Fan Faire Event Location

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Movistar, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I guess the joke is a bit old now since they no longer suck... but wouldn't a town with an NHL team be preferable?
    Scornfire, Movistar and Brohg like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Copenhagen?

No?

:)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Pirlo like this.
  3. Littlelegs Elder

I bet they posted this letter hoping for help on where to host the event.
  4. charla Lorekeeper

I'm sure you guys in the US think us Europeans all live on the East Coast but it's not true! ;P But East Coast would be a good compromise :)
    Morthakia likes this.
  5. Morthakia Augur

Agree with this. Preferably somewhere with a great convention center and relatively cheap hotel costs (Pittsburgh / Orlando)? Alternatively, somewhere with great airport access (Atlanta / Miami / Charlotte / Philly?).

Honestly, I’d be happy if Dallas were the destination, despite being an East Coaster myself.
  6. Blackburrow23 Elder

Find a large LAN party event and try to piggyback on what they are planning. Have a EQ players room and a panel. Not only would I love to go but I'd also love to play with my buds irl.
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It will be Vegas or San Diego.
  8. roth Augur

If that was the criterion, Tampa would be top of the list :p

Seriously though ... Orlando gets my vote. Its good enough for Star Wars conventions and, if people want to arrive a day or two early or stay a day or two late, its got some real good family attractions.
  9. Movistar Journeyman

Dallas Love Field Airport is 6 miles away from the Dallas Anatole.
    Risiko likes this.
  10. Sobmre Augur

FT LAUDERDALE
  11. zarcal Elder

Someplace close to a world class roller coaster please (so i would accept, Dallas, Orlando, San Diego from the suggestions so far, but Charlotte ---- i would have no choice but to come :) )
    Movistar likes this.
  12. Movistar Journeyman

6 Flags over Texas is 18 miles away from Hilton Anatole
  13. SunDrake Augur

Dallas would be swell.
    Movistar and Risiko like this.
  14. Risiko Augur

Dallas, Texas for the win.
    • Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) airport is the hub for American Airlines, services 244 destinations including 62 international and 182 domestic, fourth busiest airport in the world (by aircraft movement), and was named the 2019 Airport of the Year.
    • Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport (convention center and hotel located on the DFW airport premises) offers 811 guest rooms, 160,000 sqft of flexible function space including 60 meeting rooms, and guest room rates are as low as $95. This the venue that Board Game Geek uses every year for BGGcon. It will easily hold the number of people that typically go to Fanfaire, requires zero transportation for those flying in because it is at the airport, and should be pretty reasonable to book.
    • Food... Food... Food. Texans are all about the food, and we have everything you can imagine here in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex. Be sure to try out Hard Eight BBQ (near the airport) while you're here.
    • Both Dallas and Ft Worth offer numerous bars, clubs, and things to do at night with beautiful downtown areas to visit.
    • DFW airport is connected to both cities via train (light and heavy rail), and there's always Uber and Lyft if you want to branch out from the trains. The metroplex is huge, so don't expect to walk.
    Elyssanda, Movistar and Pirlo like this.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I vote Alaska
    treehugger likes this.
  16. Genjo Lorekeeper

-15 Dallas
  17. Genjo Lorekeeper

San Diego - cheaper for Daybreak to do it near their own offices
    more daybreak folks come to it.

+35,056 San Diego (Critical Hit)
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Likely be in the bay area to control costs, on the bright side there's A BUNCH of really awesome airbnb mansions around San Diego that Guilds can rent at a very reasonable rate. , I said too much, nevermind

+1 To Canada though, Calgary will gladly rent out any number of their giant empty office buildings for the cost of utilities. You could even do it just before Stampede and people could experience both! Or head to Banff for some awesome scenery in a rented car. Really, it's the best choice
  19. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I think you meant Calgary, but seriously, give us Brayden Point (and our Cup) back
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It's cute seeing all the east coasters dream :D