Do we actually need a TLP server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Beggly, Jan 5, 2019.

1. That0neguy Augur

So Coirnav missed out on 1 person not playing? Oh no!
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Well, when 'one person' on coirnav is a 22 account box army, that's a significant number of 'active players'.
  3. Thalliius Augur

You better pray as well, because there is a point of diminishing returns with new TLPs, and as they approach that, every new TLP will do more harm than good to the game. If DBG fails to make money, they go bankrupt and then none of us get to play on ANY server

My guess is they’ve already seen the writing on the wall and know it’s not sustainable long term.. which may be why they started selling lifetime All access Memberships. Not a good sign when a company foregoes steady, recurring revenue in exchange for a 1 time payout

There is nothing ignorant about my post. Be careful what you wish for.
  4. Umul Augur

DB didn't care about Ragefire when they rolled out Phinny middle of kunark or whenever it was.

DB didn't care about Phinny or even Agnarr for that matter when they rolled out Coirnav.

DB wants those freshy subs that only new servers can conjure.

Don't take it personally Coirnav dwellers, they aren't taking down the server. They are making a new and hopefully unique server. The concern of going to the well too often on these servers was brought up when Phinny came out with EVERYTHING WE WANTED AND ASKED FOR AND WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO HAVE before they even released Ragefire and Lockjaw. Ragefire is still ticking and is quite chill atm.

Coirnav has the element of classic being not as appealing as it was even before Coirnav was released. There will always be people who hop to the new shiny server and DB knows that, but I don't envision the mass exodus people are concerned about unless the new server is like the most ultimate server of all time. And if that's the case, what are we complaining about? Stay on your server of preference /shrug
    Thalliius and Jontrann like this.
  5. Jontrann Augur

Whew boy.............

Just for future reference this is not the first time they have sold lifetime all access memberships.
  6. Funnything Journeyman

ya the original appeal of TLP servers was the achievement website and then the whole no focus items and corpse runs, it was legit EQ. Now it's just a term for new servers that cater to carebears and really isnt a true TLP. but they dont police the servers enough now so a real TLP would be train hack fest and youd have to get your corpses, ruining that idea real fast and less profit for DBG.
  7. Umul Augur

All the EQ servers are Carebear servers Lol. Not sure that's a bad thing..
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You playing these TLP servers wrong Risiko.

We all raided way back when, we all spent tons of time back in 1999 - 2001.

These servers are just to enjoy and have fun, sounds like you went back in-time and joined a group of players that think being at the bleeding edge was fun or still is fun.

I found it quite enjoyable to hardly raid, have fun with friends and enjoy whatever came from RF to Agnaar. I'll enjoy it again if they come out with some FV style loot server with decent experience like Agnaar, otherwise I won't play again.

We all know DBG is going to start a another server, they are easy $$ generators for them for little effort.
    Jontrann likes this.
  9. Thalliius Augur

Yea but you don’t need really need corpse recovery mechanics. That’s a really outdated thing that doesn’t bring value to the game. It makes the game “harder” really just thru annoyance

It’s a good thing they removed corpse recovery.. 24+ hours in plane of fear doing CR, ahhhh memories......
  10. Thalliius Augur

They’ll regret those lifetime subs in about a year. Recurring subscriptions/revenue is king
  11. taliefer Augur

no, we dont need A new server, we need TWO new servers!

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-anniversary-producers-letter-january-2019

"We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches – one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16."
  12. malaki Augur

You know you can switch essences from Luminous to Incadescent and reverse right?
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

IMO, we need 3.
  14. Cronar Elder

I want one of the servers to be fun yet functional. They could do one TLP and another normal, but require membership for both.
    What i am talking about is an any race any class server.Throw the rules out the window, let people be what they want in any combination.
    This is probably the only way they could guarantee a bigger draw in subscriptions.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Or advertising to attract new players, lol.
  16. Cronar Elder

Most advertising is wasted on gamers.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's the spirit.
  18. Machentoo Augur

It was quite popular, and a lot of fun, but for a month. No one would have played on it as a long term permanent server. No one raided. That wasn't the purpose. Of course, it was also pvp enabled.
  19. Cronar Elder

It's true. Do you spend time looking at gaming ads?
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Nobody thinks they are susceptible to advertising and everyone thinks they have above average intelligence.