GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Looks like I forgot to update the number so .56 still shows as .55. Oh well, doesn't matter because it's old anyway.

Update .57: Redownload from first post.

-I disabled the Test tabs because they use a ton of ram and slow things down. Not all of you have dozens of GBs of ram to spare, heh.

If you want to see them for testing you can type !enabletest in the search box on the search tab. (!disabletest to disable).
  2. Zenshai New Member

No Installation Bugs, no popup warnings or bug reports.

Had 4.7.2 installed, re-installed anyway and it asked if I wanted to repair. Said yes, it did so.

Still have same issue.

Windows 7 SP1, updated to within a week (Updating now just to make sure).

It almost seems as if it's a window stacking issue...if not that, then maybe the summary generation code isn't being executed for some reason, really not sure.

Not gonna mess with it much more tonight, but I'll try another fresh install tomorrow and see if I can work around it or discover something to indicate what might be the cause.
  3. Xeladom Augur

Thanks Beimeith!
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I have not tried it yet but numbers from others seem sane again.

Thank you sir.
  5. Brohg Augur

Please add for beastlords "SOANDSO begins to cast with vindication."
    This is the message for their spell proc - flurry disc series Al'ele's / Venon's Vindication
  6. Bumkus Elder

Given that many factions max out before hitting "ally", you could change text under amount in the faction tab to "max". not sure their is any way to list exactly what the maxed out action faction level is though
  7. Zenshai New Member

I went ahead and did a better testing scenario set on the issue I reported with the Spells & Discs Tab not rendering properly (see previous screenshot).

Tested on 3 computers:
    Windows 10 Home fully updated. Does NOT report in Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and features that .NET is installed at all...I'm assuming they built at least some of it in to the OS?

--worked as expected.

Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, fully updated 1/19/19
    Fresh install of MS .NET 4.7.2 (uninstalled all previous versions)
    --Screen does not render properly.
    --Confirmed on 2 separate computers.
    System 1 had Visual Studio Dev Tools installed, System 2 did not. Neither worked.

So it appears this is a bug in Windows 7 .NET platforms only.

It almost seems as if it's a window stacking issue...I'm wondering if Win 10 has some sort of sorting algorithm change that wasn't implemented on Win 7 platforms.
  8. S33k3r Augur

I really like how I can view multiple players spells/discs/casts over time. The old version really struggled with this.

Under Player DPS -> New Breakdown, what is Luck Bonus ? I'm seeing values between -100% and 327%
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Strange. Even stranger because I can't think of any reason why it's only those two particular boxes that won't show. The both in a vertical split container to allow for resizing, but so are several other things that you don't seem to have a problem with.

I don't have a Windows 7 computer anymore so I didn't test it there. I can try to set one up later and check it there.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The way the spells over time was handled before was pretty bad. It can still take a bit if you select a really long fight and lots of people, but for most circumstances it should be pretty quick now.

Luck Bonus calculates the extra damage you gained from Lucky Criticals.

First it takes the Critical Damage and divides it by the number of Critical Hits to get the Average Critical Hit.

Then it takes the Lucky Critical Damage and divides it by the number of Lucky Critical Hits to get the Average Lucky Critical Hit.

Finally it divides the Average Lucky Critical Hit by the Average Critical Hit to calculate how much more Lucky Hits are on average than regular Critical Hits.

Realistically Lucky Crits are ALWAYS higher than the normal Crit. The reason you sometimes see a negative value or a really low positive value is because EQ has a lot of randomness.

Example: If I cast a spell with 1000 base damage and a random 0-100% focus effect with a x2 crit mod, my spell will land for anywhere between 2000 and 3000 on a crit. If Luck adds 15% damage to my crits, my spell will land for anywhere between 2150 and 3150.

You see how much overlap there is. I could get a normal Crit for 3000, and a Lucky Crit for 2150 and the calculated Lucky Bonus you see in the parser would be negative because the normal Crit was higher.

So you need to either 1) remove all random focus effects and then parse it, or 2) parse for a really long time to average out the randomness of your focus.

Melee have the same problem because every hit is naturally random because melee combat uses a D20 roll. They generally hit a fuckton more than casters though so it should be easier for them to approach the real value.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Can you please give me an example from the log itself?
  12. Brohg Augur

[Fri Jan 18 22:45:14 2019] Wazrong begins to cast with vindication.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Is there some trick to making it catch range combat abilities like Focused Gale of Blades and Jolting Wheel Kicks?
  14. Syclones New Member

Any chance to have a heal overlay for us healers?
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's possible, but would it really be useful?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It reads what's in the log file. If it's not in the log file because you're out of range there is nothing I can do.
  17. Morra Megabard

Code:
    String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

[Sun Jan 20 15:45:55 2019] **A Magic Die is rolled by Player. It could have been any number from 7 to 777, but this time it turned up a 430.

This keeps popping up when people are randoming manually.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure why. I have been changing most of the displayed timestamps to use yyyy/MM/dd HH/mm/ss format and it's possible I missed something somewhere, but every time I test it myself it works just fine.

I can change something and you can try that, I'll send a tell in-game.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Update to 2.0.0.59 - Can redownload from first post.

Changes:

-Fixed Linked Pets not showing on New Breakdown Tab.
    -Converted a couple missed Timestamps in Randoms Tab to yyyy/mm/dd format and adjusted how it reads them to (I think) fix the problem with /randoms causing an error.
    -Fixed a problem parsing lucky evades (not my fault, DBG's).
    -Fixed Thousand Blades not reading correctly. My bad.
    -Added Beastlord Vindication discs mentioned above.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Oh, forgot to mention, I added an option to not show the extra stuff in the fight navigator. I may remove it and go about it differently, but it's there for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.