Group Lifetap spell

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lufraki, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Lufraki Elder

Am I just noticing now (after so many years) that the SK lifetap spells do not heal the SK pet? or is this something new?
  2. Filthy casual Journeyman

The SK pet cons yellow to 110.
    Tanks TBL adds.
    It must be bugged since shadow knights are knights and not a pet class, correct?

If it's intended, let's make it just come fully equipped with pet gear and give it harm touch.
    It's not like mage pets have RK. III
  3. Angahran Augur

I don't recall conning my pet but I don't think it's yellow.
    Tanking TBL adds ? Are you sure it wasn't a necro pet you were looking at.
    Considering the thousands of AAs we spend on our pet I've always been surprised how much of a speed bump it is.

Honestly, comparing the SK 'pet' with any real pet class's pet is just amusing.
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Filthy casual Journeyman

1 thing is universally true of FQ, the SK community is infamous for downplaying their abilities.
    Learn to SK.
    They absolutely can off tank trash in the current expansion.
    RK. III makes the pet level 111.

Some situational usage, pet taunt on and fight a named that charms in TBL, the pet will never actually maintain aggro over the SK, but in the event the SK get's charmed it isn't a wipe. Same scenario, the pet ends up eating the charm/mez/fear/single target dot that the named casts.

I was merely pointing out the absurdity of asking for a group lifetap that heals the pet as well as yourself, when the class already does 800k burst dps, tanks just fine, aggro's just fine and it gets a pet?

Considering most of the missions seem to have PoWar rules regarding pet tanking, I'd be furious if I were a BST/MAG.
  5. Pirlo Augur

[IMG]
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

If you mean the lifetap itself, it has never healed our pets. Nor should it.

If you mean the passive proc on detrimental spells, it should heal the pet as far as I know.
  7. Leigo You come here often?

no its not i have a rk3 pet and he's 109, DB con
  8. Drogba Augur

lv108 rk.3 pet is level 111.

SK pet can tank, though he's very frail and requires a lot of healing.
    Filthy casual likes this.
  9. Sobmre Augur

How dare an SK "the most powerfull thing in eq" ask for anything
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I still haven't seen an answer to why this buff wouldn't land on the pet, assuming all other group buffs land on the pet. Seems arbitrary.
  11. Angahran Augur

"The most powerful thing in EQ" ? /ROFLMAO
  12. Filthy casual Journeyman

Lifetap is not a buff, unless you are referring to the heal/hate/hp buff from touch of hemofax.

[55815/13700] Touch of Hemofax Rk. III
    Classes: SHD/110
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1332
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -500
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 10s, Rest: 1.5s
    Recourse: Gift of Hemofax III
    1: Decrease Current HP by 4709

[55818/55816] Gift of Hemofax III
    Classes: SHD/110
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 4m+ (40 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Increase Hate Generated by 25%
    5: Increase Current HP by 3553
    6: Increase Max HP by 3541 (Decaying to 3073 @ 12/tick)
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is that the spell the OP is referring to? Title says "group lifetap". The spell data you show is not targeted at the group.

So, is the OP just confusing himself by calling it a "group lifetap"? If it's not a group lifetap, then there's no reason it should hit the pet. If it is (or something else he's referring to) a group lifetap, then there's no reason it shouldn't hit the pet.

So, @OP, what specific spell are you referring to?
  14. Lufraki Elder

I was referring specially to the group lifetap line the “ Bite of “ and the AA Bit of Chaos, I don’t ever see it healing the pet... regardless of spell rank, i’ve Maxed out the pet AA’s so I know I have that, the “Theft” proc does seem to effect the pet but no group spell or AA..

And no, I’m not asking for anything new or additional...
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I'd have to agree. It's a group benefit, and everything else hits the pet. There's no justification to purposely have this skip the pet.

Have you /bug reported it?
  16. Filthy casual Journeyman

Sorry about the misunderstanding, without the spell data I just wasn't sure what you were talking about. But basically a 10k heal every 1 min that is instant cast and mana free and returns mana to the group. I gotcha now. Not OP at all. Sure, let it heal your pet, hell, just make it AE splash instead.

[51167/27541] Vicious Bite of Chaos XI
    Classes: SHD/254
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Disease -500
    Reflectable: No
    Trigger Spell DS: No
    Casting: 0s
    Recourse: Vicious Bite of Chaos Recourse XI
    1: Decrease Current HP by 10000