Fan Faire Event Location

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Jan 23, 2019.

1. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

+1 Dallas
    Movistar likes this.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Dallas is way too Hot, my pasty white gamer skin will never survive
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. So Happy Augur

Dallas, please.
    Movistar likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't know why people keep saying talking about cheep travel to dallas but it shows up as more expensive to fly to then vegas for my location at least and vegas is at over 3 times the distance from me then dallas is.
  5. Movistar Journeyman

They havent released a date for you to check flight tickets far enough out...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Movistar Journeyman

Was this an outside event? haha
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

they should take the data in their data base and find like best citys for a tour that are close to the greatest number of active players of all the games. The bigger the number who can go to the events the better over all it will be.
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

I gave some more thought to this and now I'm not so sure.
    Absor would eventually get annoyed by something and kick everyone out.
    Only we find we were in an escape room but we think, "Collectively we can get out of this situation".
    And then it gets all SAW with all the devs that devised the situation upstairs laughing maniacally.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Seattle because I don't want to fly and it's going to be a tough sell to convince the wife. Also we have a thriving homeless population that looks like something out of chapterhouse so if you are a pally or cleric you will get the true EQ experience here.
    Conq likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need to know the exact date to be able compare prices of flights to Dallas versus Las Vegas. If you plenty of notice the price difference of flights between those 2 cities is going to be the same and it is highly unlikely that the dates they chose will change this. I am guessing that for a lot of people Vegas will be cheaper for the simple fact that more people go to Vegas then Dallas.
  11. Ceffener Augur

And booking flights a couple months out is almost always more expensive these days...that't old advice. Looking at flights right now I can get to Dallas next week much cheaper than 2 months from now.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

As much as I hate to admit it, Vegas is the best convention spot. I would like Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, or Des Moines, as alternates.

Dallas, no thanks. You're just hot for no reason.
  13. Movistar Journeyman

They havent even said a date yet and it dont get hot in Dallas till the summer.
  14. Herodotus Augur

Having been to Seattle I can attest to the rather extensive homeless population that is tolerated there. However, I am not sure that it's much of a selling point. Sadly, San Diego is suffering from a similar infestation now.
  15. Treygolas Journeyman

+1 for Dallas. Hopefully, FF will be after June 14th because I'll be out of country until then. Also, I can take groups around to the local craft breweries, since I'm good at that. ;)
    Movistar likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you missed the point. If tickets to dallas cost on average $100-$200 more then tickets to vegas do at this point for various date ranges I don't think that will change by the time they announce the location and dates for the event. My post wasn't about when to book but that for a lot of people getting to vegas will be cheaper (and possibly easier due to more flight options) then dallas.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Movistar Journeyman

I checked ticket prices for air fair for multiple cities, and its definitely more expensive for the eastern states to fly to California and Vegas compared to Dallas
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. ForumBoss Augur

I had a similar experience there, it left a bad impression of the state for sure.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just wondering what cities did you chose to compare from? For me flying from Kansas City to Vegas was cheaper even though Dallas is a lot closer.
  20. Movistar Journeyman

most major cities east coast and west of there