whatever it is, I hope it's fun. I'd like to continue to support EQ. Make some lvl 100 or 105 heroic characters while your at it.

Also throw in...a /claim for accounts created in 1999!
  9. Mitsune Elder

+1 for any place outside the US. Canada is great. UK is great.

This of this like a new EverQuest expansion. You have to go to a new land, new continent and experience some real life adventure.
    skattabrainz and Yinla like this.
  10. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

As fun as it would be to have it in Canada or abroad, you're Guaranteeing full stop that the attendance will be a *lot* lower if you host outside of the US.
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Besides, who the heck here is willing to learn how to speak Canadian, anyway?
    jeskola likes this.
  12. Roxxlyy Augur

While we are planning an IRL fan event for all of our Norrathians, please don't expect a full-blown SOE Live/Fan Faire in the traditional sense! Though I can't share details yet, things are certainly going to be different from what the event has been in the past.

PS - I'm still really, really excited because it's going to be awesome, I just want to manage some expectations!
  13. jeskola pheerie

Punch and pie on Absor's back patio confirmed.
  14. lancelove Augur

Roxxlyyyy! Let's do San Diego North County! We can start @ the Stone Brewery in San Marcos then head to Pizza Port in Carlsbad for more debauchery! Crawl around Carlsbad and end up teaching everyone how to surf! WOOT WOOT!
  15. jeskola pheerie

I've been to those places, they are expensive! We have subs to pay for and krono to buy!
    Panime likes this.
  16. Herodotus Augur

There's a Chuck E Cheese close to your office. Almost edible pizza and games for the kiddies. What could be better?

P.S. Have you had a chance to look at my forum access issue? Still offering In and Out if you can solve it. :)
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Anything short of a 10 day, Norrath Cruise, will be a disappointment.
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Will there at least be free beer at Applebee’s or will we be buying our own?
  19. skattabrainz Augur

Whys it gotta be west coast.

NYC BABY
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Let’s do it on the hornblower.