2 new TLPs announced for 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elbereth, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Hdizzle Augur

Lets start here, things that should be on BOTH servers:

AoC's
    Pickzone
    Not slow xp, I just think its boring game play /shrug.

I must say I very very much applaud them for releasing two servers in tandem. Its been asked for the in past and part of me thinks one server won't have truebox if there are 2 of them.

Biggest variables IMO:

Truebox on or off
    FV loot on or off
    Different unlock schedules
    Faster / slow xp rate

I think changes beyond these six elements break everquest.

I'm curious what they, by their own description, consider a "hardcore" server.
  2. Hdizzle Augur

They have to know they are taking a hit when that drops. I would imagine they believe the "hardcore" crowd will stay cuz F*** Wow and the casuals will jump back and forth, quit and resub etc so they need a server where they can catch up in a timely fashion.
  3. Elskidor Augur

I'm hoping for the fast xp on FV with shorter unlocks personally. I don't really care how box is handled. If I box I can roll either way.
  4. Tachyon Augur

If we are talking rolling back the clock hardcore other than global changes that can't be rolled back:

- Slow XP (The definition of hardcore was how many hours you played.)
    - No instancing (Pickzones, AoC)
    - CORPSE RUNS!
    - Unlocks as soon as conditions are met, even if it's only a few days for Classic.
    - Let people box what they want.
  5. Machentoo Augur

This one is interesting. As much as I dislike some of the restrictions of truebox code, I fail to see how having the ability to script your toon to max level while you're only nominally at the keyboard makes for a more hardcore experience. I am curious to see what they do here, but I have a feeling we won't ever see another server without truebox code.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

I can easily see corpse runs coming back. That's just taking a page out of p99's.... errrrr.... classic EQ's book.

No pickzones will be rough. I would say it will be brutal. I'll be surprised if they do it.The interesting thing is, if part of the hardcore thing is dumbing down player DPS and/or jacking up NPC defense, well then we will see a shift back to traditional camps. In modern TLP, on Agnarr launch when we were all naked, we still steamrolled content. It allowed groups to devour mobs and essentially claim more spawns than back in the day. You used to actually mez in exp groups... but on TLP it got to the point where we flat out told ENC to stop mezzing.

Which brings me to another point, hardcore TLP should absolutely make charm more risky in the early expos.

Slow exp seems like a given, but with how bad Coirnav did, probably because of that, I am skeptical exp will be slower than that.

It's really going to be interesting to see what they actually deem is Hardcore.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Gotta agree. Whatever server they release, if it's populated with 18 toon 1-man armies, it will fail and fail fast.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

9. HoodenShuklak Augur

lol...

So, we brought up the premium TLP, but what about a free-2-play TLP? I think it would be great... just sell more in game costumes to cover the difference.
  10. Tachyon Augur

I never really cared what other players do that much, but as long as we get the rest I'm cool with truebox. I don't box personally.
  11. Rile Lorekeeper

Hardcore would be Truebox IMO.. multiboxing makes the game easier, not harder
    Quill and andross77 like this.
  12. Artaserse2 Elder

Hardcore:

Combine/Sleeper Progression & Ruleset
    Phinny/Coirnav XP

Optional: No instancing (pickzones,AoCs), No True Box

Casual:

Full FV Ruleset
    Agnarr XP
    True Box

Optional: Lock at OoW, 4 month (17 week) unlocks

My guess is that the 2 new TLP servers will be something like these. It would fit each class of players well & neither would be too difficult for Daybreak to implement.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Artaserse2 Elder

True Box is now the Standard. A non-True Box server with tons of 20+ box crews running around is going to be viewed as sub-standard by many people.

On the other hand, for a Hardcore server...……..
  14. Tachyon Augur

I think the FV ruleset thing is unnecessary. It makes it too much of a farm and buy server. Earning your gear is more fun, even for casuals.
  15. Artaserse2 Elder

I agree with this. True Box is now the Standard.

On the other hand, for a Hardcore server...…… you just don't know. They could go without the True Box restrictions.
  16. MR_STYLZ TLP Hore

Hardcore (only thing that matters here)
    Corpse runs
    No instances
    No daybreak store buffs/XP pots
    No AoC
    No boat teleporter
  17. Numiko Augur

ultra casual could also mean letting Free and Silver accounts on it :eek:
    and enabling recruit a friend accounts too!!! :p
  18. Ceffener Augur

Only took us 5 years to go from casuals shouldn't raid to an Ultra-Casual server.
    Rile and andross77 like this.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's what happens when you lose 99% of your original market share and think those hard-core players are going to support the business.
  20. Hane New Member

Really hoping Hardcore means some sort of PvP server. Please, just give us one TLP.